• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

Nastavak bloga.

SATURDAY, MARCH 29

Hi everybody,

Here I am again writing this blog for Tennis.com. I hear that this is one of the biggest web sites in tennis so I am happy that the tennis fans are the ones really getting to read this.

Today I would like to talk about doubles. I do this since I played today a fantastic doubles match. I don't refer to the way I played. This comment is more about the atmosphere we lived today out there on court. It was Tommy Robredo and me against the Bryan brothers. We played on Court No. 1 and it was really a fantastic atmosphere. I hear there were really big queues to come to the court. The match was also a great match and I think the people had a great time watching it. I had a lot of fun playing it since I love to play. I love to compete and also in doubles since as I have said many times it is a team playing. Really, I had a great time out there today. We lost but that's not the most important thing...

As I say the atmosphere on court was unbelievable and I also feel we had a lot of support from the crowds although we were playing against two locals. But well, maybe in Miami with so many Spanish speaking people we are also locals... :-)

I have always said I like doubles and I like to play doubles. But I also think that there are some rules nowadays that make us not play as often. It is true it is easier now to play since we can get in the doubles draw with our singles ranking but there are also times that when we have an injury, or we lost in singles and don't want to stay for doubles, only we have to stay and play or we lose ranking points and prize money. Then we play with no motivation and it is kind of ridiculous. They explain that the rule is to avoid that we sign in and then we retire, but in the end I am not sure what's worst, specially for the spectators. I would redo these rules and make them better, to tell you the truth.

Coming back now to my day and singles, tomorrow I play my second match against Nicolas Kiefer. I know it is not easy but it is important for me to go through this round here and go into the second week. I am planning on leaving at 11 am the hotel since I have my warm up at noon. My father and some of his friends arrived today so I also take the opportunity to thank the tournament organizers who very kindly gave me some extra tickets for them. My family normally never travels but when they do they always come with friends and it is not easy to find tickets for a tournament like this. So really, thanks... they are really nice to me and I have to thank them also here.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Many thanks to all,

Rafa

http://www.tennis.com/tournaments/20...aspx?id=123358

Comment

Muchas gracias Cali Tee !

Comment

Sreca nasha! Kako dobra igra protiv Kifera, samo neka tako nastavi i ne sumnjam da ce sve biti ok u Majamiju! VAMOS RAFITO!!!

Comment

Fantasticna igra vs.Kiefer!!!!...Prastali su winneri!!!....Samo da nastavi u ovako visokom ritmu i mozemo slobodno da se nadamo najboljem..tj.tituli..No,idemo mec po mec..Vamos Rafa!!!

Comment

R. NADAL
            /N. Kiefer

6?2, 6?4

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You had to stop a couple times because of the rain. Was it difficult to keep a rhythm?
            RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it was not the best day because I was playing unbelievable in the beginning, you know, playing very well, hitting very well the ball, and playing almost perfect match, no?
            So I was very happy about my victory. When I come back to the court the ball was a little bigger and slower, and it was a little bit more difficult for me.
            Anyway, I feel I played very complete match. Only thing the last game. It was more mistakes than usual.

Q. You play Mathieu next?
            RAFAEL NADAL: I play Mathieu.

Q. Can you speak a bit about playing him? He's made a lot of progress in the last year.
            RAFAEL NADAL: Well, he always is a very good player, no? I played against him some time before and it was always very, very tough matches. I know he's playing well. He's doing well. He won against Moya today, a very good match.
            I saw the match on the TV, and he played very well. So I need continuing playing like this for try to win this match, no? So it's going to be an important match for me.

Q. I have one historical question for you. I know Carlos was your mentor, but Gustavo Kuerten, was he someone you admired when you were younger? And what do you think he meant to tennis, and especially clay tennis?
            RAFAEL NADAL: Oh, he's one of the most important players in the last years, no?
            So I'm happy for met him. I'm happy for be here in the same tour like him. So I saw him winning in Roland Garros few times, won the Masters. Maybe was in Lisbon when he won. He won I think Agassi and Sampras, and he was the No. 1. So, well, he was amazing player. For sure, I have to admire Guga, no?

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/cont...330223539.html

(naravno treba ta oprema dobro da stoji, nije samo do opreme, ve? i do onoga ko je nosi )

Jednostavno, sve u jednom.

Comment

Fantasticno je igrao sinoc, bilo je uzivanje gledati.

VAMOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

Nastavak bloga

SUNDAY, MARCH 30

Hi everybody,

Today it was a match day, and first of all I want to say that I played really good and that I am very happy with my performance out there. The funny thing is the rain in Miami. Lot of people asked me about that but after Wimbledon I can't complain if things like this happen. This was nothing, only a couple of times in and out. At Wimbledon it was the whole day, for more than a couple of days!

So we came back a few minutes to the locker room and I simply had a little chat with Francis Roig, my coach here during this March swing. I was playing great and I was feeling really good about the match so we didn't talk much. Only a few tips here and there on a few shots that I made some mistakes. But as I say, I was feeling great and really enjoying my time out there.

