X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

Saturday, 28 June 2008

Rafael Nadal def. Nicolas Kiefer 7-6 (7-3), 6-2, 6-3

Q. First of two wins for Spain against Germany this weekend, you hope.
    RAFAEL NADAL: Well, tomorrow is another history, no? Happy for my win, but tomorrow is very important.

Q. You've said on the television you have the other Spanish players coming to your house tomorrow.
    RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe.

Q. When you play a singles match, what do you enjoy most about having just one other person out there on the field of play with you? What do you like most about this aspect of the competition?
    RAFAEL NADAL: I like the competition in all aspects, no? I like to compete in everything. The tennis is a big competition because you play alone against another one, so is nice competition. And I love the competition in all aspects.

Q. How much do you enjoy the mental side of going against just one other person and you're the only two people out there?
    RAFAEL NADAL: The true, I never thought before something like this. I didn't thought, no? I don't know. Try my best every point and try to be focused during all the match.

Q. Were you struggling to see the ball near the end? How were you finding it?
    RAFAEL NADAL: A little bit nervous, because for me was important finish the match. I had an unbelievable mistake with the volley, the forehand volley in the 5 1, and later he has a very good serve game. And, well, lucky for me later I played a good game.

Q. Was it hard to see?
    RAFAEL NADAL: Little bit.

Q. Your thoughts on the match tomorrow? Are you confident?
    RAFAEL NADAL: About?

Q. The football tomorrow, are you confident?
    RAFAEL NADAL: If we are not confident right now with this team we never gonna be confident, no? For sure we are with the foots here, but gonna be tough.

Q. You could have helped them with your win tonight.
    RAFAEL NADAL: I don't think I gonna help nothing, but for sure tomorrow I gonna be supporting the Spanish team hundred percent, no?

Q. What do you think about Andy Murray's progress so far? Is he looking fitter and stronger to you?
    RAFAEL NADAL: No.

Q. No different to previous years?
    RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I don't think, no. I think Andy is a very good player. What do you think? Right now he's more in better performance than one month ago?

Q. Looks he can go the distance now.
    RAFAEL NADAL: Right now he's better form than two weeks ago? That's your opinion?

Q. Possibly.
    RAFAEL NADAL: I am not agree. I am not agree. I think Andy is very good player. He can win in every tournament because he has very good talent for do anything. But I think here he's doing very well because he's in a very positive attitude. I saw him today play before my match, and he's all the time supporting himself. Well, all the time in positive attitude, so for that reason he's doing well, not because he's more good performance physically or something like this. I am not agree with that.

Q. If you met him in the quarterfinal, would you be prepared to be the villain of Centre Court?
    RAFAEL NADAL: Right now I am focused on fourth round. You can ask me after fourth round if I win.

Q. Your routine before each point where you take a long time bouncing the ball, how important is that to you to take so much time and to set yourself?
    RAFAEL NADAL: Depends of the moment. When I bounce the ball more times because I am not clear the option to do: serving to the T, serving outside, serving to the body, thinking a lot of times. So when I decide, I serve.

Q. When you think back to your matches over the years with Roger Federer, you think about your differences in styles, how different is it, and what is so different between the two of you? You and Roger Federer, what are the biggest differences between the two of you?
    RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I think he's more elegant player. I think he has more options to do on court. He can do everything: serve and volley; he can serve better than me; the forehand he can play, well, more aggressive than me. Probably the defensive shot I have little bit better than him. But I think in the global, I think he's more complete than me in all aspects, no?

Q. And what's similar, the same, or close to the same?
    RAFAEL NADAL: I think we are very focused all the time, no? Because, well, he's doing better results than me in the last years. But both, we are doing very good results, no, winning or being in the final rounds in a lot of tournaments during the season, so that's very difficult. And both, I think we have a good mentality, no?

