This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New super-helmet is custom made for Räikkönen

Kimi Räikkönen moved to Bell’s helmet camp when the new season began.

Last year Kimi was a user of Arai’s helmets and he used Schuberth’s helmets during his Ferrari-times.

In F1 11 drivers are in Arai’s camp, 6 drivers are in Bell’s camp and 5 drivers are in Schuberth’s camp.

Räikkönen is clearly the most successful of Bell’s users. Other users are Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado, Esteban Gutierrez, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

The CEO in Bell’s Asian and African actitivities, Martine Kindt, praised Räikkönen’s significance to their Bell-company to Turun Sanomat.

– We have worked together with stars like Senna, Prost, Berger, Fittipaldi, Schumacher, Button and Villeneuve. They were all very special drivers, but we have Kimi here and now. He is very important to us, he is a world champion and he believes in us and we want to thank him by doing our very best for him. Hopefully this leads to new victories and a championship, Kindt emphasizes.

Small-talk has no effect on Räikkönen

A switch from one camp to another wasn’t really in Räikkönen’s plans after last season.

– Kimi felt that the relationship with the earlier helmet company was good and he wasn’t especially interested in us. It took it’s time before he decided to check out what we have to offer. In December he told us that he wants to try our helmet.

– For us it was clear that he wouldn’t commit into anything unless he would be immediately completely satisfied with the feeling that our helmet gives him. We knew that we had to assure him the best way possible in a very short time. Kimi knows exactly what he wants, he is very accurate and technically he is very sharp. He sets his own quality requirements and it was up to us to meet them in order for him to be satisfied.

– You can’t do any small-talk with Kimi, everything has to be clear and concrete, Kindt reminds.

Lightest helmet is made of the newest material

The new superhelmet is completely custom made to fit Räikkönen’s head.

– We started the work by taking a three-dimensional X-ray of his skull. This way we could shape the helmet to fit his head in the best way and thoroughly optimize the comfort of usage according to FIA latest regulations, Kindt explains.

– We made the contract with Kimi just as we were finishing our latest HP7-model which is designed by a very innovative research- and development-program with an avant-garde technology.

In that development work we also concentrated on reducing the weight. As a result we have the lightest racing helmet on the market: Räikkönen’s helmet with the HANS- head restraint’s anchors and visor panel weighs only 1,470 kg.

– Because of the G-powers the helmet’s weight is extremely important for the F1-drivers. This is why we aim to lessen the weight on a regular basis – especially because of the new regulations from FIA. It’s not simple, it takes a lot of research and funding to research new materials and new production methods, Kindt clarifies.

The greatest feeling from the opening victory

A year ago Bell celebrated together with Pastor Maldonado his GP-victory in Barcelona, this season they got immediately a bull’s eye in the opening race in Australia when Räikkönen hit the jackpot.

– Kimi’s victory meant something very special and big to us. Since our co-operation started in such an awesome way it was a very emotional moment for us. Everyone had worked so hard for it – Kimi, our engineers – and his helmet painter Uffe Tägtström, Kindt glows.

http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=2002
    ,,MO8, nemoj da se salis sa zivotom, zna se raspored: basket, F1, Nole, pa sve ostalo... Dakle No1e>skola... Na izvrsavanje!"

"Cekamo sutra da se ozvanici Kimster i mogla bi da krene lagana dominacija plus kada bi i Ross dosao....ludilo :)
    I eto nama novog paketa u Ferari: Allison + Raikkonen + Slade + MarkedOne8 :D mozda jedino da je zvucniji transfer Bejla od ovog naseg novog :biggrin:"

sigpic

Comment

• http://twitter.com/InsideFerrari/sta...74865357930496

I u Ferrariju imaju dobar smisao za humor.

P.S. Vanja, postove kao što je prethodni ti sledeći put cenzurišem. Meni je originalan izgled najbolji.
      Last edited by MarkedOne8; 02-03-14, 23:35.
      ,,MO8, nemoj da se salis sa zivotom, zna se raspored: basket, F1, Nole, pa sve ostalo... Dakle No1e>skola... Na izvrsavanje!"

