• Hahahaha sto je ovo jbt?!

ANDRE GRAY!!!

Comment

• Barnli-Brajton
      1:1

1' 0:1 Bobi Zamora
      4' 1:1 Andre Grej

Comment

• Dule ipak je ovo kiks, bili su u dobrom naletu pa sam konto da će galebovi gadno stradati.

Comment

• Znas kako, imamo dosta iskusnih igraca ali malo ko od njih pravi razliku i zbog toga su nam rezultati kakvi jesu. Da nam nije Greja, bili bi sa QPR na 15 poziciju, realno. Opet se svodi na jednog igraca, kao i proslih godina i to nam stvara veliki problem. Treba nam dobar zimski prelazni rok da bi mogli pricati o ozbiljnim rezultatima. Odnosno treba nam jedan Ings il jedan Grej u napad il na sredini. Al takvi igraci kostaju, a imamo li te pare?! Bojim se da nemamo tako da sa ovim igracima ne mozemo da pricamo kako cemo da prekinemo seriju Brajtona, kako cemo napraviti seriju pobjeda il seriju dobrih igara. Kako je, tako je...

Comment

• Opaa Long debituje u prvoj postavi.
            Inače momak došao ljetos iz mlađih selekcija Evertona.

Comment

• Nakon 3 remija, došao poraz. Ovog puta Preston je bio koban za četu Šon Dajša.

Poraz koji dokazuje u kakvom je stanju tim odnosno igrači.

Burnley-Preston
              0:2

1 Brighton & Hove Albion 41
              2 Middlesbrough 39
              .................................................. ...
              3 Derby County 37
              4 Hull City 35
              5 Burnley 34
              6 Cardiff City 29
              .................................................. .

Naredni meč gostujemo ekipi QPR u subotu od 16 časova , koji je nakon loših igara promjenila trenera.

Comment

• First 25 minutes against Preston ‘best of season,’ says Burnley boss Dyche

SEAN Dyche felt his players did enough to warrant a win against Preston, and that Burnley should have been playing against 10 men.

Marnick Vermijl was booked for a foul on Ben Mee towards the end of the first half, but was let off after again impeding Mee in the 53rd minute.

Had the incident occurred without the right back already seeing yellow, then a card would surely have been brandished.

But there was a similar scenario involving Joey Barton after the break, and Preston boss Simon Grayson felt Premier League official Kevin Friend refereed the game fairly, after Barton also escaped a second booking.

“How on earth we haven’t had a second sending off in two weeks I have no idea. I’m scratching my head over that one. We have to go with what the ref is allegedly debating,” said Dyche, who was otherwise encouraged by what he considered a strong start to the derby clash.

“I thought we started unbelievably well, the best first 25 minutes we’ve had probably all season. We were totally dominant with the ball and we really had them on the back foot, we had so many really good chances,” the Burnley boss continued.

You can only deserve a game if the final outcome is a win, but we did enough for one.

The obvious sign is their keeper was man of the match, so that’s a sign you’ve been productive.

“We’ve got to punish teams when we created as many chances as we did today. On top of that, we conceded a really soft goal.

“The second was a good goal from their point of view; the first was poor from us – we gave it away far too cheaply,” Dyche continued.

If we keep creating that many chances, though, we will win plenty of matches, that’s for sure.

“We’ve been really productive, but we have to keep the back door shut and you have to get decisions go your way and we didn’t get that. But eventually it comes down to you and we just weren’t clinical.”

Alluding to the decision not to send off Vermijl, Dyche added: “I must make it clear that we had more than enough chances to take care of the business ourselves,but it would have been helpful if the right decision was given.”

LINK

Comment

• Tendayi Darikwa: We can channel frustration into an unbeaten response

Spoiler
                  TENDAYI Darikwa is urging his team-mates to use Saturday’s derby defeat to Preston as the inspiration for another unbeaten run.

So far this Burnley have followed their previous two Championship defeats with impressive runs of form.

After a 2-0 defeat at Ipswich the Clarets went on to win their next four league outings, while they bounced back from a Turf Moor reverse at Reading in late September by putting together a nine game unbeaten run which was brought to a halt by North End.

