X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stivens 16ti

Kakve gluposti...
    Last edited by Dule Krtola; 03-12-15, 14:58.

Comment

• MANOR SEATS A HOT TICKET TO F1 GRID IN 2016

Spoiler
      Manor has yet to confirm their 2016 driver line-up and with most teams having signed their drivers for next season, a seat with the backmarker outfit is a much desired ticket to the F1 grid.

Although Roberto Merhi returned to the car for the 2015 finale in Abu Dhabi, he was only filling in for new regular Alexander Rossi as the American completed his GP2 campaign.

“I think I’ve shown I am capable of being in F1 and I’m confident of keeping the seat,” Rossi said in Abu Dhabi.

The other cockpit has been occupied all year by Briton Will Stevens, and he admitted: “I think everything is looking good for next year.

“I’m pretty comfortable with where I am and where we are with the team,” he added.

It is believed Manor has ramped up its asking price for the cockpits for 2016, given the move from 2014-spec Ferrari power to up-to-date Mercedes engines for 2016.

Auto Motor und Sport reports that the price per seat for 2016 is $10 million.

“As the competitiveness of the team should go up, so does the price,” Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff admitted in Abu Dhabi.

Wolff was commenting on the price of a Manor seat because he has been trying to find a place for Pascal Wehrlein, the 2015 Mercedes reserve and DTM champion. But he suggested that $10 million is too big a price to pay.

“We have a driver budget, but not on this scale,” he told Auto Motor und Sport.

Mercedes has also signed another tester, Esteban Ocon, for 2016, with Wolff saying last week: “It could mean both of them ending up in a testing role, in a reserve role and in a DTM role, so it’s not done yet.”

Auto Motor und Sport also claims that the new development role at Williams for Lance Stroll, the son of Canadian billionaire Lawrence, is costing no less than $6 million.

Izvor:grandprix247.com

Pirelli explains free tyre choice system

Spoiler
      Formula 1 tyre supplier Pirelli has released more details about how its new free choice system will work next year, following its approval by the FIA on Wednesday.

F1 teams are to given greater choice of tyre compounds next year, with them able to pick 10 of the 13 sets available for the race weekend from a selection of three types picked by Pirelli.

Interestingly, teams will be able to vary the selection between its drivers too.

Here is how the selection and weekend rules will work.

Pre-race tyre nominations and preparations

In consultation with the FIA, Pirelli will decide in advance which three compounds can be used at each race, and communicate this information to the teams.

The total number of sets that can be used during practice, qualifying and racing remains the same as it is currently: 13.

Pirelli will nominate two mandatory race sets for each car. Furthermore, one set of the softer compound will have to be kept for use in Q3 only.

The two mandatory sets chosen by Pirelli can be of two different compounds, from the three that have been nominated for the race weekend. These sets will obviously be identical for each team.

The remaining 10 sets can be chosen by each team, from the three compounds nominated for the race weekend.

The teams will make their choices within a deadline set by Pirelli. They will communicate their choices to the FIA, which will in turn tell Pirelli how many tyres to produce.

The choices for each car will remain secret until two weeks before the race. If a team does not meet the deadline, the choice will be made by the FIA.

Once the choices for each car have been made, the FIA will continue to assign the tyres randomly via a barcode, as is the case currently.

The choices made by each team can vary for each of its cars: so each driver within a team can have a different allocation.

The tyres will be distinguished by different coloured markings on the sidewalls, as is currently the case.

During the race

Teams will still have to give back tyres according to a certain schedule, but they can decide which tyres to give back at the following times:

- One set after the first 40 minutes of FP1
      - One set at the end of FP1
      - Two sets at the end of FP2
      - Two sets at the end of FP3

The two mandatory sets nominated by Pirelli cannot be given back during practice and must be available for use in the race. At least one of these two sets must be used during the race – but the teams can decide which one.

The top 10 at the end of qualifying will still have to give back the set of the softer compound nominated for Q3, and start the race on the tyres with which they set their fastest time in Q2 (the same rule as is the case currently).

All other drivers will be able to use the set that is saved for Q3 during the race.

Izvor: motosport.com

Dennis downplays sponsor exodus at McLaren

Spoiler
      Ron Dennis has played down the recent exodus of major sponsors from McLaren, and in particular the departure of the iconic Tag Heuer brand, which is joining Red Bull Racing next year.

Since Vodafone stopped at the end of 2013, the team has been without a title sponsor, and subsequently other names have since decided to part company with the Woking outfit.

Hugo Boss moved to Mercedes this season, while Johnnie Walker is expected to be prominent at Force India in 2016.

"Thing are rarely as they appear to be," said Dennis. "Certainly in this instance the simple fact is that we didn't lose Vodafone, they chose to stop.

"There's a big difference, because big corporations have senior management changes, and it's inevitable when you have senior management changes they have a different perspective.

"It's opportunistic for the chief marketing officers to lobby for different directions, and in respect of Vodafone we were just caught up in these changes."

Dennis was keen to point out that Tag Heuer, which could name Red Bull's Renault engines next year, was not of huge financial significance to the team.

"Let's go to the one which has got phenomenal headlines, I don't know why, the Tag Heuer brand. This is a brand that we've been associated with for a very long time.

"We actually had equity and involvement, I myself controlled the sales and marketing of that company in the early days, I was a shareholder in the company.

"It went through a variety of iterations, changes of ownership, and whilst the thread of history got pulled tighter and tighter, the current chief executive and I fundamentally disagreed about some things.

"I didn't share his view on his radical approach to sponsorship, which I thought was inappropriate for our brand, let alone his.

"There was a particular moment in Monte Carlo that I didn't particularly feel was positive. Plus that thread was taut, and the numbers declined over a period of time.

"One thing you may not have realised was that the LVMH group had within it another brand, which is the Hennessey Moet brand. I never give away numbers but I can tell you that our relationship under that brands is multiples more valuable than the financial situation with Tag Heuer."

Cheaper deals

Dennis admitted his frustration that as the team has struggled on the track sponsors have tried to negotiate cheaper deals.

"There's other challenges which is as you start to wrestle with competitiveness, inevitably people start to use that to optimise their commercial relationship with the team. And I'm very robust on rate card.

"You don't need to be an Einstein to know that the environment for F1 and for sport overall is challenging, I don't think you've seen a new sponsor at Ferrari for two years for example.

"Johnnie Walker, again executive change, different perception of what is and isn't valuable. We were deeply negotiating whether we should or shouldn't increase our involvement in alcohol, which is currently threatened by the same sorts of pressures and legislation that ultimately led to tobacco being out of F1.

"I'm quite optimistic about the discussions that we're having, but I think it's just better to wait and see how we start next season. Do I lose sleep over it? No I don't."

Dennis insisted that the McLaren Group as a whole is healthy: "We're strong, very strong financially. The equity value of our organisation is now well over £1bn, and all of our businesses are profitable.

