Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Victory makes you happy, failure makes you stronger!
    * Smeš da izgubiš, ali ne smeš da se predaš!
    NOVAK ĐOKOVIĆ #TrueChampion

Comment

• Rodžer promoviše brži format tenisa

Brzi format tenisa?
      Jel` to ono,kad izadjes sat vremena ranije na teren i kazes publici da si odlucio da ne igras,jer nisi u stanju da se nosis sa protivnikom?
      Brze od OVOG ne postoji!!!
      (Mare,NS, 25. novembar 2014 11:35)

Comment

• Originally posted by MareLFC View Post
        Naravno.Kada igra svoj tenis nema mu ravnog...
        Ima a to je Novak kada igra svoj tenis .

Послато са SM-N9005 уз помоћ Тапатока

Comment

• Ne bih se slozio.
          Originally posted by Casiraghi
          Al bar nauci me drugoj da se dam da tebi nevernoj budem Emre Can
          Ti nikad neces biti kao Joel Matip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj_G6ExBTE
          Srecan Mane svima koji slave.

Comment

• Originally posted by MareLFC View Post
            Ne bih se slozio.
            Bilo je vec price o tome. Nije bolji ako gledas sve aspekte. Servis slab, defanzivno prosek.
            Ofanzivniji je i ima bolji tajming svakako. Ofanzivno moze da satire svakog sa dobrim uglovima i ranim hvatanjem loptice kada se nalazi u terenu. Kada je iza linije nije uopste opasan i nije neki counterpuncher.
            There's something wrong with me chemically
            Something wrong with me inherently
            The wrong mix in the wrong genes
            I reached the wrong ends by the wrong means
            It was the wrong plan
            In the wrong hands
            With the wrong theory for the wrong man
            The wrong lies, on the wrong vibes
            The wrong questions with the wrong replies

Comment

• Hit a Killer Slice Backhand
              By Miles Maclagan in Strokes and Strategy

Professional and recreational players employ the slice backhand to set up an approach shot, to slow down the ball while recovering from a defensive position, or to handle a low bounce. The motion of “slicing” the strings underneath the ball creates backspin and while this shot helps pros reset the point, a savvy weekend warrior may even use the technique to hit outright winners against unwitting opponents.

Miles Maclagan currently coaches British No. 1 Laura Robson and formerly guided World No. 2 Andy Murray to beat some of the best players in the world on some of the biggest stages. Maclagan says that one of the shots which Murray uses to gain an advantage, the slice backhand, should also be used by recreational players to unsettle an opponent. Here are his tips for hitting a killer slice backhand.

WHAT TO DO

1. Shoulder Turn

Whether you use an open or a closed stance, the shoulder turn is necessary for a smooth slice. Rotate your upper body so that your chest is facing the sideline and raise your racquet around shoulder height. Use your non-dominant hand on the throat of the racquet to aid the shoulder turn and to get your racquet into the right position until you begin the shot,

2. Knee Bend

Bending your knees is crucial, especially for dealing with a low-bouncing ball. A good knee bend allows you to hit through the ball and penetrate the shot as the racquet slides underneath the ball. Roger Federer bends his knees very well, as did Tim Henman in his time. The increased use of topspin, however, means that players on the tour don’t have to deal with low balls as much as they did in the past.

3. Long swing

A slice shot affords you the time to take a long swing, but I've noticed that some club players don't execute the stroke properly and instead tend to muscle the slice with a short, volley-like swing. A slice is a smooth shot for which you need to make sure you get the racquet nicely behind you to take a longer swing at it, though as with all shots, you'll need to accelerate through the ball, but swing high to low and away from your body while transferring your weight forward.

4. Think about what you’re trying to achieve

From a tactical point of view, the key is to realize what you’re trying to do with the slice backhand and not try to do too much with it. Usually, the best players don't use the slice as a winning shot, but instead seek to put the ball in an awkward position for their opponents.

WHAT NOT TO DO

1. Don’t chop down on the ball

Club players often mistakenly believe that they can produce slice by chopping down on the ball rather than hitting through the ball with a longer swing. The ball is traveling in a roughly horizontal line, and if the racquet is moving vertically, it’s harder to meet the ball in exactly the right spot. This means that you end up getting too much spin, too much cut and the ball doesn’t penetrate through the court. Players like Roger Federer and Tim Henman actually hit the slice very hard, and he was able to do that because he wasn’t chopping down on the ball.

2. Don’t be too clever

The slice is most effective when the player isn't attempting to be fancy. Be aware of the situation: if you’re in a defensive position, just look to return the ball deep and low, or even short and low, to neutralize your opponent on the next shot.