And now Darikwa wants to see a similar response, starting with Saturday’s testing trip to Loftus Road to take on Queens Park Rangers.

“We’d been on a good run but hopefully we can go on another one now starting with QPR which will be a tough game away.” said Darikwa, an ever-present for the Clarets this season.

“We have to write this one off because you can’t turn back time. It’s a defeat and we need to move on now.

“We need to dust ourselves down now and get ready for the weekend away at QPR.

“It’s obviously disappointing to lose the game; it’s disappointing to lose any football match particularly after the run that we’d been on and at home in front of our fans in a local derby.”

Darikwa backed his manager’s assessment that the Clarets opening salvo against Preston was their best of the season so far.

But the former Chesterfield full-back said a failure to take their chances had cost Burnley.

“I think for the first 15 or 20 minutes it’s one of the best we’ve played all season but unfortunately we couldn’t take our chances to punish Preston,” the 25-year-old said.

“They took their chances in the end.

“Both keepers were kicking the ball and as soon as it was in the air it was going over us. The conditions weren’t great but it was the same for them as what it was for us.”

For the second weekend in a row Burnley found themselves two goals down, and their powers of recovery at Turf Moor failed them after the previous weeks heroics at Cardiff City salvaged an unlikely point.

Darikwa, who is continuing to keep Matt Lowton out of the side, said the Clarets would be hitting the video room to asses their recent wobbles, but backed the character in the side to shine through.

“It’s disappointing not to score in any game,” he said. “I thought we had a few chances but at the same time if you’re not scoring you’ve got to try and keep a clean sheet. We didn’t do that which is disappointing but we have to move on from that.

“You can’t give teams leg ups, particularly in this league, so it’s disappointing that we’ve gone two goals down in our last two games. We’ll analyse the video and move on from there.

“I think last week proved that we’ve got character in our side. We keep going right until the end in every game we play and last weekend proved that.”

LINK

THREE TALKING POINTS: Burnley 0 Preston North End 2

Spoiler
                  AFTER last weekend’s come-from-behind draw at Cardiff the Clarets could point to maintaining their unbeaten run, and doing so in some style with two goals in the last five minutes in South Wales.

But Saturday’s derby day defeat to Preston shows how one result can change the perception of the efforts that come before. What before Saturday was a nine-game unbeaten is now four games without a win, Burnley’s longest winless Championship stretch since November 2013.

Having briefly climbed into the top two at the start of November, a run of three points from a possible 12 has seen the gap widen to five points.

The Clarets themselves have a five-point buffer on those chasing the play-off positions, but the next seven days are a crucial period for Sean Dyche’s side as they try and end what has become a mini rut.

On Saturday they travel to an in-form Queens Park Rangers, with a new manager in the dugout, before travelling north four days later to face Middlesbrough, who currently sit in second.

CLEAN SHEETS

BURNLEY’S promotion of two years ago was in part down to a frugal defence who laid a platform for Sam Vokes and Danny Ings to score the goals that secured a place in the top two.

After 19 games of the 2013/14 season the Clarets had already kept nine clean sheets and conceded just 13 goals.

We are now at the same stage of this campaign and there have been just five clean sheets, with 19 goals conceded.

The platform isn’t there as often as it was two years ago, and that is making it much tougher to secure results when Burnley are not at their best, which will happen in this division.

With Jason Shackell and Kieran Trippier departing in the summer the back four has had a minor reshuffle this term, but Tendayi Darikwa and Matt Lowton offer good competition at right-back, while Michael Keane and Michael Duff have played together before.

THE BURDEN ON GRAY

CHANCES came and went on Saturday and there has become something of a Turf Moor burden on Andre Gray.

The £6 million striker has had a fine start to his Clarets career, especially at home, but since the end of September only Gray and Matt Taylor have scored at Turf Moor for Burnley.

Gray has seven goals in that time and Taylor came off the bench to score in the final minute at Fulham.

The former Brentford striker was restricted to only one good chance on Saturday.

Others had opportunities, with Joey Barton frustrated at missing a good opportunity and Sam Vokes brilliantly denied by Jordan Pickford, but with Gray failing to find the back of the net at home it meant the Clarets failed to score, and with clean sheets harder to come by that is a concern.