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...688172046.html

Comment

Sunday, June 29, 2008

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...os-espana.html

Comment

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Questions for Rafa

Are you interested in Japan?What is your favorite Japanese food? Maho

RN: Yes, I love Japanese food. One of my favorite Japanese restaurants is in Melbourne. I love the Tepanyaki and when I see a Sushi place I also stop and eat. This year when I arrived at St. Pancrass coming from Paris a Saw a Sushi place and stopped there to grab some. I really enjoy the food, very healthy.

Are you ever going to ask Roger Federer to join in one of your Playstation sessions or do you think he's too frightened of your legendary forfeits? Kathy from Aberdeen

Hahaaha, I don't know if he plays. But I am sure he wouldn't be scared at all!

What is the craziest question you have received so far? Courtney

This one because I don't know what to say.

Do you (and the other players) wear brand new shoes for each match?.If I wore new shoes for the sort of game you have to play, I'm sure I'd get blisters. So is it new shoes or just amazing cleaning techniques?! Jackie (Wimbledon)

No I don't. I do wear new ones at each tournament and depending on the tournament I can wear up to 4/5 pairs. We also use them for practice so when you get to play they are well. In any case they are specially made for my foot so they are always good and comfortable. The feet doesn't need to get use to the new shoe.

Do you think there are any changes you need to make to your game to maybe reach the final or win on the hard-courts at the US Open? Adam in Nottingham

You always have to learn and improve things. Not only me, it is all of us. I am sure that I will adjust and change things until I can hagve a real chance to win it.

Hi Rafa - Do you spend much time focusing on Federers games or do you only worry about your own results? Brett

I do watch other players play but the main thing is to focus on my own game.

Thanks for your pasta recipe! Do you use fresh or frozen prawns? Do you eat it every day? Frances and Brenda

I use fresh if I can but if I don't find them (here I got some fresh ones from James Major- the Times Online sport editor). And I don't eat it every day but most of the days... My team is starting to go nuts.

Djokovic does a lot of impressions during tournaments, despite saying he wasn't going to do any for a while. Would you not do some of your own to get even with him? Eryn, Liverpool.

No, not the way I am.

It would be interesting for me to know which 3 adjectives describe yourself the best. Thanks, Linda

I leave that for others. But one thing is for sure, I try to be always polite and nice with the people.

Where are you going to put the Marilyn Rock painting that you bought by Daniele Donde? He's an amazing artist! Aybk44

Looks like you know them well, huhh. Well I will put it back at home. Where else?

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...ons-for-4.html

Comment

Kasno sinoc sam saznala za Rafinu pobedu i rezultat, nisam bila u prilici gledati mec, tako da cu samo reci VAMOS RAFA VAMOS!!!!!!
          Trazite ljude koje biste voleli, to je tajna i uspeh citavog zivota...

Comment

Capsi iz intervjua posle meca sa Kieferom

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...688172046.html

Gracias Calli i Crys za slike, blog Q&A itd...

Comment

Spanija je pobedila!!!!!!!!

Mogu misliti kakvo je slavlje sada u Londonu.

EDIT: Rafina reakcija u intervjuu za radio.

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/au...rcsrdep_5/Aes/

Comment

http://www.elmundo.es/eurocopa/2008/...columna_nadal/

And the best is yet to come

Hi all, WHAT A DAY!!! WHAT HAPPINESS!!! And the best is yet to come. We're sure to beat the Germans. They're difficult, they knocked out Portugal and they always win but I think we're better than them and we're going to demonstrate that on Sunday. You cannot imagine how extremely happy it makes me to see this. Today at the house I've rented, there were my team and Feliciano's team and his girlfriend and her cousin. We jumped up and down and shouted the goals as never before. Spain was amazing and I don't get tired of saying it. What a spectacle!!! What a high!!!

If you want, I'll tell you about today's match but I think what we're all really glued to is the national football side. I said yesterday that Gulbis would be a difficult opponent and that he was. He's maybe the most complicated I could have had in the second round because his serve and his forehand are unbelievable.

I was also told today that the members of the Spanish Olympic team had been announced. It's another competition that I'm quite honestly really looking forward to. I always like very much playing for Spain and taking part in the Olympic Games is special. I commented before that I was really excited about staying in the Olympic village so, despite already knowing I would most likely be going, I'm really motivated by it being made official.

