No announcement yet.

AC Milan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The takeover of Milan by a Chinese group is expected to finally be completed today.

Silvio Berlusconi has been trying to sell the club for some time, but the takeover by Yonghong Li’s consortium has been repeatedly delayed.

However, after investment from a US hedge fund it appears the takeover will now happen, and that today will be the historic day.

Corriere della Sera reports that the remaining €370m will be paid today, with the handover to take place at a law firm in central Milan.

This evening, Berlusconi will host a dinner at Arcore with his daughter, Barbara, and current CEO Adriano Galliani, who will be joined by Han Li, Yonghong Li and incoming CEO Marco Fassone.

The current board of directors have already tendered their resignations, and that will be officially ratified at the shareholders’ meeting tomorrow.

It's only after this final step that the takeover can be officially announced, but the ratification is a formality as Berlusconi's Fininvest own 99.93 per cent of shares.

Fassone and Han Li have now arrived at the law firm for the final closing.

Comment

• Hvala na svemu!

AC Milan have won 29 trophies in the Berlusconi era, including 5 European Cups/Champions League.

The takeover of Milan has officially been completed, with Silvio Berlusconi selling the club after 31 years.

A consortium led by Chinese businessman Yonghong Li has been attempting to buy the Rossoneri for some time, but the deal was hit by a series of delays.

However, after Sino-Europe Sports became Rossoneri Sport Luxembourg and received investment from an American hedge fund, a meeting was held this morning to ratify the sale.

“Fininvest had today finalised the sale to Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux of the entire stake, amounting to 99.93 per cent, in AC Milan”, an official statement confirms.

"Today's finalisation gives full effect to the takeover agreement signed by the managing director of Fininvest, Danilo Pellegrino, and David Han Li, the representative of Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux on August 15, 2016 and renewed on March 24 of this year.

"The details of the agreement are those announced and provide an overall valuation of AC Milan at €740m, consisting of a debt burden evauated on June 30, 2016, as per the agreements between the parties, of around €220m.

"That amound has been collected by Fininvest, along with €90m as reimbursment of capital contributions made by Fininvest in favour of Milan from July 1, 2016 to today.

"The buyers have confirmed their commitment to make important recapitalisation investments to the balance sheet and the financial strengthening of AC Milan.

"Tomorrow, Friday April 14, the general shareholders' meeting of AC Milan shareholders will, among other things, vote on the appointment of the new corporate bodies of the company.

"Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux was advised by Rothschild & Co for the financial aspects, and by Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & Partners as well as Gattai, Minoli, Agostinelli & Partners for the legal aspects.

"Fininvest was advised by Lazard and Studio Chiomenti for the financial and legal aspects respectively."
      Last edited by Rossonero; 13-04-17, 13:51.

Comment

Yonghong Li: "Step by step, we Milan will return on the top of the world."
        Yonghong Li: "I thank Berlusconi & Fininvest for their confidence & the fans for their patience.Starting from now we will build the future.

Comment

• Five priorities for the new Milan owners

Renew Gianluigi Donnarumma’s contract

Most Milanisti would agree that the absolute priority in the coming weeks is to tie Gigio Donnarumma to a new contract.

The goalkeeper’s agent, Mino Raiola, refused to commit the 18-year-old to a new contract while the ownership situation was uncertain, so talks should get underway as soon as possible.

If Donnarumma can agree a long-term contract, Milan won’t have to worry about the goalkeeping position for the foreseeable future.
          Clarify Vincenzo Montella’s position

Despite a serious lack of investment in the last two transfer windows, Montella has Milan competing for a Europa League spot.

The Coach has been widely praised for his work with the side, in particular his development of young players.

However, there have been rumours that the new owners are considering a change on the bench, with Roberto Mancini among the names linked.

The new owners must clarify Montella’s position.
          Invest in the squad

From Berlusconi’s big-spending days of the 90s, Milan have been forced to shop in the bargain basement in recent seasons.

Pescara striker Gianluca Lapadula was the big signing of the summer, while loaning Gerard Deulofeu from Everton was the big coup of the winter mercato.

With the Chinese promising to invest, the Rossoneri must add established players to their promising youngsters.
          Sort out the stadium

Milan had been planning to construct a new arena in the Portello area of the city, but Berlusconi ultimately decided to remain at San Siro.

That drew irritation from Inter, who had been planning to take over ownership of the iconic stadium and renovate it.
          Transparency

The takeover of the Diavolo was delayed on several occasions, while there was confusion over who exactly was behind the bid.

If the new ownership are to keep the fans onside, transparency should be the order of the day.

Comment

• Grazie Presidente!

