• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Veliki si Zoze

Jose Mourinho ensures Sir Alex Ferguson influence endures at Manchester United

Jose Mourinho’s determination to ensure Sir Alex Ferguson’s presence is still felt around Manchester United has been laid bare, with fresh details emerging about the extent to which he has gone to involve the club’s former manager.

United have endured a tough transition since Ferguson retired in May 2013 after 26½ years at the helm, during which he won 13 Premier League titles, two Champions Leagues and numerous other trophies.

Ferguson enjoyed good relations with David Moyes, his successor, and Louis van Gaal, but he cast a large shadow over both men at Old Trafford.

Moyes consulted Ferguson regularly for advice but was sacked after just 10 calamitous months in charge and Van Gaal’s two-season reign, when the drab brand of football was routinely criticised, drew unfavourable comparisons with Ferguson’s attacking ethos.

But Mourinho, who has overcome a difficult start to win the past eight matches during an unbeaten 14-match streak when he has won praise for dramatically improving the team’s style of play, believes it is important Ferguson and the club’s past are embraced.

Mourinho disclosed in an interview last month that he was not one to be haunted by “ghosts” of the past and had made a point of inviting Ferguson to United’s Carrington training headquarters to watch training, talk to the players and share lunch with him.

And it has since emerged that, when Ferguson recently requested permission to travel on the United team coach to an away match, Mourinho assured him that he did not need to ask and could sit anywhere he wanted, including in the seat reserved for the manager.

It also transpires that, before United played Middlesbrough at Old Trafford on New Year’s Eve, Mourinho went to seek out Ferguson in a private suite beneath the directors’ box in Old Trafford’s south stand to wish the Scot a happy 75th birthday. As reported by ESPN, Ferguson, now a United director, was hosting at a table he uses to invite guests to games and was understood to have been touched by Mourinho’s gesture.

United go in search of a ninth consecutive win when Hull City visit Old Trafford on Tuesday evening for the first leg of their EFL Cup semi-final.

With Marcos Rojo expected to miss the match with a muscle injury that makes him a doubt for Sunday’s Premier League game against Liverpool and Eric Bailly away at the Africa Cup of Nations, Chris Smalling will partner Phil Jones in central defence.

Smalling made only his second start at the weekend since returning from a broken toe that was the centre of some intrigue in early November after Mourinho appeared to criticise the defender for being unwilling to play through the pain barrier when he missed the 3-1 win at Swansea.

Smalling had no problem with Mourinho’s remarks and said he had suffered the broken toe in the first half of the 4-1 Europa League win at home to Fenerbahce on Oct 20, which forced his substitution at half-time, and after which required him to face Chelsea with a pain-killing injection.

“It was during the Fenerbahce game when I came off at half-time,” Smalling said. “I did it then and then obviously you try to carry on in games after.

“I think it’s nice when the manager wants you out there to play and I think I, as with most players, try to push myself to the limit all the time and in the end it just needed the rest it needed. Now it’s all good so I am happy.”
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...es-manchester/
        sigpic

Comment

• Juan Mata has a higher pass accuracy than any other player in the Premier League this season (600+ passes).

An impressive 91%.
          10: No player has assisted more goals for ManUtd this season than Wayne Rooney.
          Runi objektivno jeste igrač za klupu, ne za prvu postavu, ali on ove sezone dosta doprinosi. O Mati koji isto nije u prvih 11 da ne pričam. Imamo 3-4 igrača sa klupe koji mogu puno donijeti ovoj ekipi, to nam je baš veliki plus u odnosu na prošlu sezonu npr., tad smo imali jedino Rašforda da proba nešto uraditi kad uđe.

Comment

• Posto nam je u FA kupu dosao Dzojsov Vigan, a posto trenira Ravel s njima, mozda cemo gledati na Teatru Pogbu, Morisona i Lingarda

Ima ovo od novosti

22 year old may well be on Mourinho’s list, as Man United official sent to club

Manchester United have watched a good number of Belenenses matches this season, a Portuguese club they don’t have a strong record of sending scouts to.

