Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koga put nanese u neka od ovih mesta u oktobru-novembru....

Agassi, Sampras headline PowerShares Series

News - Wednesday, July 18, 2012

NEW YORK, NY (July 18, 2012)—InsideOut Sports + Entertainment announced today that Andre Agassi, John McEnroe, Pete Sampras and Jimmy Connors will headline the 2012 PowerShares Series. Formerly known as the Champions Series, the PowerShares Series will visit a total of 12 U.S. cities during its seven-week season, starting October 13 in Surprise, AZ and concluding November 30 in Anaheim, CA.

In addition to Agassi, McEnroe, Sampras and Connors, the tour, produced by legendary impresario Larry Magid, will feature fellow Grand Slam champions Patrick Rafter, Jim Courier, Michael Chang and Mats Wilander as well as Davis Cup Champion Todd Martin. The athletes will be competing for a prize pool totaling $1 million to be shared by the top three finishers at the conclusion of the season. Each PowerShares Series tournament will showcase four of the legendary players competing for ranking points playing in two, one-set semifinals followed by a one-set championship match.

Pete Sampras earned $500,000 by finishing the 2011 season as the No. 1 ranked player, followed by Jim Courier earning $350,000 at No. 2 and Andre Agassi collecting $150,000 at No. 3.

“We are looking forward to another successful season of PowerShares Series tennis featuring the legends of men’s tennis,” said Jon Venison, Partner at InsideOut Sports + Entertainment. “Having four legendary players battling in competitive one-night shootout tournaments across the United States is a strong platform to promote the sport and bring a great night of entertainment to these twelve cities.”

“The name change to PowerShares Series tennis reflects our ongoing support for this highly successful tour which has garnered valuable exposure for PowerShares QQQ,” said Jason Schoepke, Chief Marketing Officer at Invesco PowerShares. “We are confident the 2012 PowerShares Series tennis circuit will continue to advance the PowerShares brand with our core audiences and look forward to this year’s events.”

Tickets and unique interactive VIP fan experiences for the 2012 PowerShares Series are on sale now. For complete tour and ticket information, visit www.PowerSharesSeries.com.

The PowerShares Series is a tennis circuit for champion tennis players over the age of 30, created in 2005 by InsideOut Sports + Entertainment, the New York based firm which is co-owned and operated by former SFX executive Jon Venison and former world No. 1 Jim Courier.

PowerShares Series 2012 Tour Schedule:

October 13 – Surprise, AZ – Surprise Tennis Stadium – McEnroe, Connors, Martin, Courier

October 17 – Chicago, IL – United Center – Sampras, McEnroe, Courier, Connors

October 18 – Detroit, MI – The Palace of Auburn Hills – Sampras, McEnroe, Courier, Connors

October 19 – Boston, MA – TD Garden – Sampras, McEnroe, Courier, Connors

November 2 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center – McEnroe, Sampras, Courier, Rafter

November 5 –New York, NY – Madison Square Garden – McEnroe, Agassi, Sampras, Rafter

November 9 – Tampa, FL – Tampa Bay Times Forum – Connors, McEnroe, Wilander, Courier

November 10 – Atlanta, GA – Gwinnett Center – Connors, McEnroe, Wilander, Courier

November 16 – San Jose, CA – HP Pavilion – Agassi, McEnroe, Connors, Courier

November 17 – Las Vegas, NV – Mandalay Bay Hotel – Agassi, Chang, McEnroe, Courier

November 29 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center – Agassi, Chang, McEnroe, Courier

November 30 – Anaheim, CA – Honda Center – Agassi, Chang, McEnroe, Courier
    http://tennis.com/articles/templates...18839&zoneid=4

sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.
    But there's one thing he can't change... he can't change his passion.

Comment

• Novak Djokovic reveals major changes: from the 2014 season a shorter year and smaller balls

Despite the season this year concluding two weeks earlier than usual, Novak Djokovic reveals that in future the schedule could be pruned at a later stage:

"The programming is very important and it's nice to see that all are working to change the season from 2014. We should have the same goal achieved by the girls, about two months of rest. The men's tennis at the moment is highly competitive and it’s not easy to play a series of important events within a few weeks. You must be at 100%. Rafa and I played for six hours in Australia, rallies in modern tennis have become longer. "

The Serb has also added:

"All of our sports talk now is focusing on changes that have been made in recent years. Technology continues to advance. What's the next step? It 's interesting to talk about it. In this period we are discussing the size of the balls: making them smaller may be beneficial for the body. We will see what the decision will be."
      Novace mani se Australije, ne da si mogao nego si morao mnogo ranije da zavrsis
      Sto se odmora tice to je bas ok, kako ce to uspjeti da izvedu vidjecemo, a loptice glupost
      sigpic

Comment

• On i Nadal igrali 6h, od kojih 2h mozemo da odbijemo na tapkanje loptice i spremanje za servis
        To je njihov problem sto oni igraju tako dugacke poene i grinderaj, neka igraju brze i agresivnije, pa nece sigurno igrati 6h.
        A sve ovo mi lici da ce sezona posle USO da bude za igrace van top 20
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
        with experience.

