Burnley F.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarets Tarkowski offer rejected?

Burnley have reportedly had an offer for Brentford centre back James Tarkowski turned down.

The 23-year-old Mancunian was a target for the Clarets two years ago, while at Oldham Athletic, but signed a three and a half year deal for an undisclosed fee at Griffin Park as the Bees won promotion to the Championship.

Tarkowski has made 22 appearances for Brentford this season, inclujding one in the Bees' 1-0 defeat at Turf Moor, where he wore a protective face mask.

Burnley are keen to bolster their central defensive options, but Michael Keane has moved to quash suggestions he could be on his way out of the club, having been linked with a number of Premier League clubs.

Keane said: “If it’s true then it can be very flattering, but I’m really happy here at Burnley and I won’t be going anywhere in January.

“I want to try and get this club back to the Premier League like everybody else. Everyone in the team, the manager and the fans have been great with me, so there’s no reason for me to leave.

“You just take it as a compliment. It just proves that you’re playing well if there’s teams coming after you. I think I’m defending well consistently now.

“I think I’ve been doing well on a personal level for a while now, so I’m just hoping to keep it up. It’s just speculation - you don’t know whether to believe it or not - but it is nice to see.

“I think I’ve developed a lot here under the gaffer. I’ve had all the experienced players helping me as well.

“I’m hoping to keep that up and get back into the Premier League and do it there as well.”

LINK

Comment

• Stephen Cummings: Burnley have to spend wisely in the January transfer window

WE MIGHT only be four days into 2016 but already January has the feel of a defining month about it.

Spend wisely and Burnley can be optimistic about cementing a top-six finish and might even dream of reeling in Derby County.

On the other hand, a failure to bolster the squad with some genuine first-team-ready options will almost certainly consign the Clarets to another season of second-tier football.

The last couple of weeks have provided a pretty accurate snapshot of where Sean Dyche’s men are currently up to.

Whereas Burnley were able to make light work of the division’s cannon fodder, putting four goals past both Charlton Athletic and Bristol City, they came unstuck when asked to raise their game against a couple of the Championship’s savvier sides, Hull City and Ipswich Town.

Statistics are, of course, open to manipulation and misinterpretation, yet there’s one fairly damning piece of data that says the Clarets have managed just one goal in half a dozen encounters with the current top six – Andre Gray’s penalty against Brighton and Hove Albion.

“We didn’t create enough” is becoming an increasingly common post-match complaint from the manager, particularly when we run into the division’s better-drilled outfits. And it’s exactly this lack of creativity that threatens to derail Burnley’s attempt to make an instant return to English football’s top table.

In wide areas, Dyche can select from George Boyd, Scott Arfield, Matt Taylor and Michael Kightly, yet the first two names on that list offer little more than hard work and a dogged adherence to the gaffer’s obsession with “shape” and “framework.” Taylor, meanwhile, is only fancied for a fifteen minute run-out when we need to pull a game out of the fire, whilst Kightly – although at least willing to run at his man – frequently lacks good quality delivery.

Centrally, there’s a similar dearth of invention. Dean Marney is a fizzing ball of energy and David Jones knits things together, yet neither have the vision to sit off the front two and prise open a tight defence with a single pass. Joey Barton might, but is currently deployed in front of the back four to dictate play there.

Dyche spoke last week about hoping to land “two, maybe three targets” in the coming weeks. A commanding centre-half would be a welcome addition but the priority has to be a speedy winger with a trick or two and a playmaker able to float behind Gray and Vokes with an ability to see the pass.

LINK

Comment

• Heaton vows to deal with any changes at the club!

Skipper Tom Heaton doesn’t want to see any of his team mates depart the club this month, but the Clarets goalkeeper has vowed that the squad will deal with any changes that are made.

With the mid-season transfer window now open for business, Burnley boss Sean Dyche has outlined that the wheels are already in motion in a bid to bring new faces in to the club.

As of yet there hasn’t been any mention of outgoings, though the form of several key players will understandably stoke interest, while those on the fringe could be pushed further adrift with any new additions.

“We wouldn’t want to lose any players at this stage,” said the England international. “It’s important to keep everyone together.

“But if players go, if we get players in, we deal with it - if it’s a new addition or we lose someone. We obviously don’t want to but if you do, you deal with it.

“The team and the squad has plenty of players who can come in and do the job, we’re seeing that at the minute. We just roll on.”

Meanwhile, Heaton has lauded the resilience and organisation of the Clarets following a ninth clean sheet of the term against Ipswich Town at Turf Moor.

“We’ve got a good defensive unit and a tight unit and it’s a great base to get clean sheets and foundations in games,” he said.

“That’s been a feature since I’ve been at the club, the manager sets the team out and organises the play and the work ethic and endeavour that people put in means you don’t get exposed.”

He added: “It does give you a solid foundation in a game, keeping that door shut especially when teams are keeping it tight themselves.

“We’re delighted to have the clean sheet. We’re just over the halfway point and have nine now.”

LINK

Comment

• Burnley move for Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor unlikely

REPORTS linking Burnley with a move for Aston Villa forward Gabby Agbonlahor are believed to be wide of the mark.

The 29-year-old has found himself out of favour with Villa boss Remi Garde, although a back problem has been suggested as the reason behind his absence from the Premier League strugglers’ side.

But there is not thought to have been any approach from Turf Moor about the England international.

Fellow Midlands club Wolverhampton Wanderers are thought to have expressed an interest in Agbonlahor but the player is said to prefer to stay in the Premier League if a move was on the cards.

