X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

THURSDAY, MARCH 27

Hi everyone,

It is the first time I write a blog on this website and on this country, although I wrote a blog from the US Open for other outlets.

Let me say that I want to thank you for this opportunity and that obviously, someone is helping me with it, with my English, with what I write, since as you all know my English is not that good. So this is not fake, simply I get some help so that you can understand it :-)

I am starting this blog the day before I play and as usual at night when I have the chance at my hotel (now in Miami) to sit down, think and write. Tomorrow I play my first round match and I am excited about it. I arrived to Miami on Monday very early morning and have been getting ready since then. I actually, we, landed at 6.30 am local time since we flew from Palm Springs to Miami that same Sunday night. We were supposed to get to Miami that day since I had to do a photo shoot for the Sony Ericsson Open here in Miami with Serena Williams. For this reason the tournament was so kind to have a private jet to bring me and my team here so that I could be at the shoot on time.

I have had some questions about the passengers in that plane and I think it is no secret that I asked Ana Ivanovic and her team to join us. I knew she had some problems to find a ticket to Miami, she was on a waiting list and we had room left so I thought I could ask them to join us. The tournament also thought it was OK and they actually supported the idea so everyone happy. I remember Roger gave me a ride from Montreal to Cincy last summer and I know how it feels to be stuck in a place when you want/have to leave to play the next tournament. I didn't know much Ana before that but now that I had the chance to meet her during the flight I think she is a very nice person, a really nice person. Also her mother and her physical trainer who all flew with us and it was very nice to meet them too.

So we landed that early and I went straight to sleep. I got up around noon and after having a quick lunch I went to do the gig for the tournament at the Swimming pool in South Beach. I thought it was nice and I enjoyed the time there. I also think that all these gigs benefits our sport and I am happy to do them. I know it is painful sometimes but I know it is important. After this I went to practice to the site since I had not done so on Sunday in Indian Wells (I went to play golf and rested that day).

On Tuesday I had also some work to do but again it was more to support a friend. I practiced in the morning twice and after a very quick lunch I went to Wellington (near Palm Beach) to a charity event with David Nalbandian and his foundation. He had prepared a surprise and we played one set in front of polo players, patrons, team owners, members and general public. I went to the International Polo Club. I didn't know that's the place where the US Open of Polo is played. I actually don't know much that sport but had the chance to meet the "Roger Federer" of the sport, Adolfo Cambiaso. We had some fun playing and also managed to raise some money for David's foundation. It was a nice experience. The only thing is that we drove over two hours on a very heavy traffic and on a busy day since I'd practiced twice. But the cause was good and I am very happy we did it.

On Wednesday I had a lot of motivation for that day. You all know I love to compete, I love the feeling and flavor of competition. I prepared an early double session of practice in the morning since I the Sony Ericsson Open people got me a tee-time on the Blue Monster course at the Doral. Big match against Lleyton Hewitt, Ivan (his physical trainer) and Juan Carlos Ferrero. Two against two and also the one against one, you know...

I better keep for myself the result since we lost badly to them and I personally also played bad and lost :-) Well done Lleyton and Ivan! I will be back, don't worry ! :-). At night we had the players party that I thought was really good and cool. Miami is a special place and one of the best places to do a thing like this.

And Thursday I had another typical tennis day. I practiced at 12 and at 4 and getting ready for tomorrow. I also did some media work that we have to do before a big tournament (press conference, TV interviews, etc.) and got back to the hotel pretty early (around 6.30 pm).

As I say Friday is my first match and I am really excited about it. Hope it goes well.

See you all,

Rafa

http://www.tennis.com/tournaments/20...aspx?id=123358

Comment

• Rafael Nadal - 3.28.08

R. NADAL/B. Becker

7?5, 6?2

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. In the first set you were down a couple of games during the beginning, which is, of course, that's not uncommon. But do you ever start to panic, or does it kind of affect your game if you're down a couple of games? How do you handle that?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, he start playing so crazy, playing well in the beginning. So, well, he break me in the second game, but I have little bit luck and I can come back, break in the next game. So happy for that, because I played a comfortable game, comfortable match today, no?
      So I'm happy with my victory.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/cont...328202611.html

Vamos Rafa

Comment

Nadal emerging as the most level headed and mature of all the jokers on the circuit?http://tennisplanet.wordpress.com/20...n-the-circuit/

Comment

Nova oprema izgleda vishe nego dobro, a posebno nova bandana ;) Extra dobro uklopljene boje i sam stil ;D
          VAMOS!!!

Comment

Preveo sam ovaj odlican tekst kako bi svi mogli da ga procitaju.

Comment

Ovo bi trebalo svi da prochitaju, chlank je vishe nego dobar! ;D ;)
              VAMOS RAFA!!!