LINK

Willie Irvine column: Missed opportunities so costly for Burnley

Spoiler
                  AS Lancashire derbies go the one between Burnley and Preston at Turf Moor on Saturday was a classic.

It was the Keane twins who were in the public eye for obvious reasons as they went head-to-head and they had a real battle.

It was Preston’s Will who took the honours when he left his twin brother Michael in his wake in the 63rd minute to open the scoring for Preston.

I felt that Preston North End’s goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who was man of the match, made some tremendous saves.

But with the chances we created we should have taken all three points. We created enough, especially in the first half, to win the game.

I’ve said before that if you don’t take your chances you don’t win anything, and this was what happened on Saturday.

Pickford stopped everything thrown at him although Joey Barton should have scored when a great cross came in from George Boyd and left poor Joey thumping the ground in frustration.

I thought the referee Kevin Friend had a bad game.

Preston should have been down to 10 men when Marnick Vermijl didn’t even attempt to play the ball when he impeded Ben Mee when the score was 0-0 early in the second half, and he had already been booked, but the referee just ignored it.

We’ve now not won in four games but on Saturday we created enough to take the points.

Let’s not take any credit away from Preston though. They stuck to their task and went home with the three points, thanks mainly to Pickford.

I should imagine there was a bit of fun in the Keane household on Saturday night, certainly for Will anyway. He earned the bragging rights over Michael.

I know from when I played against my brother Bobby, who was the goalkeeper at Stoke City, and I still remind him about the goals I scored past him. In fact I never let him forget.

In a local derby the result can go any way, but Preston did enough to win it when we weren’t taking our chances, I thought they played well.

There’s a couple of really big games coming up now. It’s QPR away on Saturday. They have a new manager and it’s a difficult place to go, especially as they have Charlie Austin in their side.

Then it’s Middlesbrough away on the Tuesday. They are one of the favourites for promotion for me, they’ve had some really good results so far.

We need to try and get something out of those two games. We can’t let this run go on and lose ground on the top two. We have to stay within touching distance of those automatic promotion spots.

LINK

Comment

• Sean Dyche: My Burnley side are well placed for promotion despite dip in form

SEAN Dyche insists Burnley remain on track for a Premier League promotion push this season as they go in search of ending a four-game winless streak at Queens Park Rangers tomorrow.

Defeat to Preston last weekend followed three successive draws for the Clarets and leaves them five points behind Middlesbrough in second and seven points off leaders Brighton.

Fifth placed Burnley face a tricky challenge at Loftus Road as Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink prepares to take his first game in charge of the Hoops.

But Clarets chief Dyche said he is happy with his side’s start, with the Clarets having tasted defeat just three times in the league.

“We’ve lost one game in 10 and three in 19,” Dyche stressed.

“They’re reference points of what has gone on in the past, we’re more interested in what goes on in the future.

“We’ve made a real solid start. We’re at game 19 and we’re in a good position. I think we’re under the radar but we’re going along well.

“The only frustration of last week was not taking chances.”

Burnley’s recent dip in form mirrors an almost identical run at this time of the season two years ago, a campaign which ended in promotion to the Premier League by Easter Monday.

On that occasion they went five games without a league win from November 2 to December 7, including four draws.

That was part of a run that saw them take just 21 points from 15 games between November and February, only the 13th best record in the division during those three months.

And the experience of that season, which ended in a return to the top flight, suggests Burnley are still well placed this term, despite last week’s derby disappointment.

“There’s absolutely no panic,” Dyche said.

“Our fans know a couple of years ago around a similar time we had a very similar run.”

Indeed Burnley head to Loftus Road having lost just eight of their last 65 games at this level.

They have also lost just one of their last 21 away games in the Championship, a record they will be desperate to protect over the next few days at QPR and then Middlesbrough on Tuesday night.

While Dyche is focused on the future that strong record at Championship level suggests the Clarets remain one of the most competitive teams in the division.

“It’s an historical marker, but you can’t rely on that,” said the Burnley boss. “It shows that me, my staff and the group know what it’s about.

“But the next game is the most important one. Whatever happens with that we move on to the next one.

“We’re very strong statistically but we have to work hard for the next game.”

