No announcement yet.

Davis Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1902 : Great Britain led against USA, but lost 2 single matches on next day so USA retained the title
    1903 : Same rivals again but no mistakes from British this time, as both Laurence and Reggie Doherty won their single matches after doubles win
    1907 : Australasia had 2-1 lead over British Isles after two single wins, and Norman Brookes gave them trophy in the end
    1912 : Same rivals but this time in Melbourne and same situation, James Park brought title to the British with 3rd single win
    1913 : USA won tight doubles match to go 2-1 in front in Great Britain and Maurice McLoughlin sealed the win in next single match
    1914 : Thanks to Widling and Brookes Australasia had advantage in New York, and Norman Brookes clinched the title for his country in next match
    1933 : Great Britain finally stopped France domination when Bunny Austin and Fred Perry won single matches on clay at Roland Garros
    1937 : USA won title for the first time since 1926, beating British at Wimbledon as Budge, Mako and Parker won last 4 rubbers
    1953 : 16 years later USA had 2-1 as guest team again, thanks to Trabert and Seixas, but Hoad and Rosewall won last two single matches to give title to Australia
    1958 : Same rivals this time too, in Brisbane, as Olmego and Richardson kept USA 2-1 in front, before Olmego won 4th match and title with it
    1959 : Clash of two greatest nations in 1959 as well, and Australia stoled the title when Neale Fraser won 5th rubber
    1963 : Ralston and McKinley gave USA the lead in Adelaide, with McKinley winning decisive point for USA in 5th match
    1972 : We are in Eastern Europe for the first time, in Romania, when Stan Smith and Erik Van Dillen kept guest USA in front, with Smith finishing the tie in 4th match
    1985 : In tight all-European final Sweden had 2-1 advantage over Germany before final day thanks to Wilander and Nystrom, and in the end Edberg brought them trophy in 5th match
    1995 : Decade later, strong USA team led 2-1 on clay in Moscow thanks to Sampras and Martin, with Sampras clinching the title in 4th match
    1996 : Back to back scenario for the first time since 1914, in one of the finest Davis Cup finals France was in good position after doubles, and Boetsch sealed the victory in 5th match
    1999 : Australia won title after 13 years away in France, thanks to joined efforts from Philippoussis and famous Woodforde/Woodbridge double, with Mark winning the tie in 4th match
    2001 : Reverse situation two years later, when Escude, Pioline and Santoro surprised Aussies on Melbourne's grass, Escude was the hero after winning decisive 5th rubber
    2005 : Most surprising final in years, Ljubicic and Ancic carried Croatia to 2-1 lead in Slovakia, Mario in the end won live 5th match for the greatest success of his country after Wimbledon 2001
    2008 : Even without Nadal, Spain gained healthy advantage before final day thanks to Lopez and Verdasco, as Fernando finished the tie in 4th rubber
    2010 : We are in Belgrade this time, with France leading 2-1 after Monfils and Clement/Llodra wins, but Djokovic and Troicki made complete turnover for Serbia's first title
    2013 : Same town again, but this time Berdych and Stepanek endured until the end, Radek winning live 5th rubber easily over powerless Lajovic
    2014 : Roger Federer finally won Davis Cup trophy away in France, he and Wawrinka done what they need in first two days, with Roger routined Gasquet in rubber 4 to take the missing title

Guest team wins Davis Cup after having 2-1 advantage following doubles match : 1903, 1907, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1933, 1937, 1958, 1959, 1963, 1972, 1985, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2008, 2013, 2014
    Home team turnes the tie around and wins : 1902, 1953, 2010
    Guest team winning after 4th match, following 2-1 lead : 1903, 1913, 1914, 1937, 1958, 1972, 1995, 1999, 2008, 2014

Britanija se donekle moze osloniti na istoriju, posto je gost vodio 2-1 u Dejvis Kup finalu 23 puta, i u 20 navrata izasao kao pobednik. Medjutim, samo 10 puta su to cinili posle cetvrtog meca pa ce Endi silno zeleti da se u tome pridruzi Samprasu, Filipusisu, Verdasku i Federeru, posto niko ziv ne zna sta bi se desilo u eventualnom petom zivom mecu. Kazu da je Edmund potpuno slomljen mentalno i da nema teorije da bi on igrao ako do tog meca dodje, tako da bi sve palo na Dzejmsa Vorda. Sa druge strane, isto se prica da Darsis sigurno nece igrati singl, tako da ukoliko Gofan dobije najverovatnije gledamo Bemelmansa i Vorda, ali sumnjam da ce Skot to da dozvoli, ovo mu je jedan od meceva zivota
    Pancho Gonzalez ; Ivan Lendl ; Andre Agassi ; Rafael Nadal

sigpic

Comment

• Sa jedne strane, Marej stvarno zasluzuje DC, odigrao je odlicno ove godine, nosio reprezentaciju u singlu, a i u dublu sa bratom, a sa druge strane bas zelim da dodje do 5.meca

Sent from my Z3 compact <3
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
      with experience.

