X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigpic

Comment

• POGBA returns

From the first moment he came through the doors of the treatment room (where players got strappings before training) I sensed there was something different about the kid.
      Manchester United had taken him from Le harve and this was big news in France as Paul was highly rated. I had heard we had gone to great lengths to get his signature, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

He was a tall gangly teenager (similar to myself at the same age) but he had a confident swagger in the way he carried himself, one of a nice determined confidence.
      With very little time of him being there, the young players who had trained with him and the coaches were raving about the ability and maturity he possesed.

So I took a keen interest in watching him along with the ridiculously talented Ravel Morrison.
      His stature on the pitch made him immediately stand out, but he passed gracefully over all distances and had feet like a ballerina with a ball at his feet & he could score goals from outside the box too.

Paul knew what he wanted - he wanted to be the best player that his ability would allow. He knew hard work alligned with his natural talent would go a long way to getting him there. You could see he had a pure love of the game, always around to do freestyle skills before & after training, extra work on the training ground on various areas of his game and importantly you could see he was his own man, not a follower, someone who would not be influenced by others.

I remember going over to watch a group of the youth team players training and thought they werent training in a complete professional manor and saw Paul, Ravel & Januzai all sat down chatting as everyone was going inside so I strolled over and got stuck into them a bit, asking "do you guys want to be top players, do you think switching on your efforts in training on & off are going to make the manager think you should be with the first team"?

They all could see the wrongs in their behaviour but I remember Paul saying he should be there with the first team anyway! That confidence in his own ability stood out above everything for me.

Once he got over with the first team on a regular basis I remember Scholesy hacking him to the floor almost every session and Paul looking around as if to say what is this... It toughened him up im sure but also showed us he was brave and didnt shirk that other side of the game - his ability wasnt questioned by anyone of the first team... it's a young players temperament that the senior players and coaches wonder about with the kids stepping up - Paul had it.

We all know that he was allowed (reluctantly) to leave for Juventus but before he went, I stopped him in the corridor at Carrington and started to tell him he is making a mistake going there "the italian league is weaker, the stadiums arent full" etc, anything to deter him but he said the deal had been done.

I finished by saying "what do you want to be man, a top player at the best club or what"?? Paul looked at me calmly and replied "The best player in the world". I walked off stunned, not I want a chance, I need games... this boy was thinking way beyond that!

There it was again, that inner confidence oozing from him. Fast forward to now and he is en route (still a way to go to get to there) but well on his way & with the platform of Old Trafford he has a real oppurtunity to be the next Man Utd player after Cristiano Ronaldo to be crowned the best player in the world.

Man Utd need to build around a group of young hungry players like Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Pogba is the one to lead that group from the front - the only way he would want it.

Good luck Paul

Rio

#Pogback #mufc #juventus #pogba
      https://www.facebook.com/RioFerdinan...type=3&theater
      sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Lagano je Juventus nazvao odmorom. Jedan je SAF jbg, nikad necemo to shvatiti na pravi nacin, nikad.
          sigpic

Comment

• Da li je Drvenom samo trebao jedan sposoban menadzer da ga sutne u dupe da bi ovaj zavrsavao nemoguce dilove?
            sigpic

Comment

• Kad Pirlo kaze, to je to onda.

Comment

• Nenormalno sam srecan pa cak i da bude flop nad flopovima.
                sigpic

Comment

• Pogbinim dolaskom Utd se definitivno vraća tamo gde mu je mesto.
                  Jedva čekam početak PL.

Comment

• Comment

• Šta je to "Dab"
                      "When people get hurt, they learn to hate… when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow… and how you grow is up to you"

Comment

• Originally posted by saburo sakai View Post
                        Šta je to "Dab"
                        Moj Saburo. Dab je dance move
                        sigpic
                        "IF YOU CAN MEET WITH TRIUMPH AND DISASTER
                        AND TREAT THOSE TWO IMPOSTORS JUST THE SAME"

Comment

• Ode Jang u Palas izgleda.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by saburo sakai View Post
                            Šta je to "Dab"
                            Originally posted by maliajnstajn View Post
                            Moj Saburo. Dab je dance move
                            Originally posted by Vladan
                            SAFa niko nije mogao ni jednom da prezivi, Runi je to uradio dva puta. Masivan. Monumentalan. Bivsi. Pozdrav legendo, donesi Evertonu nemoguci san.
                            :vinjaksmajli:

Comment

• Bice i dalje tvrdi da Pogba ostaje, a vi kako hocete

Comment

• Originally posted by Vladan View Post
                                Ode Jang u Palas izgleda.
                                Ima platu 110k funti, za igrača koji bi bio rezerva velike pare, mada će mi biti žao što ide.
                                Takođe: Roho 70k, Džons 50k, Švajni 200k, MekNer 25k, Bleket 20k, Mata 140k. Spominjem ove igrače jer se najviše povezuju sa odlaskom, i nadam se da ćemo ih prodati sve sem Mate. A Švajni, pa jbg, 200 hiljada funti sedmično a redovno povrijeđen + dolazi Pogba, neće ni on imati ispod 200 hiljada.
                                Romero ima najbolji posao na svijetu, rezerva De Hei a plata od 50 hiljada teče

Comment

Working...
                                X