WTA - Serena Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• For perspective, when #Serena first became No. 1, Federer hadn't won a major; Tennis Channel nor Twitter existed & Azarenka was 12 yrs old
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
      with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojanaBG View Post
        Bakica

Comment

• DOHA, Qatar - Serena Williams' return to No.1 seemed inevitable given the results she has put together over the last year - here's what the WTA stars, including Williams herself, said about it all.

Maria Sharapova
          "It just shows you how the generations have shifted a bit. Five or 10 years ago you saw a lot of younger players achieving more success and winning Grand Slams. And now you see Li Na and Serena doing so well. I wouldn't say - I'm not going to use the word "old" because it's still quite young, but because they have been around for so many years, it's incredible. It just shows you how if you stay healthy and you're able to keep working hard, then you can still achieve all those things at that age. It's encouraging because I feel like I have so many more years ahead of me. I'm not sure until 32, but you never know."

Petra Kvitova
          "That was one of the best matches for me this season - so I'm glad how I played, but of course I'm disappointed I lost. But I'm really glad Serena is No.1 now. She played so well last season - she won almost everything - and it took some time for her to get to No.1, but she deserves it for sure."

Samantha Stosur
          "Regardless of how old she is, I think the way she's been playing the last year, especially the last what, six, seven months, I think she deserves to be No.1 at the moment. To go through winning a couple of Grand Slams, the WTA Championships, the Olympics and all that, you probably should be No.1 in the rankings. I think the way she's been able to come back and commit herself back to the tennis and play the way she can, it's obviously fantastic for her and I think it's obviously good for the sport."

And finally...

Serena Williams
          On the dramatic win over Kvitova...
          "I was just stuck in there, and I never gave up. I always feel like if I can just keep fighting and just try to do it... I definitely wasn't playing great, but with that being said, I think Petra played unbelievable. She was hitting shots I had no chance to get. I don't think anyone on this tour could have gotten them. I'm not slow at all, by any means, and I just couldn't even reach a lot of the shots she hit tonight.

"That's also encouraging, because I'm going to go home and work harder."

On whether she ever thought she wouldn't be able to get to No.1 again...
          "A lot. A lot. There were times I never thought I'd even play again. Then I thought I'd never be able to win tournaments or Grand Slams again. No.1 was so far off. I mean, it was always a dream - I was No.1 when tragedy struck, and it was just an awful thing to happen. I'm so happy I'm back."

On keeping her emotions in check - until that fateful on-court interview...
          "I didn't want to get into talking too much about No.1. I think I would have put too much pressure on myself, 'All you have to do is get to the semis.' But I had tough matches to play to get there.

"I didn't expect that reaction at all afterwards. I didn't expect that reaction. It was completely surprising to me, but it was nice. It was really genuine, and it felt good, and completely unexpected.

"I just thought I'd be happy and move onto the next round - my reaction was completely unexpected."

On her longevity...
          "I don't know. I've never played every week - I've never played 30 tournaments in a year. I didn't play juniors, so I didn't travel the world and get burned out early. I went to school. I had a couple of unfortunate injuries that put me out for a year. Maybe that helped at the end of the day."

On hanging onto No.1 now...
          "It's very important for me. I think it's important for everyone at the top. Everyone's trying and playing so well and so consistent, and no one is really losing early. I'm the only one that lost pretty early in Australia. There are two top players that are just playing so well, and so consistent.

"It's not as lonely as it looks at the top."

Comment

• What happened at Indian Wells?
            http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...oel&id=3952939

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Opusten zreb za Serenu Mogla bi da padne titula

Comment

• Bestest ever

Comment

• Comment

• My goal is to win a match at Roland Garros this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jigsaw92 View Post
                          Žena se sprda s ostatkom WTA tura

Comment

• Trebalo bi da joj ovi iz WTA daju da je dok igra UVIJEK broj 1 i da igra one turnire koje hoce,to bi bilo najposhtenije prema njoj !
                            SignaturE se cheka ...sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shpageti View Post
                              Trebalo bi da joj ovi iz WTA daju da je dok igra UVIJEK broj 1 i da igra one turnire koje hoce,to bi bilo najposhtenije prema njoj !
                              Hhahah realno!

Comment

• Polufinale sa Venus Konacno!

Comment

Working...
                                X