"Our Technology company, where we lost last year, we'll pull a nominal profit this year. There were a lot of non-recurring costs last year as we transcended from Mercedes.

"Mercedes were pretty severe on us fiscally in the last year, and we had a lot of restructuring costs, things like that."

Izvor: motosport.com

Malbuner Power Slice becomes Premium Partner of the Sauber F1 Team

Spoiler
      The Sauber F1 Team is pleased to announce Malbuner Power Slice as a Premium Partner for the 2016 FIA Formula One Championship. Alexander Ospelt, President of the Board of Directors Ospelt Gruppe, which Malbuner is part of, as well as Monisha Kaltenborn, CEO and Team Principal of the Sauber F1 Team, signed the respective contract at the factory in Liechtenstein.

The Malbuner Power Slice is the recent innovation of the Malbuner brand. It is the spicy version of sweet snacks and belongs to the “on the go” convenience trend. The logo will be visible on the rear wing end plates of the Sauber C35-Ferrari.

Monisha Kaltenborn, Team Principal of the Sauber F1 Team:
      “The partnership connects two traditional family businesses which have common principles and values. These include experience in their fields over a long period of time, enthusiasm for whatever they do,exceptional ambition and the consequent development. Moreover, both have come from similar backgrounds, have to face similar challenges and their high ambitions are to be innovators.”

Alexander Ospelt, President of the Board of Directors Ospelt Gruppe:
      “This commitment connects two family businesses and two entrepreneurial thinking owners. Common values as well as experience over a long period of time, exceptional efficiency and the consequent relationship forms a cooperation that works perfectly.”

About Malbuner/Ospelt Gruppe
      The Ospelt Group is a family business which acts with modern management principles. The home brand Malbuner has been very successful for 45 years. Overall 1,800 employees work in five locations. The Malbuner Power Slice is the recent innovation and serves the megatrend “on the go”.

Izvor: sauberf1team.com

Renault completes takeover of Lotus F1 team

Spoiler
      Renault is poised to confirm it will remain in Formula 1 after finally completing its purchase of Lotus, Autosport understands.

Almost 10 weeks after announcing it had signed a letter of intent regarding the potential acquisition of Lotus, and months after negotiations initially started, it now appears the final hurdles have been crossed and the deal has been signed.

Over the course of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend, the deal appeared to be in the balance, with talks taking place between F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone and Renault Sport president Jerome Stoll.

On the table was the need to find a compromise solution over Renault receiving a share of the constructors' championship bonus and historical payments.

That resulted in Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn spending the last few days assessing Ecclestone's final financial offer, with the 61-year-old believed to have now given the green light.

In means Renault will be back in F1 as a constructor for the first time since 2011, returning to Enstone where it enjoyed many years of success.

Over the past few weeks Renault staff have already been working in a number of areas at the team's facilities, which have altered markedly over the preceding four years.

"I've obviously my steer on it, but as far as I'm concerned they [Renault] are buying a much better team than when they left," Lotus CEO Matthew Carter told Autosport.

"For all their faults, and people have had lots to say about Genii and its ownership, but they've invested heavily in the place.

"From when Renault sold the team, the windtunnel is much improved, there is now a driver-in-the-loop simulator, while other areas of the factory have been upgraded.

"That was all done prior to me arriving. Since I arrived, from the financial side, whilst it has been super-challenging - certainly the last few months - they're picking up a business that is in pretty good shape financially.

"I always try and look at things from both sides, and it always seemed like a good deal from day one.

"It has been frustrating that it has taken so long to get it over the line, but they have bought a team that really can compete.

"As far as I'm concerned - and we've shown it - we can compete on a budget as well, without the hundreds of millions of pounds from the big boys."

The latter point was underlined by Lotus finishing sixth in the constructors' championship, even though there was very little car development in the second half of the season while the Renault talks were ongoing.

Carter added: "I'm sure you saw the new nose we managed to get to Abu Dhabi.

"That nose had been virtually ready for six months, but it was never a priority to get that onto the car because of the way we have been running the place.

"It's testament to the team, to the people at Enstone, that we have been able to do what we have done."

Izvor:autosport.com

FIA APPROVE UNPRECEDENTED 21 RACE F1 CALENDAR

Spoiler
      The International Automobile Federation (FIA) said it had approved a the 2016 Formula One calendar with a record 21 races and just one change from the previous one, the new version pairing Mexico with Texas instead of Brazil.

The US Grand Prix in Austin remained in doubt after the dates were published with an asterisk against the Texas race due to doubts about funding.

The race in Austin, scheduled for October 23, is subject to agreement with the promoter and national sporting authority. Mexico was brought forward from November 6 to October 30.

That change had been sought by Mexican organisers, whose grand prix returned to the calendar this season after a 23-year absence and drew a crowd of 135 000 on race days.

The earlier date means it will again be just before the national Day of the Dead holidays.

This year’s US Grand Prix at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas was hit by torrential rain and suffered a further financial setback when news emerged of a reduction in the subsidy paid by Texas state authorities.

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone expressed concern for the future of the race last month after reports the subsidies were being reduced by more than 20 percent to around $19.5 million.

“If it’s changed, it’s going to be difficult to continue the race in Austin,” he had told the Austin American-Statesman.

“To use a technical term, I think we’re screwed,” Circuit of the Americas chairman Bobby Epstein, who has to pay Ecclestone a significant annual sum in race hosting fees, had told the same newspaper. “The big question now is: ‘Is the race coming back’.”

The Austin circuit is Formula One’s first purpose-built track in the United States and has hosted a grand prix since 2012.

Provisional 2016 Formula 1 calendar:

March 20 – Australia (Melbourne)
      April 3 – Bahrain
      April 17 – China (Shanghai)
      May 1 – Russia (Sochi)
      May 15 – Spain (Barcelona)
      May 29 – Monaco
      June 12 – Canada (Montreal)
      June 19 – Azerbaijan (Baku)
      July 3 – Austria (Spielberg)
      July 10 – Britain (Silverstone)
      July 14 – Hungary (Budapest)
      July 31 – Germany (Hockenheim)
      Aug 28 – Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
      Sept. 4 – Italy (Monza)
      Sept. 18 – Singapore
      Oct. 2 – Malaysia (Sepang)
      Oct. 9 – Japan (Suzuka)
      *Oct. 23 – United States (Austin)
      Oct. 30 – Mexico (Mexico City)
      Nov. 13 – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
      Nov. 27 – Abu Dhabi
      Last edited by Dule Krtola; 04-12-15, 15:31.

Comment

• Ono kad pokušavaš da skontaš nova pravila za izbor guma...

Comment

• Teške gluposti... Prva dvojica i đene-đene, posle toga... Ok, jedino se još za Maldonada slažem...

