No announcement yet.

ATP - Rafael Nadal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• """Another year, another injury. It's hard to be a Rafa fan when he's injured because just as he's doing well, he gets injured again. However, i know he'll come back stronger. He's smarter now. He knows his body better. I hope he takes off the next few tournaments all the way to Monte Carlo. He doesn't need the stress on his knees with hard court tournaments. He really needs to tailor his schedule for the rest of the season. All the best Rafa"""

Možda jeste ovaj dečko u pravu. Treba poštediti tjelo za sezonu šljake.

Comment

• Na RG cemo morat da ukljucimo u ritual neke vudu lutkice,izgleda da ovo nije dovoljno.

Comment

• At least today, Rafa had a bit of luck, because the right leg injury isn't serious for our champ. He'll begin the anti-inflammation treatment the following days and, in about 3 weeks, he'll be healed according to the MRI he did today. He plans to play Acapulco, Indian Wells and Miami. Rafa, always with you

Comment

• Rafa Nadal conducted an MRI test earlier this morning at a hospital in Melbourne. The MRI showed a grade one injury of his Illiopsoas on his right leg.

He will be resting the next days once back in Spain and will start with anti-inflammatory physiotherapy. He will start his rehabilitation and pre-adaptation process to the tennis court in two weeks, starting progressively his training and practice.

Three weeks is the normal time to totally recover and he will resume his tennis schedule as planed playing Acapulco, Indian Wells and Miami.

Comment

• A, sta inace tacno znaci povreda?
            A, nema srece na AO, pa to ti je ... inace kao sto vidim, raspored ostaje isti ...

Comment

• Toni Nadal: "I've talked to Rafael and he's upset. But when talking to him I've told him we need to recall all the good things and keep on being grateful to life as he's achieved much more than expected. Taking into account all the problems in the last few years, he managed to have a great season in 2017. I've also told him that there are many people who would take his place without hesitation and so there isn't really a big reason to be too upset. Of course, it's a very tough situation when you live it, but we have to go ahead and keep on trying."

Comment

• Rafael Nadal comeback plan: Doctor reveals plot for injury recovery
                RAFAEL NADAL will be monitored throughout his recovery from a thigh injury, his doctor says.
                Nadal suffered the thigh injury in his Australian Open quarter-final against Marin Cilic this week.
                He confirmed an MRI scan has shown a tear in his right leg.
                Nadal is expected to be back within three weeks and hopes to compete at the Mexico Open.
                However, his doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro says the Spaniard must take things steady, otherwise he could worsen the injury further.
                "Little by little we will monitor everything so that the injury is controlled," Cotorro told Spanish newspaper El Confidencial.
                "Now we have to work hard so his muscle can recover from the injury and so when the competition demands he has the flexibility ready.
                “It is a new injury for Rafa, but occurs in many sports as usual.
                “Here it happened in the fifth set, after going through the most demanding moments of a match.
                “Only after a certain time has this injury occurred. We must focus on trying to cure it.”
                Rafael Nadal will remain the world No 1 on the ATP Tour even if Roger Federer wins the Australian Open this weekend.
                However, victory for Federer will reduce the gap between the world’s top two players to just 155 ranking points.
                Federer will play in Dubai on 26 February, when Nadal is scheduled to be in Acapulco.
                Both tournaments are ATP 500 events.

Comment

• Rafael Nadal's injury revealed. Here is how long he will rest...

Less than 24 hours after retiring against Marin Cilic during the fifth set at the Australian Open, Rafael Nadal went through an MRI to figure out the exact nature of his right leg injury. Nadal is dealing with a grade 1 lesion on the Iliopsoas, that is a blending of two muscles (the iliacus and psoas major) that runs from the lumbar portion of the vertebral column to the femur.
                  'The MRI showed a grade 1 injury of his Illiopsoas on his right leg', his management team said in a statement. 'He will be resting the next days once back in Spain and will start with anti-inflammatory physiotherapy.
                  He will start his rehabilitation and preadaptation process to the tennis court in two weeks, starting progressively his training and practice.' Within three weeks starting from Thursday, he should fully recover.
                  'At the moment my calendar doesn't change: I will play in Acapulco, Indian Wells and Miami', Nadal said in a statement on Facebook. Last year in the Mexican event he reached the final losing to Sam Querrey.
                  If Roger Federer wins the Australian Open title, the Swiss will have just 155 points less than Nadal, who would go down to No. 2 if he withdraws from Mexican Open. 'These muscle injuries are obviously getting worse', Nadal's doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro told Spanish newspaper El Confidencial. 'His first instinct was to want to continue.
                  It was tested at the beginning, when he began to feel pain and he was already aware that it was not possible (to continue). He stopped, but he did not want to stop. We all know how it is. Fortunately, he quit at the right time, which is what he had to do because he had no chance of finishing.'