Earlier it had been easy to assume the reason was Joel Pereira, with the Manchester United goalkeeper on loan at the club. Pereira has now returned and so it was surprising to see Manchester United on the list of spies attending Moreirense’s 1-0 victory over Belenenses last night.

Given that Manchester United don’t scout the club as a matter of routine, someone looks to have caught the eye whilst Pereira was being monitored, or perhaps was the target of attention all along.

This is just us speculating, but the target may well be Fabio Sturgeon. The 22 year old attacking midfielder has been receiving praise this season in Portugal and has long been considered a talented youngster.

In December, Manchester United had someone watch Belenenses against Estoril, and Sturgeon was Man of the Match.

A little bit of digging shows Jose Mourinho, who came through Belenenses’ youth system and played a season with the club, has been linked with Sturgeon previously. During the manager’s last spell at Chelsea the Portuguese press covered the interest.

At the time Chelsea were scouting Belenenses, and it’s not something they’ve a track record of doing since Mourinho left.

The youngster has an English father, which has probably helped encourage links to English clubs previously, and, just like Mourinho, Sturgeon is from the Setubal area and came through the Belenenses academy system.

Despite his young age, Sturgeon has played around a hundred games for Belenenses. His current contract runs until June 2018, giving the club a nudge to renew or sell.

Manchester United were the only English club with a scout at the match.
            sigpic

Comment

• Bez Tozlana veceras
              Originally posted by Dekinjo
              Šta mislite da su Livepulu poništili dva čista gola, a Sitiju nisu. Koliki bi bio rezultat? Pa 3:3
              Originally posted by La Jugoslavia
              Crvena zvezda je naša, iako je oteta, ona je naša, iako je okupirana. A da je oteta i okupirana, to stoji i to jeste, apsolutno se slažem.

Comment

• Hm cudno bas, mozda je zaradio neki udarac ili povredu, sumnjam da ga odmara dvije nedelje pred Liverpul, danas je trebao da pocne.
                sigpic

Comment

• Nije sigurno, bar sam tako procitao, nije bio u busu i zato takve price.

Ali secam se nije bio ni Miki protiv Spurse u busu pa igrao je.

Treba da igra veceras, da oseti malo lopte pred derbi, ovako za derbi posle 2 nedelje...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...n-utd-everton/
                    sigpic

Comment

• To je to.

Comment

• Slomi Pogba čoveka
                        Originally posted by Vladan
                        SAFa niko nije mogao ni jednom da prezivi, Runi je to uradio dva puta. Masivan. Monumentalan. Bivsi. Pozdrav legendo, donesi Evertonu nemoguci san.
                        :vinjaksmajli:

Comment

• Rashko ocajan danas, daj Marsijala

Comment

• Miki je čudo

Comment

• Cudo jedno kako ne umiju da daju gol kad imaju stopostotnu.

Teze ide sa sredinom u dvoje i bez Kerika, Miki je ubica, kakva igracina.

Martijal mora da udje, Rasko je ocajan.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Totalno promasena postava. Kako igraju Rasko i Runi, kakav amaterizam Jedan drugom smetaju, utrcavaju na iste lopte, imaju iste kretnje, jedan se povuce nerezonski, drugi ne isprati ostavljen prostor, kakva nula od saradnje Obojica naginju na levu stranu na kojoj su vec Miki i Pogba, prave guzvu jedni drugima. Pogba ni blizu 16, daleko od gola, ne sme da roamuje previse jer igramo sa 2 vezna. Mata mucenik sam odsecen na desnoj strani jer svi navaljuju na levu. Murinjo mora pod hitno da ih otrezni, i da da nove instrukcije. Smeh od igre, moramo sabiti u drugom da se ne bi ovo razvlacilo na dve utakmice. Ajmo momci!
                                Originally posted by Dekinjo
                                Šta mislite da su Livepulu poništili dva čista gola, a Sitiju nisu. Koliki bi bio rezultat? Pa 3:3
                                Originally posted by La Jugoslavia
                                Crvena zvezda je naša, iako je oteta, ona je naša, iako je okupirana. A da je oteta i okupirana, to stoji i to jeste, apsolutno se slažem.

Comment

Working...
                                X