Comment

• Ma lupali ljudi.
            Inace zvanicno Reno kupio Lotus.

Comment

• RENAULT ARE BACK IN F1 AS FULL WORKS TEAM

Spoiler
              Renault will return to Formula 1 as a constructor next year after signing key contracts late Thursday to acquire the struggling Lotus team.

Announcing the move, a big boost for the sport after months of uncertainty, the French carmaker’s chief executive Carlos Ghosn said he wanted the team to be competitive by 2019.

“Renault had two options: come back 100 percent or leave completely,” he said in a statement. “After detailed analysis, I made my decision: Renault will be present in Formula One from 2016.”

Renault signed a letter of intent in September to take a controlling stake in British-based Lotus, the team it previously owned but sold in late 2009 after a race fixing scandal involving the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

Lotus, who employ some 480 staff at their factory in Prime Minister David Cameron’s constituency near Oxford, have struggled financially and were facing legal action and possible administration over unpaid taxes.

They had been due back in the London High Court next Monday. Ghosn said work was under way to implement as quickly as possible the agreement concerning the acquisition, and key contracts had been signed on Thursday.

“Lotus appeared the best team to partner. We’ve known each other for 15 years and we were world champions together in 2005 and 2006,” the statement said.

The team, which also won world championships with Michael Schumacher under the Benetton guise in 1994 and 1995 before becoming Renault, were renamed Lotus in 2011.

Sponsored mainly by Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA, with Venezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado confirmed for next season alongside British rookie Jolyon Palmer, Lotus finished fourth overall in 2013 but slumped to eighth in 2014 with just 10 points.

They ended the 2015 season that finished last weekend a respectable sixth, despite minimal investment and frequent financial obstacles in their way.

Bailiffs impounded their cars after the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa and they were locked out of their paddock hospitality in Japan due to unpaid bills.

“Our ambition is to win even if it will take time,” Ghosn said. He told Le Figaro newspaper he expected the team to be competitive within three years.

Getting back into Formula One would give the group crucial exposure to emerging markets, notably Brazil, its second market, and Russia, where it is looking to win back market share, he said.

“In the world there are 450 million annual television spectators,” he said. “That’s very important and Renault will be the only generic make present in Formula One with its own team.”

Renault have provided engines this season to Red Bull, with whom they won four championships in a row between 2010 and 2013, and sister team Toro Rosso.

That relationship has been stretched to breaking point this year due to Renault’s failure to match the performance of dominant champions Mercedes in the new V6 turbo hybrid era.

Neither team was mentioned in the statement although Ghosn told Le Figaro talks were ongoing with Red Bull to provide it with an engine for next season. Toro Rosso are set to switch to Ferrari power.

Full statement:

Carlos Ghosn announces his decision that Renault will return to Formula 1 with its own team for 2016 season.
              Renault, 12-time Constructors’ Champion with nearly 40 years in the sport, is an iconic brand in Formula 1 and intends to play an active role in the sport’s development.
              F1 is a technology showcase and accelerates development of Renault’s innovation and range of sports cars.
              Following the September announcement of the signing of a Letter of Intent with Lotus, teams at Renault continued to evaluate the possibility of a return to Formula 1. Particular attention was paid to competing successfully with its own team in a financially sound way starting in 2016.

“Renault had two options: to come back at 100 percent or leave. After a detailed study, I have decided that Renault will be in Formula 1, starting 2016. The final details supplied by F1’s main stakeholders gave us the confidence to accept this new challenge. Our ambition is to win–even if it will take some time,” said Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO, Renault.

As a full team, Renault will take maximum benefit from its victories. The payback as an engine supplier proved to be limited. The return on the investment necessitated by the new engine regulations and the return in terms of image were low.

Work continues on finalizing the terms of the acquisition of the Lotus F1 Team in the shortest timeframe possible. The principal contracts were signed on December 3, 2015. The Lotus F1 Team effectively stands out as the best partner. Renault and Lotus F1 have known each other for 15 years and were world champions together in 2005 and 2006.

Renault has had uninterrupted involvement in Formula 1 for almost 40 years. In 1977, it revolutionised the championship with the introduction of turbocharging, a technique that soon became the norm in the sport. Renault has since taken part in more than 600 grand prix, claiming 168 race wins, 12 Constructors’ titles and 11 Drivers’ crowns.

Renault’s decision to continue its involvement in Formula 1 is confirmation that it sees motorsport as an essential part of the brand’s identity. Formula 1 is the ultimate symbol of the passion for automobiles. Passion defines Renault as expressed by its brand signature, ‘Passion for Life’.

In addition to attracting many customers, Formula 1 also fuels employee motivation. As the pinnacle of motor sport, Formula 1 demands technological and operational excellence. The championship serves as a showcase for the technological expertise that Renault dials into its products for the benefit of its customers.

Formula 1 is a means for Renault to accelerate development and remain at the forefront of the sport’s technological progress. It simultaneously allows Renault to build bridges between the advanced technologies seen in the world championship and its road cars, particularly in the fields of electric and hybrid vehicles.

Consistent with its commitment to F1, Renault will develop its range of sports cars by stepping up investment in order to be active on every continent and in even more segments with vehicles that meet the needs of their different markets.

Formula 1 serves to promote awareness of the Renault brand and its image in all its markets across the world. Formula 1 is one of the sports that enjoys the most media coverage worldwide thanks to a following on five continents, particularly in emerging markets.

It attracts 450 million television viewers annually and its scope for growth is enormous thanks to opportunities founded on new technologies, social networks, video games, etc. that have yet to be fully exploited.

In January, we will provide more detailed information about Renault’s F1 programme ahead of the 2016 championship that begins next March.

Izvor: grandprix247.com

RED BULL POWERED BY TAG HEUER ENGINES IN 2016

Spoiler
              Red Bull on Friday confirmed it will continue to use Renault power in 2016, re-badged in the name of new Swiss watchmaker sponsor Tag-Heuer.

The announcement finally ends the team’s long-running engine supply crisis, having fallen out with Renault and been turned down by alternatives Mercedes, Ferrari and even Honda.

So as Tag-Heuer ends its long sponsorship deal with McLaren, the brand is now moving to Red Bull where it shall now be known as Red Bull’s power unit supplier.

In a statement, Red Bull admitted it is a “shift away from F1’s conventional supply systems”.

“Tag Heuer and Red Bull are two transcendent brands which have both a passion for racing and a drive to do things differently, and this unique collaboration is further evidence of that,” said team boss Christian Horner.

“We are also pleased to see Renault confirm its long-term commitment to F1 and would like to thank them for their contribution to the team since 2007. Their technical partnership with Ilmor gives us confidence, and we look forward to the 2016 season,” he added.

Full statement:

From the milliseconds that separate victory from defeat to the finely balanced and perfectly measured rhythm of a racing engine, in motorsport timing is everything.