“Today, after more than 30 years, I leave the position as President of AC Milan,” Berlusconi began.

“I do so with pain and emotion, but with the knowledge that in the modern game, to compete at the highest European and world levels takes investment and resources a single family can no longer support.

“I will never forget the emotions that Milan have managed to give to all of us. I’ll never forget all the people who are to thank for my being able to preside over this club which has won so much.

“First of all, of course, are the great Coaches and great champions who made possible these feats which will remain forever in the history of football.

“Naming them one-by-one would be impossible, so a big collective hug to all of them.

“The same hug goes to all of those who, in directorial roles, technical, administrative and medial roles have made Milan not just a team, but a model club in world football.

“Among these people, the first to be mentioned is Adriano Galliani, who was the indefatigable builder and engine of our Milan.

“Above all though, my thanks from the bottom of my heart go out to our fans.

“To the millions of fans who filled stadiums around the world to shout ‘Forza Milan’, for the many others who still, despite being physically far away, have been close to us in sympathy and enthusiasm.

“Without them our winning Milan wouldn’t exist and never would have existed. With them, we won everything we could win.

“In my eyes and my heart are the thousands of expressions of affection from our supporters, which have been extraordinary and moving.

“I want to say that, if I’m to leave all operating and representative roles, I will remain first and foremost a Milan fan, the team my father taught me to love as a child, the dream we achieved together.

“To the new leaders I address the most cordial good wishes, and I hope they can achieve objectives even more extraordinary than we did.

“To those who remain; from the players, the Coach, and the employees of the club to all of our fans, I express the most affectionate wishes for great success, and I hope every one of them can achieve and every one of the dreams they hold in sport and in life.

“Once again, thank you to everyone, Silvio Berlusconi.”

Comment

• Pocinje nova era.

Comment

• Comment

• Sky report that Milan have an agreement in principle with Villarreal to sign Mateo Musacchio for €15m+bonuses.

Comment

• Nadam se da ces se vratiti jos jaci.

Comment

• Pozvani za Empoli:

Donnarumma, Plizzari, Storari.

Calabria, De Sciglio, Gomez, Paletta, Romagnoli, Vangioni, Zapata.

Fernandez, Honda, Kucka, Montolivo, Locatelli, Pasalic, Poli, Sosa.

Bacca, Cutrone, Deulofeu, Lapadula, Ocampos, Suso.

Comment

• Comment

• Jos malo pa ce da se zavrsi ova patnja i sramocenje.

Milan-Empoli 1-2

Comment

• Kapitenu objasni kako si nesposoban da ne znas da nabacis?

Kako te prolaze igraci Empolija kao da te nema (ejj igraci Empolija)?

Zasto se setas po terenu kao manekenka po pisti?

De Sciglio's family's car was stopped outside San Siro (after De Sciglio was booed heavily) and a heated discussion begun. [MilanNews.it]

Montella: "We have to improve our conversion rate. We had to make better use of the chances we created."
                            Montella: "Suso's penalty? I expected him to score. He did it the same way in Doha and it went in."
                            Montella: "We should not be misled by this bad defeat, which do not think it will weigh at the end of the season."
                            Montella: "Milan is playing a season in line with expectations. The race for Europe will be decided on last day."
                            Montella: "I'm disappointed for the result but the guys have tried to get back into the game till the end."
                            Montella: "The team did what they're supposed to do but there are games like that."
                            Montella: "We do not have to relate everything to the result, in the last 15 minutes we created a lot but we couldn't conclude our chances."

Comment

Milan defender Mattia De Sciglio was reportedly insulted and harassed by angry fans after the 2-1 home defeat to Empoli.

The full-back was in the headlines this morning after reports he has decided not to sign a new contract and will instead move to join Max Allegri at Juventus.

He was jeered off the pitch when substituted today at San Siro, perhaps also due to those rumours.

According to Mediaset Premium and the Ansa news agency, the problems did not end there.

De Sciglio was trying to leave the San Siro car park when his vehicle was surrounded by angry fans.

When they refused to step aside, it’s reported De Sciglio exchanged insults with the ultras.

The row lasted for only a minute before they let his car leave.

Comment

• Raiola will meet Milan leadership in the weekend/at the beginning of next week to discuss Donnarumma's renewal [Sky].
                                Lazio president Claudio Lotito is asking for at least €20m to sell Keita. Napoli and Juve also interested but Milan are in pole position.
                                Milan have an agreement with Keita Balde. Lazio offered him a renewal but Milan are offering a higher salary (€2.2m/year) [Il Messaggero]

Comment

Working...
                                X