Well I'll leave you now as I have to write the football column for Marca and this digital newspaper.

Best wishes to everyone. We're going to win on Sunday!!!

Rafa

YAHOO

Comment

• Comment

Calli hvala na slici, sjajna je

E sad Rafa, lepo se naspavaj i sutra bez greske

Vamos Rafael !!!

Comment

VAMOS ESPANA!!! VAMOS RAFA!!! VAMOS!!!

Comment

Angelnfs4 VAMOS RAFA VAMOS

Comment

Bravo Espana ..Igrali su kao Barca u svom najboljem dobu..Plesali na terenu ..Vamos ..Hvala svima na pics!!

Comment

Monday, June 30, 2008
                            One of the best days of my life! I went to practice at 1 pm with Tipsarevic, had some press to do and then got back home to "concentrate" on the match. What did I do? Played darts in the little backyard we have with my team and Albert Molina from IMG, played some play station,... You know, just things to make the time go fast.

We ate really late today. I think it was around 4.30 pm. We don't even eat that late in Spain, but you know, the after practice, coming to the house, shower, etc... late. Too late.

Then it was the moment of the match. But anyway, back to tennis, tomorrow I have a very difficult match against a very difficult player. I know it won't be easy, but I will have more support than in the past days since my mother and my sister are coming tomorrow morning. My sister has finished her exams and so they are coming to see me play and support me. I always enjoy their presence.

Saludos a todos !

Rafa

Comment

Monday, June 30, 2008
                              Questions for Rafa

Rafael Nadal is writing a blog for Times Online during Wimbledon fortnight and he has also agreed to answer your questions. Email them to sport@timesonline.co.uk and we'll do the rest. The latest batch appears below:

I went to Wimbledon last year and to the Roland Garros the year before and I had the feeling that you are more supported and appreciated by the people in London than in Paris. Considering how hard Wimbledon is for you, I think this is a plus to help you winning the tournament, hopefully this year. Do you agree?
                              Cristina Diaz

Rafa: Many thanks. I feel support at both places and I love being here. You might be right that here the crowds tend to support me a lot. I am very grateful for that.

When was the last time you went to the cinema? And what movie did you see?
                              Lara Ferreira, Brazil

Rafa: I went in Manacor but I can't remember the movie. I watch a lot of DVD's

There are so many good Spanish men tennis players. Where are the top Spanish women?
                              Debra Gardner

Rafa:
                              Women's tennis in Spain had two great champions and it is difficult to be there. But there are some great ones coming up.

I saw once that a girl ask you to sign her bra, do you always get this kind of autograph request? Samantha Alievi, Brasil.

Rafa:
                              No, not really.

Who do you think is the funniest person on tour?
                              Virginia Huynh

Rafa: Juan Monaco. Very funny and a very good friend of mine.

Have you been tempted to cash in on the 'Rafa Nadal' name and start your own brand, like David Beckham?
                              Sam, Cornwall

Rafa:
                              My name is Rafa Nadal so that's clear. But my thing is to play tennis.

Hola Rafa, My mother (age 85) and I (age:not telling) are both slightly enamorada. How do you explain your appeal to the ladies?
                              Rosie

Rafa: Hahahhahah. Don't ask me. I wouldn't know what to say.

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island alone, and were allowed to have 3 items what would they be and why?
                              SB

Rafa: I just hops it is not the LOST island...

How do you maintain such a consistent level of intensity?
                              Clare, Oxfordshire

Rafa: It is all a matter of concentration during the whole time. I learned that from my uncle and worked on it always.

When do you decide it is time to change racket?
                              Ashvini

Rafa:
                              I will change before the US Open. But if you mean during the match it depends on how I feel the string. Before it brakes.

Vamos Rafael !!!

Comment

• Ako mu je za utehu, bar je pogodio razliku u golovima

Vamos Rafa

Comment

Working...
                                X