LINK
                    Last edited by Dule Krtola; 11-12-15, 10:39.

Comment

• Burnley boss backs Andre Gray and Sam Vokes to form clinical partnership

SEAN Dyche has backed Andre Gray and Sam Vokes to continue improving as a partnership ahead of today’s trip to Queens Park Rangers.

The Clarets will come up against former Turf frontman Charlie Austin at Loftus Road but Dyche believes he has two of the best in the business despite Gray and Vokes suffering an off-day in front of goal in last week’s derby defeat to Preston.

Both were guilty of missing chances in the 2-0 defeat to North End, but Dyche was happy they got themselves in positions to find the back of the net in the first place.

The Clarets chief said he had been through the video from last week with his strikeforce and stressed to them how many goals they had already scored this season ahead of today’s trip to Queens Park Rangers.

“I remind them of the facts of how many goals they’ve scored because they’re right up there with the top goal-scorers,” he said.

“They have the freedom to get in there to score and if they miss they don’t hear a lot from me, it’s only if they’re not in there to try and take those chances.

“I’m happy with that because I know from time to time they will go in and we will win games.”

Gray has struck nine goals for Burnley since his £6million move from Brentford, although only one has come on the road, while Vokes has scored three so far this season, although he hasn’t found the back of the net since the 2-1 win at Rotherham at the start of October.

“We analyse it, debrief it, show them some clips but they’re still learning and Sam is re-learning, if you like, from coming back from a really long injury period. I think he’s doing really well with that,” said Dyche.

“Andre is naturally learning and has only been in the division for two seasons so he’s still learning about us, the division and he’s still learning about himself which is key.

“We analyse the games with them, particularly chances, runs, ways of operating as an individual and a pairing up front, try and help them make sense of it, all for the betterment of them and the team.”

The partnership between Vokes and Danny Ings was crucial to Burnley’s promotion from the Championship two years ago, when they scored 41 league goals between them.

Vokes and Gray are seeking to replicate that this term and Dyche has been pleased with how they have gone about it so far.

“The stats will show you that they’ve been doing well all season in creating and scoring goals,” he said.

“It’s the first time that I’ve noticed it where we’ve had that many chances and didn’t take them.”

LINK

Comment

• 16h
                        QPR:Burnley

Postave:
                        Last edited by Dule Krtola; 12-12-15, 14:18.

Comment

• Peta utakmica bez pobjede...

Gledalaca: 16,576 (Gostujućih: 1,590)

Naredna u utorak, protiv Middlesbrough, opet u gostima.

Comment

• Sean Dyche pleased with Burnley display in QPR draw

SEAN Dyche said he was ‘really pleased’ with Burnley’s performance in their 0-0 draw with Queens Park Rangers.

The Clarets had to settle for a point in a dour encounter at Loftus Road, but with the R’s playing their first game under new boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Dyche was happy with his side’s display.

“From my point of view, I thought it was a tough game,” said the Burnley boss.

“Forget about how it panned out, you've got a new manager, a team which usually get a reaction from a new manager, a team that have only lost once at home anyway, so the feel is in their favour immediately.

"So for us to come and deal with that and get on with our own game and finish so strong, I'm really pleased.”

Dyche said he had partly prepared his team by looking at the way Hasselbaink had set up his Burton Albion side that sat top of League One when he left them last week.

"We looked at what Jimmy had done at Burton, that doesn't mean it's going to be the same, but there are certain traits and things most managers take with them,” he said.

"We thought they'd try and press, which they did, particularly early on, we thought they probably wouldn't be able to keep that going for 95 minutes, and go from back to front quite quickly, which they did, so we were prepared for that.

"We absorbed it well, any efforts they had were from distance, and then we felt we'd get stronger, which we did.

"So, from our point of view, we're pleased how it ended up going, apart from we didn't find that winner.”

Dyche also felt his side had the better of the chances at Loftus Road, with Andre Gray denied when Rob Green smothered the ball in front of him, while he could also have had a penalty for a shirt pull.

"It's hard on the road, it's not an easy task, but we had the better quality of chances,” said Dych.