WHAT THE BEST PLAYERS DO WELL

Roger Federer

Players very rarely, if ever, try to hit a winner off the slice. The point is to employ the technique at the right moment and realize what outcome you want to produce. Federer is effective because his opponents know they can’t just push the ball back in the court off the slice, or he'll pounce on the next ball and nail the forehand. So, the error is forced by the situation.

Andy Murray

Murray has great feel on the ball, and he uses the slice quite creatively to mix up play. He uses the slice well defensively, he has good touch on both sides and he’s able to slice the ball deep back to the baseline so many times. His incredible speed makes his slice more effective.

Murray also uses the slice down the line to open up the court, which makes other players feel like they have to do more with the ball, maybe press a bit too much. He’s good at using it to bring them into areas where they’re not comfortable. Because he’s got good feel on the shot, he can play a short slice. This is effective because a lot of players today aren’t comfortable coming forward, so he’s bringing them into the net on his own terms, which they don’t like.

Rafael Nadal

Like Federer, when Nadal hits a slice, we all know what he’s looking to do with his forehand, so you can’t just send it down the middle of the court. The slice backhand is a shot he’s definitely added to his game since he first came on the tour to help him mix up play.

Novak Djokovic

Djokovic and Nadal’s backhand slices are among the best on the tour, in my opinion, but because they time the ball so well you don’t actually see the quality of the hit they put on the ball. Djokovic has a solid slice backhand, which he utilizes quite well, and the ball always comes off his racquet cleanly.

Interview by David Cox
              * Telo je slabo, ali je duh krepak, zato ga treba svakodnevno održavati. *

Comment

• Originally posted by Indigo View Post
                Bilo je vec price o tome. Nije bolji ako gledas sve aspekte. Servis slab, defanzivno prosek.
                Ofanzivniji je i ima bolji tajming svakako. Ofanzivno moze da satire svakog sa dobrim uglovima i ranim hvatanjem loptice kada se nalazi u terenu. Kada je iza linije nije uopste opasan i nije neki counterpuncher.
                To je tacno,ali meni je to sto igra Kei i sto je igrao Davidenko nesto najlepse sto tenis moze da pruzi.Uzivanje...
                Al bar nauci me drugoj da se dam da tebi nevernoj budem Emre Can
                Ti nikad neces biti kao Joel Matip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj_G6ExBTE
                Srecan Mane svima koji slave.

Comment

• Zimojnic ce igrati sa Kuresijem narednu sezonu

http://tribune.com.pk/story/796422/a...enad-zimonjic/
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
                  with experience.

Comment

• Razocarao sam se u lik i delo Danijela Nestora kad sam saznao kakv je covek...

Ziki pokusava da odigra jos neku sezonu ali nikako da udje u ritam sa partnerom... ili nece da trenira ili nece da igra pa hoce singl...

Comment

• Originally posted by bojanaBG View Post
                      Zimojnic ce igrati sa Kuresijem narednu sezonu

http://tribune.com.pk/story/796422/a...enad-zimonjic/
                      Na tw je pre nekog vremena napisao da će da igra sa Llodrom

Otkud sad ovo

Comment

• Originally posted by AleksaVP View Post
                        Na tw je pre nekog vremena napisao da će da igra sa Llodrom

Otkud sad ovo
                        Llodra se povredio i sigurno propusta prva 3 meseca sezone, tako da je Ziki morao da nadje novog partnera.

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Mislim da je i operisan.

Comment

• Marej sutnuo svog kondicionog trenera i Valverdua, ali Morezmo ostaje

BBC Tennis ‏@bbctennis
                            MURRAY NEWS. Amelie Mauresmo stays as head coach. However Dani Valverdu and his fitness trainer Jez Green will no longer travel with him.

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Ne budite prestrogi prema Nišikoriju.Mislim da on može mnogo,samo da ga zdravlje služi.Po stilu me podseća na Novaka iz mladjih dana.Borac je(kao Ferer),ali mu fali kondicije i da poradi malo na BH i servisu i biće on GS šampion.Zaslužuje to,kao i mnogi pre njega.A,ako se to dogodi biće to na AO.
                              Šampioni se ne stvaraju u teretanama. Šampioni se stvaraju od nečega što imaju duboko u sebi- želju, viziju i san. M.Ali
                              Ko sme taj može.Ko ne zna za strah taj ide napred.
                              "When the crowd is chanting Roger I hear Novak."

Comment

• Zar Llodra nije zavrsio karijeru
                                Genius, outrageous, the best ever! RF!

Comment

Working...
                                X