"Cekamo sutra da se ozvanici Kimster i mogla bi da krene lagana dominacija plus kada bi i Ross dosao....ludilo :)
      I eto nama novog paketa u Ferari: Allison + Raikkonen + Slade + MarkedOne8 :D mozda jedino da je zvucniji transfer Bejla od ovog naseg novog :biggrin:"

sigpic

Comment

• ‚‚Novi" (Stari) vozač uopšte ne deluje nesrećno u Ferrariju.

sigpic

Comment

• ,,MO8, nemoj da se salis sa zivotom, zna se raspored: basket, F1, Nole, pa sve ostalo... Dakle No1e>skola... Na izvrsavanje!"

sigpic

Comment

• http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/aus...gp-time-racing

Zanimljivo je što na kraju videa koriste zvukove motora iz videa koji je prošlog leta postavio Mercedes sa simulacijom kruga u Monci.

sigpic

Comment

• Evo i tog klipa sa YT...

Comment

• Last edited by miloolja; 12-03-14, 23:05.
                sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.
                But there's one thing he can't change... he can't change his passion.

Comment

• Comment

• Slika se sa Schuberthovim modelom kacige. Verovatno će ipak da vozi sa Bellovim modelom.
                    Last edited by MarkedOne8; 13-03-14, 12:00.

sigpic

Comment

• Jedna od mnogih Kimijevih ludorija!

sigpic

Comment

• ,,MO8, nemoj da se salis sa zivotom, zna se raspored: basket, F1, Nole, pa sve ostalo... Dakle No1e>skola... Na izvrsavanje!"

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

• http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/helmet/

Bell je
                            If a bike and rider coming past you three feet from your face at 180mph down a hill on a public road doesn’t raise even a grin, you are already dead.

Comment

• Accident is my fault:

Kimi, can you describe what exactly happened during the accident please? And summarize the weekend especially since we have the impression that you're currently struggeling more than Fernando.

The Friday did not go as desired, that is true. Today, Saturday morning it was better. We are with the car not where we would have liked. But it will come. In qualifying I first went with the harder compound on the track and when I went to get the soft it began to rain. But the car felt okay. In the rain this track is always tricky, so I went off. At the exit of the curve I turned at a number of buttons, the wheels spun a little too much so I lost the car and collided into the wall. The nose is broken, but otherwise the car is okay.

Seconds before you Perez came off in the same place. Did that play a role in the accident?

No, it was completely my fault. The mad thing is that I wasn’t attacking, I would have gone to the box in this lap anyway. In the previous lap in turn 5 there was a McLaren going slowly which was the reason that my time has not been better.

But again, we have the impression that you struggle with the Ferrari more than Alonso particularly with regard to the response of the engine and its power delivery.

No, it's not like that. With the accident that has nothing to do and as for the handling, I have more trouble with the setup which I already noticed in winter testing. It 's not about the engine response. But as I said - it is slowly getting better. If you were to ask me however whether I feel comfortable in the car I would answer: no, not yet.

What role the weather will play tomorrow?

A street circuit like Melbourne is always tricky so it doesn’t matter if we drive in the wet or dry. But it 's strange, when the Formula 1 comes to Melbourne then the good weather always seems to say goodbye.

What can you do in the race ?

This first Grand Prix is for all a step into the unknown. For myself it can’t actually go worse than in practice so we should be okay for the race. At which place it will end is impossible to say.

Have you practiced many starts ?

Some. But if you're doing a practice start here from the pit lane then that is also not the same on the grid.

How satisfied are you with the car in long run?

The long runs are characterized primarily by fuel saving. We should be there in good shape. We know about what we are capable. But we don’t really know what we should think of the competition.

What is Ferrari missing to drive on the level of Mercedes?

Hard to say. Let's wait a few races to assess the balance of power properly. Whether we must adopt at the power unit or the chassis, now I can not judge. I would answer - we need to be better everywhere. But this sentence I would have said last year too.

How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with brake by wire?

That's not my problem, even if I had locked wheels a few times. It actually works quite well. Again, the problems have more to do with the setup and in dealing with the tires. We know where we want to go there. But that will not happen overnight.

sigpic

Comment

• Allison kaže: F14 T ima dobre startove, dobru brzinu u krivinama a pogotovo u brzim krivinama. Mane su stabilnost na kočenju i brzina na pravcima. Aerodinamika očigledno obavlja svoj posao, ali je podešavanje motora problem.

Uz to, ekipa ima najbrže pitstopove. Ferrarijevi vozači su jedini koji su u pitlane-u provodili manje od 22 sekunde. To otprilike znači da su svi ostali oko 3 desetinke bili sporiji na toj trci. Raikkonenov pitstop je trajao 2,2 sekunde.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X