Comment

• Nije mi jasno što žuri da se vrati u Akapulko? Jedino ako je zbog ovoga što mu se Federer primakao.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEMANJA97 View Post
                      Nije mi jasno što žuri da se vrati u Akapulko? Jedino ako je zbog ovoga što mu se Federer primakao.
                      Zbog publike, zbog prodaje ulaznica on mora da izjavi, da če igrati ACAPULCO. Ista priča je bila i pre BASELA prošle godine.

Odluka naravno pada nekoliko dana prije početka turnira

Osobno vjerujem, da ozljeda nije ozbiljnje prirode i da če igrati Acapulco

Comment

• I’m not thinking about my retirement !!

Rafael Nadal said on Thursday, two days after retiring from his Australian Open quarter-final match with an inner right hip ailment, that he hoped a long-term solution can be found to reduce the number of injuries on the ATP Tour.
                        “When there are more injuries than usual, it’s because something’s happening,” the world No. 1 said after he and his team arrived at the airport serving Palma de Mallorca, capital of the Spanish autonomous community of the Balearic Islands.

Rafa, who retired on Tuesday night while trailing Croatian world No. 6 Marin Cilic 3-6, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 2-0, will be out for three weeks after an MRI he underwent in Melbourne revealed a Grade 1 strain of his iliopsoas muscle.
                        He recalled that he brought attention to a recent spate of injuries on Tour at the start of the Australian Open, a Grand Slam event he decided to play despite concerns about a right-knee injury.
                        He stressed, however, that he was not calling on the Tour to immediately make changes, such as moving more tournaments to surfaces easier on the body or shortening the tennis calendar.
                        “But if within a few years there’s a chance for some change that would benefit future generations of tennis players and improve their quality of life, that would be very positive, especially for the health of the athletes,” the 16-time Grand Slam champion said.

Our champ was clear, however, that he had no plans to retire in the short term.
                        “I don’t know how long I’ll play, whether it will be three, four or five more years. But when that time comes, I’ll know and I won’t be afraid. But now I’m not thinking about my retirement,” he said.
                        Rafa said that when referring to the detrimental effects of hard courts – the most commonly used surface on the ATP Tour – he was in no way doing so for his own personal gain.
                        “Few sports, as is the case with tennis, are played (mainly) on cement, hard, very aggressive surfaces, but I’m just another player giving his opinion,” Rafa, who will recover from his injury in his home town of Manacor, said.

Comment

• Ako nije toliko ozbiljno, i koliko sam shvatila mozda je i rezultat prevelikog napora, posle pauze, oporavice se on za mesec dana i ako bude spreman, probace da igra i Acapulco ... a onda pravac IW. E tu vec ima dobru sansu, ako odrzi nivo od prvih meceva ovde.

Comment

• Five notes from Dr. Cotorro about Nadal's injury

"I hope everything goes well with the tests and that you have a quick recovery."
                            After retiring from the Australian Open quarterfinals, Rafael Nadal received a text message on his mobile phone from Roger Federer, who had watched the world number one leaving the match against Marin Cilic injured on TV and quickly wrote a few words of encouragement to the most important rival he has faced in his career. The Swiss qualified for the semifinals of the first Major of the year (winning 7-6, 6-3, 6-4 against Tomas Berdych and will play Hyeon Chung who won 6-4, 7-6, 6-3 against Tennys Sandgren) and faces the possibility of winning his 20th Grand Slam with the calmness of being the favorite after the elimination of Nadal, a path also made easier by the early eliminations of other rivals.

Before Federer's [QF] victory, the Spaniard underwent an MRI at a Melbourne hospital and learned that he suffers from a grade 1 injury in the Ilioposas of his right leg, which will need rest and anti-inflammatory physiotherapy, but should not prevent him from sticking to his schedule (the next tournament is Acapulco which starts on February 26), provided there are no setbacks during the recovery process.
                            Ángel Ruiz Cotorro, the trusted doctor of the 16 Grand Slam champion, accompanied the tennis player to the medical exams and went to the airport to fly back home the same evening. There he talked to this newspaper and explained the keys to the injury that shattered Nadal’s hopes to win the title in Australia.

