X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ne znam da li ovo Rublev zna nesto vise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
    with experience.

Comment

• Ipak Rubljov zna sta prica

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Ako ga Medo prestigne na race listi (poslednje 52 nedelje) tamo, drustvene mreze ce totalno da eksplodiraju.

Comment

• Race lista nisu poslednje 52 nedelje, nego poeni od 1.1 pa do ovog trenutka i tu Djokovic bezi Medvedevu nekih 200 poena.
          A na onoj listi od 52 nedelje (bez zamrzavanja, 50% poena i ostalih pravila), tu je razlika oko 350 poena, sto bi znacilo da Medvedevu treba SF da bi ga prestigao.

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojanaBG View Post
            Race lista nisu poslednje 52 nedelje, nego poeni od 1.1 pa do ovog trenutka...
            Pa, majku mu Bozju, odbijam da vjerujem da si glupa, pa da ne kapiras zasto sam morao u zagradi da stavim pojasnjenje. Idemo dalje...

Comment

• Nisam glupa (bas ti hvala btw.), nego ti samo kazem sta je sta da bi se ubuduce pravilno izrazavao

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• rafa o noletu u svojoj autobiografiji iz 2011.

These are excerpts taken from Rafa's book, "Rafa: My Story", that was released back in 2011.

2006 - French Open

A year younger than me, Djokovic was a hell of a player, temperamental but hugely talented. Toni and I had been talking about him and I’d been watching him in my rearview mirror, looming closer, for a while now. He’d been racing up the rankings, and I had a strong feeling that he would be neck and neck with me before too long, that it would not just be me, but me and him, against Federer. Djokovic had a strong serve and was fast and wiry and strong—often dazzling—on both forehand and backhand. Above all, I could see he had big ambitions and a winner’s temperament. More a hard court than a clay court player, he was competitive enough to make it difficult for me in the Roland Garros quarters. I won the first two sets 6–4, 6–4, and was preparing for a long afternoon’s work when unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, he had to pull out with an injury.

2008 - Monte Carlo
                [...] Another passenger on the flight asked me whether there were any serious rivals for me out there, beyond Federer. I didn’t hesitate to reply. “Novak Djokovic,” I said. “He’ll be challenging us hard in a couple of years’ time.”

Already he had been giving me trouble. While I had beaten him in Indian Wells in 2007, to win my first tournament on U.S. soil, I lost to him in the following tournament, the Miami Masters. I won playing him in the French Open semis and in the Wimbledon semis that year too, then lost to him in the Canadian Masters, which he won. When we faced off again a year later, in 2008, I lost to him at Indian Wells, before going on to beat him in Hamburg and in the French Open. But he’d already won a Grand Slam in January that year, the Australian Open, at the age of twenty.

Everybody still had their eyes on Federer and me, but we both knew Djokovic was the up-and-coming star and that our dual dominance was going to be more at risk from him than from any other player. Disconcertingly, he was also younger than me. This was something new. I had been accustomed all my life until this point, in tennis and also in the junior football leagues of Mallorca, to being the young kid who had the audacity to take on and beat his elders. This younger guy was now beating me, and even when I won, he was giving me very tough games. Federer would presumably retire before I did, assuming injury didn’t do me in. Djokovic would be dogging me right to the end of my career, trying everything to jump ahead of me in the rankings. On clay I had an edge over him, as I did over Federer and everybody else. But on hard courts I struggled against him, as I did against many others.

2010 - US Open
                A strong and fit Djokovic was a formidable opponent. Our match didn’t have quite the same aura as another Federer-Nadal battle, at least as far as the crowds were concerned, but for me the challenge was quite daunting enough. He is a very complete player—more complete, Toni says, than I am—without any obvious weak points, and on hard surfaces, such as the ones at Flushing Meadow, he’d beaten me more times than I had beaten him. His greatest strengths are his excellent sense of positioning on the court and his ability to hit the ball early, on the rise. He is as good on the backhand as on the forehand, and his vision of the ball is so sharp that he plays with time to spare, more often than not inside the court, narrowing the angles for his opponents, making the game a lot easier for himself.