Comment

Ovo je sjajno vidjenje Rafe ..bas onako kako ga vide njegovi istinski fanovi

Comment

Nastavak bloga.

FRIDAY, MARCH 28

Hi everybody,

Here we go with my second blog entry from Miami. I am sorry it is always coming late at night but I only have the time to sit down and write it after I come back from dinner. This is true, believe me, since I don't have that much free time during the day. I do think from time to time on what I can write, but physically I don't have much time during a normal day. I finished tonight all my work at 10 pm!. Then I went for dinner (a very Spanish time) and here I am.

So to explain you my day, we had decided the day before to meet at the lobby of the hotel at 11 am. We went to have a coffee next door to the hotel and got on the car to drive to Key Biscayne at around noon. I had a warm up practice court at 1 pm so we thought we had plenty of time. Bu the truth is that we got to the site very late. It took us over 45 minutes to do a very little distance because of the heavy traffic. I am staying at a hotel in Brickell and so it is not far away. But the traffic was unbelievable. I normally need like 30 to 45 minutes to get ready for a practice or warm up since I have to do the taping of both feet and the taping I use on my knees. Lots of people keep asking me about those tapes I wear. I simply have them for protection, just in case. Since I had that injury on my knees, I wear them. It worked with the first one and then I got injured the second one so that's the only reason.

So as I say, I got late and had to do everything really fast, which I don't like to do when it is about this. Got my warm up and then simply waited in the locker room for the start of my match. I don't think I need to talk about the match since you probably read here, on this website, the reports about it. It is always good to start well and with a striahgt-set win to build up more confidence, but it is also not that important. At least for me.

I left the tournament site around 7.30 pm and had a meeting at my hotel with my manager Carlos Costa. Initially it was supposed to be a 30 minutes meeting but in the end it lasted for almost two hours. Not a problem but I had to do a TV interview and I started the interview at 9.45 pm! I am sorry Aarthi (the woman that interviewed me) for being so late...

Anyway, tomorrow I have also a match but this time doubles. I have a practice at 12 noon and then the routine work to get ready for the match.

See you tomorrow and thanks,

Rafa

http://www.tennis.com/tournaments/20...aspx?id=123358

Comment

Hvala Cali za blog! VAMOS RAFA!!!

Comment

Moya, hvala ti na clanku.
                      Super je.

VAMOS RAFA

Comment

RAFA NADAL OSNIVA FONDACIJU

AUTORPA
                        Fundacion Rafa Nadal"Me? protiv Malarije"

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...--feature.html

13 FEB 2008. EFE via mallorcadiario.com

U roku od mesec dana, Fundacion Rafa Nadal ?e imati svoj sajt za primanje sugestija i ponuda i uskoro ce potpisati sporazum sa Iberostar Foundationhttp://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+9+426012

Video sa prezentacije Fundacion Rafa Nadal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0nflnk2U4g

I jos jedan, kratak ali veoma vredan

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h6f4B2_ZAnw

Ovakve stvari su jedan od razloga, pored dobrog tenisa, zasto Rafini fanovi vole, postuju i cene Rafu
                        [shadow=red,left]
                        Vamos !
                        [/shadow]

Comment

Upravo tako Angel, hvala shto si ovo postovala!!!

Comment

[quote author=moya link=topic=474.msg19347#msg19347 date=1206813251]
                            Preveo sam ovaj odlican tekst kako bi svi mogli da ga procitaju.

Suocio se sa mnogim poteskocama u svojoj mladoj karijeri ali nikada nije izgubio svoj borilacki duh na terenu, na zadovoljstvo fanova tenisa sirom sveta.

Kao sto sam rekao svako se moze ponasati sportski kada je sve divno i polazi vam od ruke. Tu nema nista posebno. Cak i ja to mogu. Pravi izazov je kada te neko iritira i ponizava a ti ne samo da se uzdrzis od odgovora vec kazes stvari koje drugu stranu nateraju na sram i pokajanje.

To se zove klasa. Kreteni to nece razumeti.

Nadam se da ce biti nagradjen za svoju razumnost i sportsko ponasanje onako kako je najbolje za njega. Vidite, mi kao smrtnici ne znamo da li bi dolazak na 1. mesto bio dobar za njega. Samo Bog to zna.

Uprkos svemu, Nadal se danas izdvaja kao igrac sa najvise ljudskosti.

[/quote]

Vamos Rafa, tvoji fanovi su veoma ponosni na tebe

moya i angelnfs4, hvala za prevode. Svaka ?ast

Comment

Hvala svima za trud ..Vamos veceras na Kifera!!!

Comment

A, da, da Elena! Jedno veeeeeeeliko VAMOS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X