As the curtain falls on the 2015 Formula One season and the sport gears up for next year’s challenge, the timing is right for Red Bull Racing to reveal that the team’s 2016 F1 car will race with a power unit carrying the name of motorsport’s most iconic timing brand – TAG Heuer.

The new partnership, which represents a shift away from F1’s conventional supply systems, will see TAG Heuer take up naming rights of the team’s power unit, which will be supplied by Renault. The new car will be christened the Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer RB12.

Deepening the relationship between the team and the legendary timing house, which can call on more than half a century of heritage at the cutting edge of motorsport, TAG Heuer will become the Official Timekeeper, Official Watch Partner and Team Performance Partner of the Red Bull Racing team from 2016 in a multi-year partnership.

Welcoming the new partnership, Christian Horner, Team Principal, Red Bull Racing, said: “TAG Heuer and Red Bull are two transcendent brands which have both a passion for racing and a drive to do things differently, and this unique collaboration is further evidence of that. TAG Heuer has been an icon in the world of Formula One for many years and we’re delighted that they’ve chosen to continue their association with the sport by teaming up with us. Our shared values of innovation and a desire to stand out from the crowd make this one of the most exciting partnerships in F1. We are also pleased to see Renault confirm its long-term commitment to F1 and would like to thank them for their contribution to the team since 2007. Their technical partnership with Ilmor gives us confidence, and we look forward to the 2016 season.”

Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of TAG Heuer and President of the LVMH Watch Division, added: “Formula One is deeply-rooted in TAG Heuer’s DNA, and Red Bull Racing is a young, dynamic and driven team, which perfectly fits with our marketing strategy. It will give TAG Heuer great visibility and allow us to make our partnership exciting, different and innovative. Our motto #DontCrackUnderPressure will be the guiding principle behind all our actions with the support of the Red Bull Racing team and its highly contagious enthusiasm.”

Toro Rosso confirms Ferrari engine deal

Spoiler
              The Toro Rosso team confirmed on Friday it will use year-old Ferrari engines during the 2016 Formula 1 season.

The move had been expected for some time, but it was only earlier this week that FIA approved a rule change that allows the Italian squad to return to Ferrari power units.

Manufacturers were unable to run two types of engines before the FIA rule change this week.

Toro Rosso will use the latest spec of the 2015 Ferrari engines next season, while sister team Red Bull will stay with Renault power units but badged TAG Heuer, as revealed earlier on Friday.

Faenza-based Toro Rosso used Ferrari power from 2007 to 2013, before switching to Renault units for the past two seasons.

The team finished the 2015 season in seventh place with 68 points, but its car was regarded as one of the best from an aerodynamic point of view.

Toro Rosso has also confirmed Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz will be retained.

"It's great to be working with Ferrari again," said team boss Franz Tost. "We had a fruitful relationship in the past and I'm sure it won't take long for us all to be working together very well again.

"It's true that time will be very tight for us to be ready for the first test, but we have the right team of people for this and I'm confident that together we will achieve a competitive package for next year – bring on 2016!"

Izvor: motorsport.com
              Last edited by Dule Krtola; 04-12-15, 16:07.

Comment

• RENAULT TO HAVE MERCEDES-SIZED BUDGET FOR F1

Spoiler
                Renault aim to power back to the front in Formula 1 with a Mercedes-sized annual budget, claims Auto Motor und Sport, following the announcement late last week that the French carmaker has decided to definitely buy Lotus.

It should mean the struggling Enstone team’s court date over unpaid tax bills on Monday is a mere formality.

That is because Renault will reportedly return to full works status with a Mercedes-like budget in the range of €200 to €250 million per year.

But the carmaker has been smart about the acquisition. It has retained Gerard Lopez as a shareholder, and secured €70-80 million from Bernie Ecclestone in recognition of Renault’s ‘historic’ status — meaning Renault is not actually forking out a dollar of its own to buy Lotus.

Not only that, it will get €30 million from Red Bull next year for the TAG Heuer-branded engine deal, while taking back the former quadruple world champions’ title sponsor Infiniti, a luxury division of Nissan.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner confirmed: “This new agreement (with Renault) does not cover any marketing activity for the Renault-Nissan alliance. We wish Infiniti all the best with their plans for the future.”

Moreover, Renault is expected to also run Total-branding in 2016, while pocketing the millions brought to the team by the heavily PDVSA-backed Pastor Maldonado.

2016, however, will be a transitional year, with Lopez saying next year’s car will be effectively “a Lotus-Mercedes with a Renault engine”.

VETTEL: COMPARING DRIVERS IS ALWAYS VERY DIFFICULT TO DO

Spoiler
                Quadruple F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel has declined to hit back at Lewis Hamilton’s recent jibe about his talent.

The new triple world champion recently said that because Vettel’s teammates Mark Webber and Kimi Raikkonen were and are not at their peak, “It’s difficult to assess how good he really is”.

When asked about Hamilton’s jibe, the German told Sonntagsblick newspaper: “I’m sure my teammates will be pleased to hear about that! I think in the end any comparison between drivers is always very difficult to do.”

Actually, while many critics earlier downplayed Vettel’s four world championships on the basis of Red Bull’s former dominance, the 28-year-old’s stock has undoubtedly risen during his strong first season at Ferrari.

“That is of course nice to hear,” Vettel said. “But what matters the most is that you are satisfied with your achievements yourself.

“On average, I am. The last year at Red Bull was not as bad as many made it out to be. For them [the critics], it is important that Vettel put on a different colour and returned to winning ways.”

What is clear, however, is that as Red Bull struggles to keep up with the might of Mercedes and Ferrari in the new ‘power unit’ era, the timing of Vettel’s move now appears inspired.

“In retrospect, you can say that. But at the time it was a leap into the unknown, as Red Bull was still the second strongest. But I think this year did not go well for them, so I can be happy with my decision,” he added.

Vettel was also asked by the Swiss newspaper how many times he has visited his mentor and friend Michael Schumacher since the F1 legend returned home to Switzerland.

“This is a very personal matter and nobody’s business,” the German insisted.

Indeed, Vettel is famously private, to the point that many of his fans do not even know his marital status or number of children.

“Never married, two children,” he admits. “I think if you look up the word ‘private’ in the dictionary, you get a clear definition.”

“Of course I can understand that today almost everyone reveals their private life, but my private life is mine. This has nothing to do with arrogance,” argued Vettel.

Brundle: Verstappen reminds me of Schumacher

Spoiler
                Former Grand Prix driver Martin Brundle says Max Verstappen possesses the same kind of skills that made Michael Schumacher a Formula 1 star.

Verstappen earned high praise for his debut season over the weekend - picking up three trophies at the FIA prize gala on Friday and being voted Rookie of the Year at the Autosport Awards on Sunday.