The day was long at the tournament. In the end we (or I should say I) spend a lot of time on-site. I left the hotel at 11 and got back at 9.15 pm. That's 10 hours on site. I like to get there early rather than late and hang around and wait for my match rather than the other way around. Beside, yesterday my soccer team was playing and I managed to watch it in the locer room before I went on court. A few of us gathered to watch the match and the atmosphere was pretty funny.

As I said yesterday, my father came to Miami (you know that he normally doesn't travel much to tournaments) with some friends. I say this because then at night we are a few of us going out for dinner. I think we were 10 tonight and we went to a Spanish restaurant here very close to the hotel. New restaurant called Dolores Lolita or something like that. Good food. We just came back from the restaurant.

Tomorrow I have a "free day" since I don't play. Still got some work to do since I am practicing at 12 noon and then I have some autograph sessions at 1.15 pm at the Babolat stand. I hope I can see a few of you there. After that I think I am going to play some golf with my uncle Miguel Angel, my coach Francis and my PR manager Benito Perez-Barbadillo. Well, he will try to play and the three of us will play :-)

See you all.

Rafa

Vamos tio Toni, I miss you

Comment

• Comment

Pod predpostavkom da je sve ovo iskreno mislio - lepo od njega! A tebi Biljo hvala shto si nam to postovala tj. pronashla ovaj intervju! Mozda ne bi bilo zgoreg da to postujesh i na threadu Novaka, chisto da i oni koji ne zalaze ovde na Rafin thread mogu ovo da prochitaju ;)

Comment

Biljo,hvala .Ne znam koliko ljudi uopste znaju u kako su dobrim odnosima Rafa i Nole,jer oni to zaista jesu..Fanovi se ,eto nekad malo ne razumeju,ali sto se njih dvojice tice..oni su uvek bili ok..Cak su Toni i Rafa,poslali sampanjac Nolu posle osvajanja Montreala,gde je ovaj pobedio Rafu...
                      Ostalim Nadalovcima hvala takodje za blog i clanke
                      Evo kako se zabavljaju njih dvojica:

Comment

Auuuuuuuu, shto im je losheeeeeeeee ;D

Comment

Nastavak bloga

MONDAY, MARCH 31

Hi everybody,

Here I am once more day writing this blog. I hope you are enjoying it and finding out more about what I do during a tournament week. I am sure that most of you have questions and I don't know if this could be arranged so that I can answer some of them. What I try to do here is to explain to you what I normally do. I prefer it like this than going into more deep stuff. I don't know if you know what I mean.

As I said on my previous post, which I only did this morning, and for that I apologize, today it was a "free day". Before I tell you about my day, I have to say that last night I couldn't write the blog and only did it this morning since we came pretty late from dinner and one drink (I actually didn't but the rest of the people with me did). It was kind of late (midnight) and I was tired. So apologies as I say. I hope you understand.

This morning we went to the site at 11 am as I said and got the practice at noon. I had an autograph session planned with Babolat on-site but I arrived much later than agreed. This was due to some work I had to do after the practice. Sometimes, depending on how it went, we normally continue the work on a gym, and maybe have to do some icing or taping here and there. For this I also hope that the fans that were there waiting till I arrived are OK. Sorry for the delay. I was the one more interested on finishing on time and early since I had tee time at 3 pm. I was surprised of the amount of people there today. It is really great to see so much support. I really appreciate it and I hope everyone understands that at some point I have to leave. I know that a lot of people stay there waiting for an autograph. Believe me that I feel bad when someone can't get one and that I would really love to sign them all. But please understand me. I always try to stay more, but it would never end. Please forgive me those who didn't get one. To give you another example, today when I was leaving (late) the site, some people in Spanish shouted at me asking for an autograph. I was already getting in my car to leave and couldn't get back down. Sorry. I hope you are there tomorrow and I sign it to you, OK?

Golf today was not very good. I think it was the worst match I have played in years so I hope my tennis compensates tomorrow... It happens ! When I play bad tennis I play good golf so I hope that it is the other way around tomorrow. AS I say I went with Francis, my uncle Miquel Angel and Benito. I know that there was a photographer so I hope we get the pictures tomorrow to post them here. I'll get Benito to work on it.

Tomorrow it is Francis Roig's birthday so we will have something prepared for him. I think we are going to a Spanish restaurant here in Miami to celebrate. I hope we can celebrate also that I am into the next round.

See you all,

Rafa

Comment

• Comment

Bockaj, bockaj Dejo! ;) Dobro, u duhu lepog raspolozenja danas oproshteno ti je Hvala na chestitkama!!! I molim te chestitaj i mushkim ljubiteljima Rafe, Moya ce dobiti komplex! Ruku na srce, igrao je EXTRA, samo neka zadrzi taj nivo igre i sve ce biti ok!!! VAMOS!!!

Comment

Foto sa me?a Rafa vs PHM

Vamos Rafa

Comment

Working...
                                X