"Andre had his shirt pulled a few times - it would have been favourable if we'd got them, but you never know, Vokesey had two headers, I thought generally the feel of the last 20 minutes was strong from us.”

LINK

Comment

• Penalty call went against us, says Burnley boss Dyche

Spoiler
                              SEAN Dyche felt his side could have had a second half penalty in Saturday’s draw against Queens Park Rangers – although he refused to criticise referee Stuart Atwell.

Andre Gray turned Grant Hall inside the QPR penalty area as he let Ben Mee’s throw come across him, but as he tried to get away from Hall the R’s central defender clearly had a pull of the £6 million striker’s shirt.

But Gray refused to go down as he tried to close in on goal from an angle and the ball was eventually cleared behind for a corner.

Referee Atwell waved away Gray’s claims for a spot-kick, and while Dyche felt the call could have gone his side’s way, he added it was unlikely that a decision like that was going to be given.

“I don’t like to question referees and generally they were good,” he said of the Loftus Road officials.

“The fourth official was excellent in explaining things to us.

“They’re maybes. However small that motion is if it impedes you then it could be given.”

Gray refused to go down after the shirt pull as he tried to add to his tally of 11 Championship goals this season, nine of which have been in a Burnley shirt.

The Burnley boss said he had spoken to Gray after the game, who said his shirt was pulled.

“He’s an honest lad and he’s strong as an ox,” Dyche said.

“I’ve asked him about it and he said ‘he’s got my shirt’.”

Burnley were harshly done by in the defeat to Preston, when Marnick Vermijl should have been sent-off early in the second half.

It was a similar story at Cardiff the week before when Lee Peltier used his hands to divert George Boyd’s shot away from goal, only for the referee to wave away Burnley penalty claims.

LINK

TYRONE MARSHALL VERDICT: QPR 0 Burnley 0

Spoiler
                              ONE defeat in 11 or no win in five? Burnley’s recent form is all about perspective.

Was the derby day defeat to Preston an aberration or should it set alarm bells ringing?

That was a subject of much debate during the week leading up to this trip to Loftus Road and Burnley, for the most part, answered positively.

Going away from home to a team with a good record in front of their own fans, in form and buoyed by the arrival of a new manager, is about as tough as it gets.

This was almost textbook in how to negate that new manager bounce. Burnley weathered brief storms and, for the most part, defended superbly.

The defensive record this season hasn’t been as strong as it was two years ago, but in this performance there were encouraging signs.

It was a sixth clean sheet of the season and it was well earned.

Tom Heaton was rarely called into action, although he saved well with his legs from Matt Phillips.

That chance came about when Michael Keane allowed Phillips the time and space to face him up in the area, but it was a rare mistake. He was commanding aerially all game, as was Michael Duff.

Whenever the central defenders were caught out it was usually Tendayi Darikwa who was covering.

He has faced pressure for his place from Matt Lowton but in a team that is lacking pace his speed is a vital asset.

He used it well to cover defensively and was a regular outlet going forward.

But while this was an improvement defensively from last weekend, the Clarets struggled to string moves together going forward.

Sam Vokes and Danny Ings had an almost telepathic understanding in the promotion season of 2013/14, but it is not happening with Vokes and Andre Gray at the moment.

Vokes was dominant in the air in the first half, but when he won a flick-on there was nobody there to collect it. Gray was usually on the other side of the pitch and QPR could build again. Individually they both played well, but the link-up play was often missing, and that made it difficult for Burnley to look threatening going forward.

But a point from this game was always going to be a good outcome. A win may have been craved to put last week’s disappointment to bed, but this result can’t be framed in anything other than positive terms.

It means the Clarets have had four draws and a defeat from their last five games. It’s an identical sequence to one they had at this time of the campaign two years ago, and they recovered then. It’s also now just one defeat in 22 Championship away games dating back to that season. It’s a fine run.

That this team are resilient and resolute cannot be in doubt.

Sean Dyche said his side had expected a strong start from the hosts and they weren’t to be disappointed.

Joey Barton was applauded on his return to Loftus Road but the cheers turned to jeers after just three minutes when he only escaped a caution for pulling back Leroy Fer and halting an R’s counter-attack because of the time on the clock.

While the Hoops had plenty of possession early on, they struggled to breach Burnley’s defences.