And Brundle, who presented Verstappen with the latter trophy, says there are similarities between the Dutchman and his former teammate Schumacher.

"What has impressed me about Max is his confidence," said Brundle on stage at the Autosport Awards.

"He has had a few crashes and some difficult times and somehow he has just rebounded from that.

"It has reminded me of Michael Schumacher crashing Nelson Piquet's spare Benetton at Suzuka [in 1991]. I thought, 'okay, now we will see how good Michael is.'

"Piquet was livid that he had crashed his car and the next lap through 130R, Schumacher was flat out. He was even faster that lap in his own car.

"It is that confidence, self belief and sheer speed - that is what I see in this young man and many others on track."

Brundle added that Verstappen's potential has marked him out as a championship contender in the very near future.

"The feel he has got with the car and the brake pedal - you see his overtaking moves and you think, I wish I had that on my CV. And he is just a teenager!

"I've said he will be in a world championship winning car by the time he is 20 years old, but I think I may have to revise that a little bit.

"I am sure there are a lot of top teams chasing his autograph on a contract."

Risky moves

Verstappen said that the best of his overtaking moves - including the pass on Felipe Nasr at Blanchimont that earned him an FIA award - were down to the fact he did not have the straight line speed to do passes on the straight.

"You need a bit of luck with the positioning and you need to give each other room but it is very difficult to explain how you do it," he said.

"You see the gap and you try to go for it. Some are a bit more risky than others, but if you look at the one from Spa it was very risky.

"But if I had to do it again I would certainly try again. With the top speed we had this season I would try to overtake in the corners."

MALDONADO AND PALMER AWAIT RENAULT DRIVER DECISION

Spoiler
                Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn has cast doubt upon the driver contracts agreed between Lotus and Pastor Maldonado and 2016 rookie Jolyon Palmer.

After months of delays, the French carmaker finally announced late this week that it will proceed with the buyout of the Enstone based team.

“It required several months of reflection, discussion and negotiation with partners and stakeholders of formula one,” Ghosn told the Paris daily Le Figaro.

During that delay, Lotus came close to financial collapse and agreed 2016 driver contracts with heavily backed drivers Maldonado, a controversial Venezuelan, and Briton Palmer for next year.

But when asked by Le Figaro if there will be a Frenchman at the wheel of a works Renault in 2016, Ghosn answered: “We will wait a few weeks. I refer to a meeting in January 2016, when we will explain the organisation, goals, strategy and we will also talk about drivers and partners.”

He also warned that Renault’s return to the top step of the podium may take some time, “Given the high motivation of our employees in Enstone and Viry, we will take three years to become competitive.”

“We will also continue to supply engines to other teams, but it will be according to the interests of our own team,” he added, referring to Red Bull who will re-brand their French-made engines as Tag-Heuer next year.

GROSJEAN WORK FOR HAAS STARTS AT MARANELLO

Spoiler
                Haas F1 driver Romain Grosjean is preparing to get to work on his future as soon as this month — by travelling to Maranello.

After a tough few months for the financially-ailing Lotus team, the Frenchman is switching to the new Ferrari-linked American project Haas for 2016.

Grosjean admits 2015 – particularly the latter half – has been difficult.

“The biggest problem was that we hardly brought updates to the car,” he told Auto Motor und Sport. “We finished the car basically with the Melbourne car.”

He said he will miss the team at Enstone, with whom he entered formula one as Renault back in 2009, but is now looking forward to the future.

Asked if Haas will be able to immediately take on opponents like Force India in 2016, Grosjean answered: “I think that with the partnership with Ferrari, we will have a good car.”

And a bonus, he admitted, is that it gives him a foot in the door at Maranello.

“It (driving for Ferrari) is a dream for any driver,” said Grosjean. “But first of all I want to be the driver who finally puts an American team on the way to success.”

When asked when he will start work, he answered: “As early as December. In Maranello. That’s where our wind tunnel and simulator are.”

Comment

• Showdown: Todt, Ecclestone and Mosley vs Marchionne

Jako zanimljiv tekst, puno je igrica iza kulisa, kao što i znamo...

Comment

• Tech Analysis: First look at F1's 'fastest ever' 2017 cars

Spoiler

Formula 1's 2017 cars are set to deliver more downforce than any other time in the sport's history, according to early data produced by the teams.

Motorsport.com's technical editor Giorgio Piola has drawn the above impression of what the new cars will look like – featuring the wider wings and tyres that have been a hallmark of the concept.

Early indications suggest that the cars will produce around 30 percent more downforce than the current 2015 challengers – which are already close to delivering at historic peaks.

It is estimated that drag levels will only increase by 10 percent too – contributing to the step forward in speed that was the key motive for the new design.

Wider machines

Although some details of the cars may yet be changed, the basic dimensions have been agreed by teams following months of discussions.

The tyres will be wider, going up to 300mm at the front (from 245mm) to 400mm at the rear (from 325mm).

The overall width of the car will increase from 1.8 metres to 2m, with the nose of the car being 20 centimetres longer.

The front wing will be 180cm and more rounded, with the rear wing widening from 80cm to 95cm – and being lowered to just 80cm from the ground.

Downforce will also be boosted by a much larger diffuser, which goes back to the kind of performance that was delivered prior to the 2014 regulations.

The flat bottom will end 33cm in front of the rear axle – rather than in line with it as happens now. It will also be deeper – 22 centimetres high rather than the 12.5cm we have now.

There will also be more scope for design innovation around the sidepods, with strict rules on the floor dimensions.

Harder to drive

The ultimate aim of the design is not only to make the cars faster, but also much more difficult to drive.

Williams performance chief Rob Smedley said recently that he was in no doubts the current cars were not challenging enough for drivers.

“They are a lot easier to drive, without a doubt. They are significantly easier to drive,” he said.

When asked if the challenge of harder cars was vital, he said: “I think it is important probably from a sport entertainment point of view.

“If the cars are too easy to drive, then perhaps we don't see the difference between the naturally talented driver and a mediocre driver.

“They are not as physically demanding, the braking points are a lot earlier, corner speeds and techniques are slower and easier respectively.

"So I think whether or not it is a good thing or a bad thing, you have to answer from that point of view. Are we seeing the difference between the drivers we should be seeing?”

JORDAN: MERCEDES AND FERRARI HAVE GAINED TOO MUCH CONTROL

Spoiler
                    Eddie Jordan has backed Bernie Ecclestone’s view that Formula 1 should usher an independent engine supplier onto the grid, while admitting his concern about how the big teams are starting to control the sport

Even though the F1 Commission derailed the supremo’s plan for ‘parallel’ engine rules recently, Ecclestone is still warning that the current situation – with Mercedes and Ferrari wielding enormous power – must change.

“This does not mean we want to drive the major manufacturers out of formula one — on the contrary,” Ecclestone told Die Welt newspaper.