Comment

• Imao bi jednu od najboljih sezona u istoriji Dejvis Kupa, bukvalno ce ostaviti zivot na terenu samo da dobije.. a peti mec bi bio ludnica, sa igracima koji tome nisu dorasli toliko da se to ne moze ni izmeriti

sigpic

Comment

• Šteta bi bila da ostanemo bez tog 5. meča, svi istinski ljubitelji tenisa moraju navijati za Goffina

Comment

• Ja bih ipak to zaobisao, sto se tice uzivanja tu je finale Challenger Finals-a, meni dovoljno

Razne ne-teniske zemlje imaju Salataru, red je na britansku desetu

sigpic

Comment

• Odlicnih 15 minuta

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ClayWarrior View Post
                Kazu da je Edmund potpuno slomljen mentalno i da nema teorije da bi on igrao ako do tog meca dodje, tako da bi sve palo na Dzejmsa Vorda. Sa druge strane, isto se prica da Darsis sigurno nece igrati singl, tako da ukoliko Gofan dobije najverovatnije gledamo Bemelmansa i Vorda, ali sumnjam da ce Skot to da dozvoli, ovo mu je jedan od meceva zivota
                Edmund (takodjer ppoznat pod imenom Ebden), mora biti slomljen. Veliko je pitanje da ce se onaj prvi mez sa Gofanom imati pozitivan ili negetivan efekt ne njegovu karijeru. Smit i on su pripremali iznenadjenje koji je funcionisalo daleko bolje od najoptimistickijih ocekivanja... Ali san se brzo rasprsio. Nema Edmund ni mentalne ni fizicke kondicije za meceve u 5 setova. Britanci moraju izvesti Uorda.

Ipak, Darcisu mora biti gore. Njegov kolaps je dao mec Britancima jucer. Pa onda one silne ispustene brejk lopte u 4. setu. A Belgijsko iznenadjenje je bilo cak i impresivnije od britanskog. Osim toga Darcis nema 20 godina. Zato mora biti Bemelmans.

Bemelmans je bolji a Uord stabilniji. I jedan i drugi bi igrali najvazniiji mec u karijeri. U takvim mecevima je mentalna snaga najvaznija.

Originally posted by shminka View Post
                Šteta bi bila da ostanemo bez tog 5. meča, svi istinski ljubitelji tenisa moraju navijati za Goffina
                Bilo bi fino vidjeti taj mec, ali Mari bi bio u gorem stanju i od Edmunda i od Bemelmans.

Ocekujem pobjedu Marija, ali mi nesto govori da ce Gofan da iznenadi. Zadnjih 7 setova je odigrao odlicno.
                Last edited by NI; 29-11-15, 12:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by NI View Post
                  Edmund (takodjer ppoznat pod imenom Ebden), mora biti slomljen. Veliko je pitanje da ce se onaj prvi mez sa Gofanom imati pozitivan ili negetivan efekt ne njegovu karijeru. Smit i on su pripremali iznenadjenje koji je funcionisalo daleko bolje od najoptimistickijih ocekivanja... Ali san se brzo rasprsio. Nema Edmund ni mentalne ni fizicke kondicije za meceve u 5 setova. Britanci moraju izvesti Uorda.

Ipak, Darcisu mora biti gore. Njegov kolaps je dao mec Britancima jucer. Pa onda one silne ispustene brejk lopte u 4. setu. A Belgijsko iznenadjenje je bilo cak i impresivnije od britanskog. Osim toga Darcis nema 20 godina. Zato mora biti Bemelmans.

Bemelmans je bolji a Uord stabilniji. I jedan i drugi bi igrali najvazniiji mec u karijeri. U takvim mecevima je mentalna snaga najvaznija.
                  Mora se fokusirati na dva briljantna seta koja je odigrao i izvuci pozitivne pouke, ali bi mu pobeda stvarno bila veliki bust u karijeri. Ipak, video si koliko je mali kvalitetan, doci ce nadam se sve na svoje vec u 2016., stvarno ima dobru igru

sigpic

Comment

• Jesu li Belgijanci kad su videli žreb, stavili Bemelmansa prvi dan protiv Mareja da bi sačuvali Darcisa za treći dan protiv britanskog drugog igrača ili je Darcis van forme? Nisam u toku, jel zna neko?

Comment

• Povredu ima Darcis, neće danas na teren sigurno

Comment

• Svi gemovi teski za servera, izuzev 2.. a odigrano 5

sigpic

Comment

• Ajmo Endi

sigpic

Comment

• Clayray se pojavio, iako i Gofan odlicno igra danas

Sent from my Z3 compact <3
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
                            with experience.

Comment

• Skoro savrseno

sigpic

Comment

• Šteta, ali isuviše je Endi dobar, kao i što je očigledo da se baš pripremio za ovo finale.
                                sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.
                                But there's one thing he can't change... he can't change his passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X