Comment

• Pa tako i treba da bude otprilike, to je jedina sansa ostalih posto nema Majora, ja mogu da shvatim zasto najbolji padaju posle USOa i zasto motivacija vise nije ni blizu ista.
          Ali ovo za loptice je bas glupo, ne treba ih ni smanjivati ni povecavati, ako oce da stite tijelo neka se ubrzaju podloge i to je to
          sigpic

Comment

• Zasto tako treba da bude?
            Zasto se ne skrati sezona na sljaci, zasto se oni mastersi u prolece ne premeste, posto igrati na HC-u, posle AO-a, nema nikakve logike
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
            with experience.

Comment

• Pa IW i Miami su nesto vise od obicnih Mastersa, to je nesto najblize Slamu, kad da se igraju, da se igra 4 velika turnira prije USOa?
              Kraj sezone je prilika za ostale.
              sigpic

Comment

• Ma zanovijetaju oni previse. Toliko su placeni, a samo se zale
                Niko od njih nikada ne spomene da su stanju napraviti sebi godisnje 3 pauzue po 10tak dana, kada se brckaju po Sredozemnom moru, nego samo isticu pauzu u decembru
                Odigraju mec od 6 sati i onda na osnovu toga pricaju kako su iscrpljeni...niko ih ne tjera na takav mec

Comment

• Tenis je jedan od najtezih sportova tu nema sumnje, podloge su spore i nekad se moze napadati do besvijesti tu pomoci nema, Novak je u finalu USO 2010. napadao od drugog seta samo tako, bacio sve sto ima i opet nije mogao vise od seta, udarao je i u Rimu ove godine samo tako pa se protiv zida nije moglo, tako da se ne slazem skroz da je to zbog stila, Federer nije dobio Nadala na Slamu ne pamti od kad sa svojim stilom igre. Ali da je Novak mogao, pa i morao mec zavrsiti u cetvrom mogao/morao je.
                  I da im sezona traje 11 mjeseci traje, imaju svi oni te pauze i odmore ali se i tu mora raditi, 2010. je Novak imao manje od dvije nedelje odmora, Nadal prosle godine bio u slicnoj situaciji, AO kuca na vrata, nije ni to bas odmor.
                  sigpic

Comment

• To je cijena uspjeha

Comment

• Originally posted by shminka View Post
                      To je cijena uspjeha
                      price of sucess

samo se zale za nesto umesto da se usredotoce a ono sto trebaju da rade - da igraju tenis
                      Sale Stanojevic : , ,,Misija će biti ispunjena kada sa Partizanom ostvarim evropske snove, a to je veliki korak napred u Ligi šampiona ,.

Comment

• Promene su vec pocele, od 2015. Vimbldon ce se prakticno kompletno igrati u julu. Tu nema nista ekstremno ni veliko, u redu je
                        Pancho Gonzalez ; Ivan Lendl ; Andre Agassi ; Rafael Nadal

sigpic

Comment

• BREAKING: Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the London Olympics.
                          It is not the violence that sets a man apart.
                          It's the distance he's prepared to go.

Comment

• Sezonu treba zavrsiti odmah nakon USO-a, eventualno jos WTF da se odigra 2 do 3 nedelje nakon toga i tu da se stavi tacka. Moze i posle jos da se pika, ali ti turniri ne treba da budu obavezni cime bi se otvorio prostor da slabije rangirani igraci dodju do svojih pet minuta slave i da predanim i vrednim radom, u trenucima kada najbolji odmaraju, ucare koji bod, vredan trofej i poprave bankovni saldo nekim masnim cekom. Takav scenario bio bi idealan za sve. Inace, tenisere treba obavezati na nekih 12 turnira godisnje, pravilno rasporedjenih. To bi bila neka optimalna cifra, sve preko toga je cist visak i zamor za vec iznureni organizam. Danas je tenis fizicki jako zahtevan sport i ako hocemo da vidimo kvalitet ne treba ih raubovati preko svake mere. Na primer, WTF je cista sprdnja i ako se ne uglavi u neki drugi termin bolje da se ne igra, jer tenis koji se tamo prikazuje nije ni na celendzer nivou. Kraca sezona uz smanjenje broja obaveznih turnira dodatno ce podici kvalitet i to je recept koji treba primeniti. Medjutim, veliko je pitanje koliko je tako nesto realno.
                            Tom, your music is the best drinking partner I've ever had.

Comment

• Treba im sad i neko novi da vitla zastavom. Mogao bi Feli, on bi to lepo znao odraditi

Comment

• Originally posted by altlosta View Post
                                Treba im sad i neko novi da vitla zastavom. Mogao bi Feli, on bi to lepo znao odraditi
                                Braca Gasol, na smenu
                                It is not the violence that sets a man apart.
                                It's the distance he's prepared to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X