“We just want a powerful engine that can be bought cheaply and each team can use it. And when I say ‘independent’ (supplier), I mean someone who is independent of the major car manufacturers.”

Eddie Jordan, the former team owner and boss of the independent team that is now known as Force India, backed Ecclestone in his push to redistribute the political power in formula one.

“I do not like how things have developed,” he is quoted by Speed Week as having said at an awards event in London.

“With all respect to Mercedes and Ferrari, they have gained too much control. The power must again be put with those people who support the independent teams, because they are the backbone of the sport.

“The major manufacturers come and go as they like, but formula one is defined by independent teams like Williams. And that is how it will be in ten years from now,” Jordan added.

BRIATORE: RENAULT NEEDS TO BE COMPETITIVE BECAUSE F1 IS DYING

Spoiler
                    Flavio Briatore has called on Renault to be ready to make an immediate impact on the “dying” sport when they return to Formula One in 2016.

The French outfit announced last week they had purchased the Lotus F1 Team in preparation for making their re-entry to Formula One in time for the 2016 world championship.

It is believed the French manufacturer hopes to be successful in the world drivers’ championship within three years.

But in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Briatore said that is too long in a sport that is currently “dying”.

After Sebastian Vettel’s four-year domination with Red Bull, Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes have been a class apart the last two years.

“Three years is too long, Formula One is dying and Renault needs to be competitive before then,” said Briatore, who was forced to resign from the ING Renault F1 team in 2009 due to his involvement in race fixing at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

“In saying that, they need to rebuild everything: reinforce the team’s technical structure in Enstone, where there’s a lot of good people, as well as the engine department at Viry-Chatillon. It won’t be easy.”

Renault’s planned driver line-up for 2016 sees Briton Jolyon Palmer, son of former Formula One driver Jonathan Palmer, succeeding departing Frenchman Romain Grosjean alongside Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado.

Renault chairman Carlos Ghosn said last week: “Renault had two options: to come back at 100 percent or leave. After a detailed study, I have decided that Renault will be in Formula 1, starting 2016.”

Briatore gave the move his backing, adding: “If Ghosn has decided to take this step, it obviously means he will put adequate resources into the project. It’s certainly good news for Renault, and for all of Formula One.”

Associated with the sport since 1977, Renault has two drivers and constructors titles to its name when Fernando Alonso won back to back championships in 2005-06.

Comment

• Opet spijunska afera u F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122187

Grid 2016

7 Kimi RAIKKONEN Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari TBA Ferrari V6 t h
                      5 Sebastian VETTEL Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari TBA Ferrari V6 t h
                      27 Nico HULKENBERG Sahara Force India F1 Team Force India VJM09 Mercedes V6 t h
                      11 Sergio PEREZ Sahara Force India F1 Team Force India VJM09 Mercedes V6 t h
                      8 Romain GROSJEAN Haas F1 Team Haas TBA Ferrari V6 t h
                      21 Esteban GUTIERREZ Haas F1 Team Haas TBA Ferrari V6 t h
                      TBA Manor Marussia F1 Team Marussia MR04 Mercedes V6 t h
                      TBA Manor Marussia F1 Team Marussia MR04 Mercedes V6 t h
                      14 Fernando ALONSO McLaren Honda McLaren MP4-31 Honda V6 t h
                      22 Jenson BUTTON McLaren Honda McLaren MP4-31 Honda V6 t h
                      44 Lewis HAMILTON Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team Mercedes F1 W07 Mercedes V6 t h
                      6 Nico ROSBERG Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team Mercedes F1 W07 Mercedes V6 t h
                      26 Daniil KVYAT Red Bull Racing Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h
                      3 Daniel RICCIARDO Red Bull Racing Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h
                      13 Pastor MALDONADO Renault F1 Team Renault TBA Renault V6 t h
                      Jolyon PALMER Renault F1 Team Renault TBA Renault V6 t h
                      9 Marcus ERICSSON Sauber F1 Team Sauber C35 Ferrari V6 t h
                      12 Felipe NASR Sauber F1 Team Sauber C35 Ferrari V6 t h
                      55 Carlos SAINZ Scuderia Toro Rosso Toro Rosso STR11 Ferrari V6 t h
                      33 Max VERSTAPPEN Scuderia Toro Rosso Toro Rosso STR11 Ferrari V6 t h
                      77 Valtteri BOTTAS Williams Martini Racing Williams FW38 Mercedes V6 t h
                      19 Felipe MASSA Williams Martini Racing Williams FW38 Mercedes V6 t h
                      Last edited by Alan; 08-12-15, 17:00.

Comment

• http://f1-serbia.com/najnovije/dodit...u-motogp-zurku

Comment

• VILLENEUVE: HAMILTON SHOWED THAT HE CANNOT BE HUMBLE

Spoiler
                          Jacques Villeneuve has slammed Lewis Hamilton for his behaviour since winning the world championship in October.After wrapping up the title, Hamilton’s earlier-dominant form mysteriously slumped just as teammate Nico Rosberg’s surged.

Also obviously slumping was the Briton’s mood, former Williams driver and 1997 F1 world champion turned television pundit Villeneuve claims.

“Maybe losing the world championship to Lewis in the United States GP changed him [Rosberg] psychologically,” Villeneuve told Motorsport-Magazin.

“I don’t know. But after that he was a killer. And Lewis reacted really badly and revealed a very negative side of his character. He showed that he cannot be humble.

“He has won three world championships but he could not be happy, behaving like a spoiled child who lost his toy. He has not behaved like a great champion,” the French-Canadian charged.

Also unimpressed with Hamilton late this year are former British F1 drivers Martin Brundle and Derek Warwick, who think the 30-year-old should have attended an awards ceremony in London.

Reports suggest Hamilton was instead in Canada to watch an NBA basketball game.

Brundle wrote on Twitter that Hamilton snubbing the ceremony was “sad”, as it only would have taken “20 minutes to at least thrill/motivate young drivers he once was. Unwritten obligation,” the Sky commentator said.

Warwick, who like Brundle also raced in the 80s and 90s, agreed: “100 per cent right mate. Very disappointing and lost a lot of respect (for Hamilton) last night”.

BUTTON: MCLAREN STAFF HAD LESSONS IN JAPANESE CULTURE

Spoiler
                          McLaren staff have had lessons in Japanese culture as the struggling team gets up to speed with works Honda power.

The Anglo-Japanese collaboration endured an abysmal 2015 campaign, with the bulk of the blame falling to Honda as it grapples with F1’s complex ‘power unit’ era.

But another problem, champion driver Jenson Button thinks, is the teething period in terms of re-acquainting Woking-based McLaren with the very Japanese way of doing things.

“A lot of the team have had lessons in trying to understand Japanese culture,” he is quoted by the Sun newspaper.

