Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• istina je kao i uvek najprostija-zverev je u pravu,nema zareza,samo tacka...

i ako nekom nije vazno,njemu ocigledno jeste...
    Wizard

Comment

• ^
      Tako je, Deda ne zaslužuje ni top 20.
      “La vostra fama è come il fiore, che nasce e muore, e si secca allo stesso sole che gli ha dato vita dall'acerba terra"

Comment

• If points dropped like normal is if we dropped the points on their normal 52-week schedule. All players would lose all their points if the tournament was not held

The "lenient" drop is like the old 52-week formula: if players don't play a tournament that's been held, or do worse in it, their points drop. But if the tournament was not held in 2020, it uses the points from the 2019 tournament.

Player - Current Ranking - Current points - Points if dropped like normal - Ranking w/ normal drop - Points if dropped "leniently" - Ranking w/ "lenient" drop
        Djokovic 1 12008 5830 1 (=) 9803 1 (=)
        Medvedev 2 9940 5495 2 (=) 8458 2 (=)
        Nadal 3 9670 3300 5 (-2) 6100 3 (=)
        Thiem 4 8625 3570 4 (=) 5910 4 (=)
        Tsitsipas 5 6765 3200 6 (-1) 5145 5 (=)
        Federer 6 6375 45 ~470 (~ -470) 3905 8 (-2)
        Zverev 7 5635 3150 7 (=) 4785 6 (+1)
        Rublev 8 5011 3915 3 (+5) 4486 7 (+1)
        Schwartzman 9 3640 2210 8 (+1) 2750 9 (=)
        Berrettini 10 3453 1045 11 (-1) 2440 11 (-1)
        RBA 11 2910 1080 10 (+1) 2575 10 (+1)
        Shapovalov 12 2865 1125 9 (+3) 2170 12 (=)

Obviously Federer's ranking would fall like a brick with the normal point drop, seeing how he's played two matches in the last year. With the "lenient" point drop, Federer's ranking doesn't drop nearly as much, since the bulk of his points are from tournaments that got cancelled.

But otherwise not much changes, only some minor shifts around. Other notable difference is Rublev moving up to the Top 3 with normal point drop.

Comment

• Rafa odustao od Majamija

https://twitter.com/RafaelNadal/stat...601335298?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I Thiem odustao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
            with experience.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/LuisGatTWI/statu...983796740?s=20

Luigi Gatto
              @LuisGatTWI
              ·8h
              Dick Hordorff, Vice President of the German Tennis Federation, in December 2020: "Roger #Federer changed the ranking method to protect himself. It is irresponsible and quite simply incorrect. In my opinion, he takes advantage of his position on the Players' Council."

Comment

• Dick ima odgovarajuce ime

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.
                  But there's one thing he can't change... he can't change his passion.

Comment

• A dobro to je sad vec pretjerivanje. Rublev bi da bude no.4 bez SF na gs il mastersu. E jebiga brale....ali et kad ih vec pitaju. Dobra im je agenda, neofirna.
                    Last edited by DinoFC; 16-03-21, 21:44.

Comment

• Cicipasu je jasno šta Zverev hoće da kaže, ali...

"Razumem Zvereva i šta on misli. U isto vreme, postoji sistem poštenog rangiranja koji štiti igrače koji su postizali dobre rezultate, ali sa druge strane i nama ostavlja prostora da popravi poziciju na rang listi. Imali smo prilike za to u mesecima kada Federer nije igrao. Ja sam konačno uspeo da ga prestignem", rekao je Cicipas.
                      Cicipas i Medvedev su ga prestigli, dakle veoma je moguce, samo treba daleko stizati na velikim turnirima ili ih osvajati.

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Rublev je i u pravu meni se čini, pročitao sam na TW da bi bio u top 5 sa normalnim rangiranjem.
                        Originally posted by Casiraghi
                        Al bar nauci me drugoj da se dam da tebi nevernoj budem Emre Can
                        Ti nikad neces biti kao Joel Matip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj_G6ExBTE
                        Srecan Mane svima koji slave.

Comment

• Originally posted by miloolja View Post

odlicni su ti jolitini tvitovi. ti si postavila samo 1. od 10. povezanih. treba kliknuti na njega i procitatih ih sve!

vezano za rubljeva jolita laze:
                          Rublev would have been Top 10 in June, Top 5 in November and #3 now. Ruby was hurt by the new rules.
                          Last edited by talicni; 16-03-21, 22:11.

Comment

• Some consequences of the COVID ranking rules
                            /thread

Given the nonsense being said these days about the rankings, I´d like to state some facts, not guessing "so&so was helped by the pandemic", but rather based on actual calculations.

Since the new rules were put in place and the rankings were frozen, I started posting, every Monday, the top 10 players, as they would be if rankings were calculated with the usual rules, based on performance over the previous 52 weeks.

I called them #RealRankings because I felt they captured the spirit of the rankings introduced in the 70s.

What I'm going to do now is to see how different players were affected by these new rules. Whether they were hurt or helped. Every statement I'm about to make can be verified by checking my weekly #RealRankings. These are just observations.

* Djokovic was ranked #1 every single week, so, as a result of the new rules, he lost 22 weeks as #1. Novak was hurt by the new rules. X

* Medvedev would have been #2 on August 10. Daniil was hurt by the new rules. X

* Thiem would have been #2 from September to Januay. He would have ended the year as #2. Domi was hurt by the new rules. X

* Rublev would have been Top 10 in June, Top 5 in November and #3 now. Ruby was hurt by the new rules. X

* Shapovalov would have been ranked a career high #7 on September 21, and #8 for a few weeks. X

* Raonic and Carreño Busta would have been top-10 since last October, they've lost over 20 weeks in the top 10. Milos and Pablo were hurt by the new rules. X

* Berrettini would have dropped out of the top 10 in September. He's gained over 25 weeks in the top 10. Matteo was helped by the rules.

* Nadal would have lost the #2 in August, would have gone down to #7 in September and would be ranked #5 now. Rafa was helped by the new rules.

* Federer would have dropped to #17 in October,would have ended the season outside the top 20. He would have dropped out of the rankings entirely by the end of the Australian Open, with 0 points and would now be out of the top 200 with 45 points. He was helped by the new rules more than anybody else (ATP). Stort vitt korsmärkeStort vitt korsmärke

I hope this is enough to illustrate how the rules did not treat all players the same.

They pretended it was about the lower-ranked players, but that lie was debunked when they changed the rules at the last minute to keep the points for the 2019 ATP Finals for another year.

They've now changed the rules,yet again,also at the last minute, to allow players to keep some points for 3 years,if it suits them.

I'll continue to do #RealRankings to have proof of which players will benefit from this change.

Even when we can all guess,proof is good. ;)

Comment

• I dalje ne mogu da verujem koliko daleko idete, po vama ispada da je Federer srecan jer se desila pandemija i eto zadrzao je ranking
                              A i ova Yolita, kad Djokovic bude izgubio no.1 po tom njenom real rankingu, bas me zanima kako ce da prokomentarise, naci ce neki izgovor kao sto je nasla i kad su uveli ovo 50% bodovanje jer to Djokovicu odgovara.

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• neznam sta da ti kazem

zapravo znam-dzokara bi davno oresisao taj rekord i jahao bi na 350 nedelji

ali ne idemo mi daleko,to su izjave igraca-ono ne igras bukvalno vise od godine a tamo si negde 7. ili 8.
                                Wizard

Comment

Working...
                                X