Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIEGO COSTA EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Chelsea have treated me like a criminal... I refuse to train with the reserves and could see out my contract unpaid and alone in Brazil

-Diego Costa invited Sportsmail into his family home for an exclusive interview
    -He was watching his Chelsea team being beaten at home in the Premier League
    -Costa was texted by Antonio Conte, telling him his Chelsea career was over
    -Costa admits his former manager Jose Mourinho called him to say good luck
    -He accuses Conte of lacking charisma, of being cold and distant with his players
    -He says he will never delete the text and feels he has been treated like a 'criminal'

Mere moments have passed since Sam Vokes headed Burnley into a 3-0 first half lead at Chelsea when there is a knock on the door at Diego Costa’s family home in north-eastern Brazil.
    Sportsmail has arrived unannounced and uninvited but, standing on the doorstep of his childhood home, Chelsea outcast Costa puffs out his cheeks and shakes his head.
    ‘It’s going well for Chelsea, isn’t it?’ he grimaces. ‘The red card changed the game but anyway, you’ve come a long way and I have nothing to hide. Come on in.’

So in we go, to be greeted with smiles and handshakes from Costa’s parents, Jose de Jesus and Josileide, and a small entourage of family friends.
    His father, known as Zeinha, is the man who named his son after Diego Maradona while Costa’s elder brother is Jair, after Jairzinho, the Brazilian icon of the 1970 World Cup.
    Perching himself on a chair in the garden, Costa smiles ruefully: ‘It’s been a strange summer.’ Strange is one word for it.
    After helping Chelsea to the Premier League title by scoring 20 goals in manager Antonio Conte’s first season at the club, Costa finds himself 5,000 miles from Stamford Bridge on the opening weekend of the new campaign.
    Costa’s summer began with a text message from Conte, informing him his Chelsea career was over. Costa has not been at Chelsea since the FA Cup final in May and, during a half-hour conversation, the striker delivers a blistering retort.
    He accuses Chelsea of treating him ‘like a criminal’ and refuses to rule out legal action. He says he will always keep Conte’s text message on his phone and claims the Chelsea manager ‘lacks charisma’. Costa also accuses Conte of blocking his contract negotiations in January.

Costa says he has been fined several weeks’ wages but is defying demands to return to train with the reserves. The Spain international insists he wants a transfer to Atletico Madrid resolved this month and that, meanwhile, he is ready to see out his Chelsea contract unpaid and train alone near his home in Brazil.
    Jose Mourinho, Costa’s former manager at Chelsea, once described Lagarto - the player’s hometown - as so remote that it sits ‘beyond the sunset’. Located 80 miles inland from the coastal city of Aracaju, the capital of the Brazilian state of Sergipe, it is a modest place of refuge.
    Lagarto has just over 100,000 inhabitants and is known for its farms growing cassava and tobacco but Diego Costa is the biggest show in town.
    A life-size graffiti mural of Costa in Chelsea blue gleams on one streetside wall. Over the past month, images have emerged of Costa going for a Jet Ski ride with his dog, attending the circus and partying in an Atletico shirt.

His family have never moved house. ‘Only renovated,’ he grins. ‘You don’t forget where you came from.’
    The mantelpiece bears mementos of life in England and Spain, including his trophy for making the PFA Team of the Year, man-of-the-match awards from games against Everton and Crystal Palace and the Zarra prize as the Spaniard who scored most goals in La Liga in 2014.
    As the final moments of Chelsea’s 3-2 defeat by Burnley play out, his father peeks round the door. Zeinha shakes his head. Costa says: ‘They are two players down, to be fair, Dad.’ Another friend pops by: ‘Bring back Diego!’ he laughs. Costa grimaces.
    As Chelsea chase the game, Costa’s intensity builds. David Luiz makes it 3-2 with two minutes left. Costa is off the settee and celebrating, dropping his phone.
    ‘The Premier League is the top. These moments, chasing a game, with seconds to spare. It’s what we live for. You saw Arsenal against Leicester? Madness. Then Liverpool? 3-3, last minute! Rooney has scored for Everton!I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t miss those moments.’
    sigpic

Comment

• Jese iz PSG u Stoke na pozajmici, a Joselu izgleda u Newcastlu iz Stoke-a. Nije dobro za Mitrovića...