“They had proper lessons, not speaking Japanese, but to understand the culture, and that’s a very important thing to do,” added Button, whose wife Jessica is a Japanese model.

“There’s now a very good understanding between the Japanese engine engineers, who have never worked with Westerners before,” he said.

McLaren-Honda is hoping for a big step forward for 2016, but Button suggested it would be better if the team could have finished the race season and immediately got stuck into track testing.

“I’d prefer to keep on racing as there is more room for improvement but the regulations stop us,” he said.

“This season, it hasn’t gone wrong. It just hasn’t gone right. You hope for a lot but we’ve not achieved a lot. But the partnership between McLaren and Honda is now a lot stronger than it was to start with,” Button added.

Analysis: Mercedes vs. Ben Hoyle – a new Spygate?

Spoiler
                          This week's revelation that Mercedes is taking legal action against an outgoing employee has reignited memories of the famous McLaren/Ferrari 'Spygate' scandal from 2007.

But while the departing Mercedes power unit engineer at the centre of the latest 'spy' allegations may not be joining Ferrari after all, the ongoing legal case has put a sharp focus on the age old problem of how F1 teams and engine manufacturers protect their intellectual property.

Everything changed, of course, with 'Spygate', which resulted in $100m fine for the British team.

That investigation served to show just how much forensic computer experts could find out when they went trawling through a team's servers, and it taught everyone in the sport that if they misbehaved with confidential information, it wasn't easy to cover their tracks. Eventually, they would get caught.

The current situation serves as a wake-up call for both employers and employees, and the court documents submitted by Mercedes make for a fascinating case study.

Plus, as an added twist, it has now emerged that Hoyle might not be joining Ferrari anyway.

A Ferrari source told Motorsport.com that, while there had been discussions between the team and Hoyle, no agreement had been reached about him joining Maranello.

"There was some contact, but it was very informal," said the source. "It was with us and presumably with other teams. But there is no contract between Ferrari and Mr. Hoyle."

Highly rated

Hoyle is a well respected figure in the industry, as testimonies from former colleagues on his Linkedin page suggest. He worked for Prodrive from September 2001 to September 2008, latterly as Senior Engine Development Engineer on the Subaru rally team. After a spell at Pi Research, he moved to Cosworth in 2010, where he worked as Principal Formula 1 Engine Calibration Engineer.

In May 2012, he joined Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains as one of four Performance Application Team Leaders. He signed his current contract in December that year.

The court documents indicate, in great detail, what Hoyle's contractual obligations were in terms of confidentiality and so on, and outlined what would happen should he decide that he was going elsewhere.

In a document liberally laced with legal jargon, the well-known phrase “garden leave” is officially used to describe that process.

Mercedes also details its “USB Storage Pen Device Usage Policy,” which says that: “the devices provided by HPP will be the only devices for use under HPP IT security compliance and encryption requirements. The use of any USB devices other than those provided by HPP is strictly prohibited.”

In other words, everyone is told that you can't save data to any old memory stick, thus, in theory blocking the easiest way for someone to smuggle out information.

On May 21, 2014, Hoyle told his bosses that he would resign as of December 31, 2015. The court documents say that “sometime shortly after May 24, 2014, HPP became aware that Mr Hoyle intended to join Ferrari after leaving HPP.”

Despite the knowledge that he would be leaving to join a key rival, it was business as usual for almost 11 months, and Hoyle carried on with his usual F1 duties. It was only on April 16 this year that the picture changed.

Moved away from F1

On that day, Hoyle met with Owen Jones, his line manager and HPP's Head of Performance Engineering, and Michael Nash, the Head of Human Resources.

At the meeting Hoyle was told that he had now been assigned to duties unrelated to F1, essentially on the basis that his move to Ferrari was getting closer. He was due to work out the remaining 37 weeks of his contract with no ongoing involvement with the F1 project and, crucially, no access to past data.

Mercedes says that Hoyle was informed that he “should not view or try to access information relating to F1 projects,” and that “the purpose of placing him on alternative duties was to protect HPP's intellectual property, and prevent him being put under pressure to disclose technical information to Ferrari.”

On the same day, Hoyle was sent a letter confirming that HPP “wished to manage the intellectual property that you are exposed to,” and that doing other projects would ensure that he would be “simply unaware of our latest technical development.”

Thus, from April 17 Hoyle was assigned to road car and DTM projects.

This is standard stuff, the sort of thing that happens all over the racing business. Anyone changing teams knows that at some stage they will be cut off from the flow of current information, and any future employer knows that their new man will be going through that sort of process.

Some people are completely cast adrift; Hoyle, at least had a job to go to, and something to do with his time.

Mercedes reveals some fascinating details about extra steps that it takes in such situations.

Hoyle had to hand over his original HPP laptop, and he was given a replacement that had been “rebuilt” so there was no data remaining from its previous user.

His factory swipe card no longer gave him physical access to the F1 department at Brixworth. He was even assigned a new company email address, so that he didn't receive any F1 information by accident, and new log-in details, so that he couldn't access “the F1 restricted areas of HPP's computer network.”

However, Mercedes alleges that Hoyle did not comply with those restrictions, and broke the company rules even before he was moved away from the F1 project, by improperly taking or downloading data.

Mercedes appears to have first discovered that there was an issue on September 23. On that day, he was apparently caught reading a report on the Hungarian GP, to which he should not have had access.

The court documents say: “Mr Hoyle opened on his laptop screen the Hungarian Grand Prix race report.

"When Mr Hoyle's former line manager, Owen Jones, approached Mr Hoyle's desk where the race report was visible on Mr Hoyle's laptop, Mr Hoyle disconnected the cable supplying power to the laptop, thereby shutting down the laptop. Mr Hoyle did this in an attempt to conceal his wrongdoing.”

This incident triggered a major investigation that ultimately involved 167 man hours of HPP personnel time, as well as input from two forensic computer analysis firms, Stroz Freidberg and CCL.

Their conclusions are set out in detail, and it's not just about computers. It's claimed that Hoyle “removed from HPP's premises the hardcopy documents listed in Schedule A [the list is not in the public domain], each of which contains confidential F1 information.”

The main allegations concern documents that Hoyle is said to have saved to his new company laptop after April 17, including the following, although the implication is that more were involved:

• A race report from the Hungary 2015 Grand Prix which took place on 26 July 2015.

• Mileage and damage data relating to HPP's F1 engines in the 2015 F1 season until 14 September 2015.

• Files containing the code required to decrypt the raw data files.

• Files relating to the compressor performance of HPP's F1 engines.

• Encrypted raw data files, containing very detailed data about engine performance, used to produce the race reports.

Mercedes names another list of confidential F1 documents, 'Schedule B,' which has not been detailed.

In addition, there's a third list, 'Schedule C', which Hoyle is alleged to have downloaded to his mobile phone. As noted, employees are only allowed to use approved USB devices.