With Federer, the rule is always to keep patiently plugging away, knowing you’ll force him sooner or later to make mistakes. With Djokovic, there is no clear tactical plan. It is simply a question of playing at your very best, with maximum intensity and aggression, seeking to retain control of the point, because the moment you let him get the upper hand, he is unstoppable. My impressions were confirmed as I watched his semifinal against Federer on TV, which Djokovic won after saving two match points. I thought, not for the first time, “What an incredibly tough and talented guy!” I also thought how hard it was going to be to beat him. [...] If you hit it low or medium height to Djokovic, especially when his line of vision is as sharp as it was now, he strikes the ball perfectly. But if he receives the ball at shoulder height, you make him uncomfortable, you make him guess, put him off his stride.

Djokovic is a fantastic player, but in a Grand Slam final, decided over the best of five sets, nerves and stamina count as much as talent. Any doubts I might have had before the match began had been dispelled by my performance in the first two sets. As for the stress of a US Open final, I’d won eight Grand Slams to his one, and that gave me the confidence of knowing that I could take it on at least as well as he. Another thing going for me was that his track record showed that he flagged physically in longer matches. He had never beaten me in a best-of-five match. [...] In our past encounters Djokovic had shown a tendency to grow frustrated as the game progressed when he saw he had to push himself to the limit on every point. He also tended to tire more quickly than I do.

[...]

An unspoken rule of tennis is that if you are tired you try not to show it. He’d given up trying. His body language reflected resignation, as if he had run out of answers to my challenges. Now was the moment to go for the double break and clinch the match. My instinct again was to play it safe, but my judgment told me the time was ripe for aggression. I didn’t want to let up the pressure on Djokovic for one second. I knew how mercurial he was, and the one thing I had to avoid at all costs was giving him a window of opportunity to recover his self-belief and rediscover his best form.

Novak Djokovic—or “Nole,” as I call him, as do his fans, friends, and family—is all of these things already. Extraordinarily gracious at a moment so bitter for him, he didn’t wait for me at the net but came over to my side of the court and embraced me, congratulated me on what I had done. [...] In the presentation ceremony Nole was the first to speak, and once again, he behaved with great class, showering praise on me and thanking absent friends. He showed himself to be the most dignified of losers and a credit to our sport.

Comment

• Kada je odlučeno da se muški olimpijski turnir igra u Bo3 formatu?

Comment

• I samo domaci navijaci mogu da prisustvuju, jel tako? Nema Nole losu podrsku tamo, bice uzbudljivo...

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• S tim da je Museti 94-ti, a Siner 31-vi.
                        “La vostra fama è come il fiore, che nasce e muore, e si secca allo stesso sole che gli ha dato vita dall'acerba terra"

Comment

• Jeste, Siner je bolji trenutno, ali videcemo sta ce biti, jer je razlika izmedju njih dvojice samo pola godine.
                          Meni se licno vise svidja kako Museti igra, vise mi se svidja njegov stil, posebno onaj jednorucni bh poprilicno podseca na Gaskeov, ali nadam se da je to jedina slicnost, tj. da ce imati mnogo bolju karijeru od Gaskea

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• I Kecmanović je bolji, 46-ti.
                            “La vostra fama è come il fiore, che nasce e muore, e si secca allo stesso sole che gli ha dato vita dall'acerba terra"

Comment

• Kecmanovic stariji od njega vise od 2 godine, ne znam kako mozes da ih poredis

Jedini koji trenutno obecavaju, a koji su mladji su Alcaraz koji je oko 130. i onaj Danac Rune koji je oko 320. mesta, a njih dvojica nemaju jos ni 18 godina.

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Mogu, jer je Kecmanović u septembru 2020-te bio 39-ti.

Comment

Working...
                                X