The tendon itself is not injured. "What Rafa has is an injury to a hip flexor muscle. It is inflamed, causing a small grade 1 intramuscular bruise. The tendon is not affected, so the prognosis is good. Logically, he has to proceed with caution for two or three weeks, rest and do physiotherapy. Then, little by little, incorporate activity.

Correct decision. "Evidently, every muscle injury is aggravated through force. Rafa’s movements were very limited in the match against Cilic and the decision to retire was the correct one. Because of his decision the injury did not get worse."

Good luck. "It's not a very common injury in tennis, although we've already had a few cases. There are other parts, such as the rectus femoris, which is in a more complicated area. With the bad luck he has had, this injury is a grade 1. It is not good, but treating it with care and a conservative approach he will be able to follow his schedule as he had planned. There is no muscle tear."

The result of several factors. "Many factors came into play. The match against Schwartzman was very hard and they played at very high temperatures, with the loss of fluids the muscles suffer, then another intense match against Cilic, with many changes in the rhythm of the game... this is what overstressed the area little by little and a wrong move caused this injury.”

Five weeks or... more. "He has to wait and see how things evolve with rest and physiotherapy. Then, he will return to activity bit by bit. We are talking about a muscle that needs time, that needs to be treated with care. It is a muscle that is important for movement. At the beginning there will be certain movements that he will not be able to do. There's time. He has five weeks to get to where is planning to play, and if five is not enough he will take more, whatever they are. The most important thing is that we have room to do things right ".

Comment

• Rafa Nadal confirma su presencia en Acapulco

Durante un acto de promoción en Alicante, Rafa Nadal confirmó, tras la lesión que le obligó a abandonar el Abierto de Australia ("fue imposible seguir"), que reaparecerá en Acapulco a finales de febrero y que también jugará los Masters 1000 de Indian Wells y Miami.
                              El español señaló que su gran reto es llegar en plenitud a la temporada de polvo de ladrillo, considerando la gira de tierra y Roland Garros como los grandes objetivos y la "época más importante del año".
                              "Los cambios drásticos de pista son poco aconsejables. Mi prioridad ahora es estar sano y poder elegir el calendario que crea más conveniente", comentó el balear, quien confió en la victoria española en la eliminatoria de Copa Davis ante Gran Bretaña.
                              El número uno del mundo dijo que su mayor ilusión es seguir compitiendo y que no hará nada raro para defender el primer puesto del ranking mundial.

Comment

• Rafael Nadal to comeback in Acapulco

On Wednesday afternoon Rafael Nadal attended a Sabadell Bank event in Alicante, Spain, to speak about several interesting topics, including his physical shape. A week ago Nadal retired from the Australian Open quarter-finals due to a grade 1 lesion Psoas muscle, and the disappointment and regrets are still there: 'It was a pity because things were going through the right direction and I was playing a good tennis.
                                Sometimes the paths get complicated and I know the difficulties that every tournament brings. The lesion completely limited me, there was a rupture and it was impossible to continue. Luckily it's not a very big rupture, the evolution is slow but it's better and better.

I want to play well in Acapulco and get there fresh, then Indian Wells and Miami.' The most important period of the season is always the one between Monte Carlo and Roland Garros. 'My big goal is to be the best clay-court player again', Nadal confirmed.

He also commented on the Davis Cup tie between Spain and Great Britain this weekend. 'It's complicated to add the first rounds in my schedule, but I would like to help the team. I think that this year we have a good chance to win.' He finally analyzed the Roger Federer's 20th Grand Slam title: 'It's admirable now as much as before, we do not figure now what he is and what he did.

I admire him a lot. We have a good relationship, we fight for important things, but you shouldn't forget that this is a sport and the moments we lived together made us appreciate each other.' Nadal also admitted that it will be difficult that the "Next Generation" players will win as much as the current "over 30" players did.
                                'There was a generation able to win a lot, Federer, me, (Novak) Djokovic, (Andy) Murray, (Stan) Wawrinka. If we look at our sport's history, it had never happened that three players would win much for a lot of years.

(Alexander) Zverev, (Nick) Kyrgios, (Denis) Shapovalov are very strong and they will definitely win several Slams, it will depend on how much they are willing to improve and breakthrough. Their potential and talent is big.'

Comment

Working...
                                X