Link

Comment

• Latest news coming out of Wales, Swansea's 33 year old midfielder Leon Britton is linked with Burnley.
            The midfielder is looking for a loan move after falling out of favour with the south west wales club.

Latest reports say Burnley are interested in Paddy McNair from Manchester United 20 year old defender wants first team football and could get him on Loan as Burnley don't want to bid any higher for Tarkowski.

Ovo su jako nepouzdane informacije, izvucene sa fan pagea, koji je doduse javio da smo zainteresirani za Agbonlahora iz Ville kao i Wolvesi iako je to bila kriva informacija.
            Ali dobro, malo traceva nikome ne skod
            Last edited by ervi34; 07-01-16, 17:30.

Comment

• Čuo sam i ja za tog momka iz Mančestera ali nadam se da neće biti ništa od toga. Ne treba dovoditi odpadke iz Premierligaša. To je totalna ludost i sa takvom politikom, pridružićemo se Porcmutu u 3 ligu. Treba dovoditi najbolje iz čempionšipa ako mislimo da se borimo za Premier Ligu. Iskreno se nadam nekom, eto barem jednom dobrom transferu ove zime. Kao na primjer Ostina iz QPR, Judge-a i Tarkowski iz Brenforda, pa eto i Henri Lansbury iz Notingema bi bio dobar.
              Last edited by Dule Krtola; 07-01-16, 17:52.

Comment

• Ne mogu se bas slozit s tobom oko Paddya, daleko je on od odpadka, on je talentiran i iznimno perspektivan stoper, siguran sam da bi on i Keane bili jako dobar stoperski tandem. Ovo bi mu bila prilika da stekne iskustvo, mozda da se probije i u prvi sastav posto znam da je igrao nesto ove sezone (uglavnom rotacije) ali svejedno...
                -
                Koga bi ti izveo protiv Boroa? Ja se ne nadam prolasku, tako da bih dao prednost onima koji su malo odigrali,
                Gilks
                Ward-Mee-Keane-Darikwa
                Taylor-Jones-Ulvestad-Kightly
                Hennings-Vokes

Stoperi moraju biti Keane i Mee posto je Duff ozlijeden prema zadnjim izvjestajima isto kao i Marney. Ulvestad zasluzuje priliku posto ga nismo uopce gledali ove sezone, isto kao i Hennings koji bi po meni trebao biti prvotimac, bas mi se svidja kao igrac.

Comment

• Isto razmišljamo samo što bih dao priliku nekom iz B tima. Možda ne u prvoj postavi ali sigurno u nastavku. Nek ošete malo te čari a i da pojedini odmore. A takodje se slažem oko Njemca. Treba mu dati vecu sansu mislim da zasluzuje i da je mnogo kvalitetniji od Vouksa ali samo sto mu treba vremena. Najbolji strijelac cvajte, sto dokazuje ko je i šta je.

Takodje se slazem oko Norvežanina Ulvestad-a. S obzirom kakvog kvaliteta su pojedini, lagano moze da konkurise za prvu postavu. Mlad je i treba mu dati sansu.

Ako je istina oko ove 2 povredjenih. To znaci imamo samo jednog odbramenog igraca, i to Lowton-a. A to nije nimalo dobro. Mozda vratiti Longa sa pozamice il rizikovati sa nekim veznjakom, ako se ne daj boze neki odbrameni igrac povrijedi.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/bodenknights, ovaj covjek ti je jedan od novinara Burnley Expressa, tako da je dobro upoznat sa situacijama u klubu, bilo u igrackom bilo u financijskom smislu tako da cesto izvjestava o situaciji. Takodjer je napomenuo da ni jedan junior vjerojatno nece ici na taj susret (steta, ja bih htio vidit Massanku, ubojiti igrajuci za maldu momcad15 golova u 17 susreta ako se ne varam). Long ostaje na pozajmici, ali ja to gledam kao neko zeleno svijetlo za dovodenje stopera, sad kojeg vidit cemo.

Comment

• Ne smijemo rizikovati nikako. Moramo nekog dovest, pa makar to bilo na pozamicu jer ne smijemo da zavisimo od 36godisnjeg Dafa. Mee jest da dobro obavlja posao ali ipak stoper je stoper.
                      Nadam se da Dajš zna sta radi

Sacekajmo subotu i konacnu postavu ali po cijeni da izgubimo, volio bi da vidim neke klince na terenu. Da vidimo jel imamo buducnost ili je politika kluba samo dovodjenje igraca.

Comment

• Špekulacija...

Burnley are to make a surprise swoop for Preston North End midfielder Daniel Johnson.

From what I understand Derby have accepted a £2m bid from Burnley for midfielder Craig Bryson.

Burnley are set to put in another bid for Nottingham Forest's Henri Lansbury.

Comment

• Burnley are 'strong' favourites to sign Patrick Bamford on loan from Chelsea.

Comment

• Ako Falkao ode postoji mogucnost i da ostane u Celsiju.

Comment

• Hahah pa nemoj brisati sad jbg Dule

Comment

• Ma sve je ovo špekulacija, mlaćenje. Sve tok ne bude zvanično, nema potreba za nekom većom pričom. Na primjer mi smo puni napadača, tako da vjerujem da je ovo samo mlaćenje.

EDIT: ahahah pogrešno sam pročitao poruku, pa tek kad sam ponovo pročitao viđeo sam o čemu se radi. jbg..
                                Last edited by Dule Krtola; 08-01-16, 12:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X