James Perch saw a goalbound shot deflected wide, before Fer headed a corner straight at Heaton.

Barton was soon face down on familiar turf. He rushed out to block Sandro’s shot midway through the half and took the blow in the face, immediately collapsing to the ground, although he recovered quickly and was fine to carry on.

On the half hour Heaton made his best and only testing save of the afternoon when he used his legs to stop Phillips’ effort.

First-half efforts for the Clarets, backed by a superb away following of over 1,500, were few and far between.

Barton had sent in a 35-yard free-kick which Rob Green made to look far more dangerous than it was as he juggled the ball, while the former England goalkeeper had to be sharp to reach Grant Hall’s header back before Gray, who had struggled to beat the offside trap but remained a willing runner.

In the second half Vokes and Gray were mostly feeding on scraps.

Green smothered the ball from Gray, and then Scott Arfield, in the area, before the £6m striker had his shirt pulled in the box after turning his man.

Anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free-kick, but Gray refused to go down and ploughed on, eventually winning a corner.

Dyche refused to be critical of the officials after the game but it should have been a penalty.

Former Claret Charlie Austin arrived off the bench on the hour and six minutes later he probably regretted spurning a shooting opportunity from outside the area when Karl Henry’s tame shot from his pass was straight at Heaton.

In the final 20 minutes it was Burnley who looked most likely. Vokes’ headed over Barton’s cross and Gray fired over from the edge of the area.

But a fine afternoon’s work was almost ruined.

Only one minute of added time was played but QPR ramped up the pressure, and after a brave clearance from Keane from one corner the next saw Hall head goalwards only for Scott Arfield to head off the line.

It preserved a hard-earned point for Burnley.

LINK

Skipper Tom Heaton believes victories are just around the corner for Burnley

Spoiler
                              TOM Heaton believes victories are just around the corner for Burnley after praising the Clarets mentality in securing a point at Queens Park Rangers.

The Loftus Road stalemate made it four draws in five games for the Clarets, but captain Heaton believes one point will soon be turned into three as they lay the foundations to win matches.

Heaton secured a sixth clean sheet of the season in West London as Burnley defended well to shut out a QPR side buoyed by the arrival of new manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

“We want and need to win games but we won’t be far away with performances like that,” Heaton said. “We’re sticking to what we believe in, we’re not losing many games and I think the wins are around the corner.

“Away from home in the Championship teams are always going to get something and it materialised with two corners late on for them.

“It was a fantastic mentality that late in the game.

“It’s the sort of thing that gets you points on the board and gets you wins down the line.”

While the Clarets have taken just four points from their last five games, they have still only lost three times in 20 Championship matches this season.

Heaton played every game in the promotion campaign two years ago, when Burnley had an identical five game run at this stage of the season.

And he believes making sure the recent draws weren’t defeats could prove to be important as the season progresses.

“If you look back to the promotion season there was a lot of spells where we didn’t win a few games on the bounce,” said the Clarets skipper.

“It’s very difficult to avoid that in the Championship, there’s not many teams that ever do that.

The important thing is to keep the momentum going and keep getting points on the board and this is a good point away from home in tough circumstances.”

Burnley face another daunting away trip tomorrow as they travel to the Riverside to face a Middlesbrough side who sit second in the league.

But the Clarets have now lost just one of their last 22 away games in this division.

It is an impressive record, but one which Heaton believes is down to the way in which they approach games.

“We try not to differentiate between teams at the top and bottom and home or away for home,” he said.

“We try to go about it with the same principles and the same mentality.

“QPR found it difficult to beat us and we’re hard to beat. If we keep getting points away from home then we will keep moving forward.

“You need a great foundation and that defensive base. Being tough to play against. That stat shows it.

“We need to retain that and get a few more wins perhaps, but that’s not unduly worrying us. That foundation gives us a great chance to go and win any game.”

LINK
                              Last edited by Dule Krtola; 14-12-15, 12:35.

Comment

• Na prvoj stranici, možete viđeti kompletnu istoriju kluba, naravno koga interesuje.
                                Tekst sam danas stavio.
                                Last edited by Dule Krtola; 14-12-15, 16:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X