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• "What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." - Sir Bobby Robson

Comment

• Comment

• Odjednom navijaci Liverpula bijesne i na Klopa jer se svi vise prica da su on i Kutinjo u ocajnim odnosima poslednjih pola godine. Kutinjo voli klub, ali nikako i rad sa Klopom. I dalje se prica da klub ne zeli da ga proda, a i ako ga proda to ce biti zbog Klopa. RAWK i tw luduju poslednja dva dana zbog Klopa.
              sigpic

Comment

• Ne vjerujem da je to istina, mozda su ti losi odnosi krenuli zadnjih par nedelja, ali pola godine.. Davno bi ga Klop prodao i doveo zamjenu.

Comment

• Ma Vladan tipicni ''Djavo'', siri propagandu protiv LFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouser View Post
                    Ma Vladan tipicni ''Djavo'', siri propagandu protiv LFC.
                    I Arsenala i Sitija i Totenhema Miroljubiv neki čovek
                    sigpic

#PRAVDA ZA BRAĆU

Comment

• Hahahahaha ne, ne, ovo je ono o cemu se prica, ali da ga nema u najvaznijoj utakmici mozda i sezone je jasan pokazatelj sta se desava. Ili ga kaznjavaju na neki nacin ili je sve sa Barsom zavrseno, mada ako ce da ga kazne onda trebaju da ga ubace na teren minut samo i on ne moze da igra za Barsu u LS

Cak i Balag koji svrsava na spanske gigante kaze da Liverpul ne zeli da ga proda, ali izjava Klopa je bila takva kao da je gone.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ni ja ne vjerujem da je Klop u losim odnosima sa Kutinjom. Brazilci su generalno losi za neku ozbiljnost jer vecina njih voli opuštenost nisu displinovani i ne vole uopste disciplinu. Klop je sam po sebi opusten lik i uglavnom ga je u svim klubovima krasila dobra saradnja sa svojim igračima.

Comment

• Kontam da je Kutinjo odlučio da ide i da nije tu krivac ni Klop ni Liverpul prosto Barselona je Barselona.Malo buđav potez sa njegove strane ali jbg otvorila se ta opcija da zameni Nejmara i da bude jedna od najvećih zvezda Brazila samo zato što igra u Barseloni i da je to odlučilo.Nije Klopara profil trenera koji će da ulazi u probleme sa igračima kao Murinjo.
                          sigpic

#PRAVDA ZA BRAĆU

Comment

• Zapravo svasta je dolazilo posle onog raspada u Borusiji kad su bili poslednji na polusezoni, pa su proigrali kad je bilo jasno da odlazi, bila je prica tada i da su igraci nezadovoljni i da je Jirgen postao klub, da je veci od kluba, control freak i sl. U svakom slucaju njegovo histericno ponasanje i nervoza su jasno vidljivi u Liverpulu, no o tome smo vec pricali.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Klop je harizmatičan lik, to nikakve veze sa opuštenošču nema. I naprotiv, čini se nerijetko nervozan i eksplozivan, čak bi rekao da je to u neku ruku dio te harizme. Ali da je opušten, nije, baš ni najmanje.
                              " I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with trophies? "

Comment

• Vazda je takav bio, ali ono zna da se zajebava, da se sali na klipi, smije pa ljudi smatraju da je sve dio soua. Ipak da je masu nervozan tip, nervozan je. I sigurno ga ispizde igrace na treningu i tokom utakmica, pa Kutinjo je sve samo disciplinovan igrac, nema nista cudno da ne slusa bas sto mu se prica

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X