Mercedes also alleges that Hoyle downloaded files to other devices he personally owned, including a Toshiba laptop, an Acer tablet, two different micro SD cards, and a Kingston USB external hard drive.

In March 2015, when he was still on F1 duty, he is also said to have uploaded a Microsoft Excel file to an external website.

Mercedes adds that Hoyle was well aware of the restrictions under which he was supposed to be working, and that he took “anti-forensic steps to conceal the fact that he had saved to the laptop confidential information,” including deleting files, running a disc fragmenter programme, and “copying large numbers of innocuous files to 'fill' the hard drive of the laptop, overwriting the deleted material.”

In legal terms the main thrust of the case is the damage potentially caused to Mercedes, who say that “unless restrained from misusing HPP confidential F1 information, Mr Hoyle may continue to misuse, including by reviewing, such confidential F1 information, causing HPP to suffer loss and damage, in that its competitiveness will be impaired, with negative consequences on its profitability.”

Unlawful advantage

Although the matter now appears to be academic, the court documents make it clear that Mercedes had serious concerns about Ferrari getting a direct benefit, saying: “By reason of his unlawful conduct... Mr Hoyle and potentially Ferrari have gained an unlawful advantage.”

Mercedes makes it clear that Hoyle was supposed to be kept away from information “such as analysis of the performance of, and refinements to, HPP's F1 engine during the 2015 season,” and he had “defeated or undermined the said purpose.”

They say he had “refreshed his knowledge and/or memory of confidential information that pre-dated April 16….”

In other words, he had more F1 information in his head than he should have done at that stage had he not continued to have access to it.

And this is the crucial bit. The document states: “If Mr Hoyle joins or commences working for or otherwise assists Ferrari in January 2016, he will be able to make use of the said information, whether inevitably, inadvertently, or intentionally.

"Such use will be to Mr Hoyle's advantage, in the performance of his duties on behalf of Ferrari, and thereby to Ferrari's advantage.”

New goalposts

The key point Mercedes makes is that while it was prepared to let Hoyle join Ferrari in January 2016 once he had seen out his contract over 37 weeks without any F1 involvement, the goalposts had moved, and it wanted that garden leave reinstated.

It has requested what is legally termed “springboard relief,” which would keep Hoyle away from Ferrari (or anyone else) until the end of the 2016 season next November, or at the very least, until 37 weeks after the legal proceedings kicked off, which would be in July.

There's also a separate question of damages, compensation, and costs (specifically the expense of the investigation), although for Mercedes it's not about money, and documents suggest a maximum figure of £100,000.

New tensions

It's a messy situation for all concerned, and it has come to light shortly after Mercedes formally queried the Ferrari/Haas relationship by submitting questions to the FIA, albeit without specifically naming the teams that prompted its enquiry.

By coincidence that matter also involved gardening leave, in that Mercedes wanted to know what the FIA considered to be an appropriate break for anyone moving between teams. Of course, that was all about teams willingly sharing data, whereas this one is very different.

The remarkable thing is that despite the 2007 Spygate case serving as a warning for all, and despite the improvements in IT security in the intervening years, this case indicates that a key employee was potentially able to flout the company rules.

The concern for Mercedes is that the matter only came to light by chance – when someone happened to see what was on his colleague's laptop screen.

Petrov set to join WEC with SMP Racing

Spoiler
                          Former Formula 1 driver Vitaly Petrov is expected to join the ranks of the World Endurance Championship in 2016, having held negotiations with SMP Racing's LMP2 squad.

Petrov, who scored Russia's first F1 podium in the 2011 Australian Grand Prix with Lotus, has been largely sidelined after losing his Caterham seat at the end of 2012 - albeit contested a sole DTM season with Mercedes in 2014.

But he could now find himself replacing Mikhail Aleshin in SMP's new BR01 programme, as the latter is set to make a return to IndyCar.

"It is possible that Petrov will replace Aleshin at the wheel of the BR01," confirmed SMP boss Boris Rotenberg.

"We negotiated on the phone and he agreed. He wants to represent a Russian team and help develop our project.

"All that's left is to meet up and sign the contract."

SMP's LMP2 BR01 prototype contested four ELMS rounds in 2015, making the podium on three occasions.

The car finished sixth in class on its Le Mans debut in June with Nicolas Minassian, Maurizio Mediani and David Markozov at the wheel, and finished fifth in class in the Bahrain WEC finale.

Mercedes engineer being sued for stealing data not joining Ferrari

Spoiler
                          Ferrari has confirmed Mercedes engineer Benjamin Hoyle will not be joining the Formula 1 team "in the foreseeable future".

It emerged on Tuesday that Mercedes is taking legal action against Hoyle, accusing him of stealing confidential information and data ahead of a new-year move to Ferrari.

The Scuderia was cited in High Court documents, seen by Autosport, with Mercedes stating that once Hoyle's contract with High Performance Powertrains terminates at the end of the year he "intends to take up employment with Ferrari".

Hoyle, who had been one of four team leaders in Mercedes AMG F1's engineering department, served notice on a three-year contract in May 2014.

In April this year, Hoyle was moved to Mercedes' DTM programme as HPP sought to protect its intellectual property.

Over the following five months, it is alleged Hoyle removed hardcopy documents and data via various means.

Mercedes suggested "Mr Hoyle and potentially Ferrari have gained an unlawful advantage".

Autosport understands the talks between Ferrari and Hoyle were nothing more than informal, with not even a draft contract offered for him to sign.

Inside Ferrari it is understood there is considerable surprise it has been quoted by Mercedes as potentially gaining an advantage from Hoyle's actions.

Asked by Autosport whether Hoyle would be joining Ferrari, a spokesman said: "Ferrari has stressed the point Benjamin Hoyle never had a contract with the company, so he will not be joining us in the foreseeable future."

Izvor: autosport.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alen P View Post
                            Nekako mi se čini da samo traže razlog kad im opadne ova mala razlika između njih i Ferarija, da imaju neko opravdanje, neki razlog za to.

Comment

• Iskreno, rekao bih da je taj zaposleni to probao samoinicijativno da učini. Da imaju ikakve dokaze ili sumnje da je Scuderia to aranžirala izašli bi u javnost sa time.

Mada, kada se uzme u obzir da je duo Mercedes-Ferrari trenutno u borbi protiv kombinacije Ecclestone-Todt-Mosley-Mateschitz, možda su spremni i da prećute...

Comment

• Ako je već taj čoek krao informacije, a ako Ferari demantuje da ima išta sa tim čoekom, onda možda Reno ima sudjele u tome. Jer prave novi tim i idealna prilika za to jeste Mercedesov čoek. A Mercedes odmah posumnjao na Ferari, što je logično jer su im najbliži i boje se.

Comment

Working...
                                X