No announcement yet.

Free agency, draft, preseason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sto se tice Browns-a za njih u igri moze da bude i Flynn iz GB....

Miami ako ne uspe da privuce Peyton-a sto je vrlo moguce,mogu Tannehill-a da uzmu sa 8 pozicije ako ovoga pre ne uzmu Browns-i ali mislim da bi to bilo malo rano za njega bice boljih igraca da se uzmu kao 4.pik.

Zanimljivo da Rams-i sada nece biti u poziciji da draftuju Kalil-a imaju tek 6.pika,Sam-u se ne pise dobro sa onom ofanzivnom linijom a ovaj Kalil je izgleda neki extra igrac po svim dosadasnjim saznanjima.

Comment

• Kalil je zverina na kojoj mozes zasnivati fransizu, stavi ga na LT i mozes mirno da spavas. Uzece Ramsi Reiffa koji nije mnogo losiji.
      Na celom svetu samo Crvena zvezda

Comment

• Novi Mock Draft sa Redskins-ima koji biraju 2. pika

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Comment

• Redskins traded more for Griffin than Giants for Eli, Falcons for Vick

The Washington Redskins like Robert Griffin III so much that they gave up far more for the right to draft him than teams have typically had to trade away to secure franchise quarterbacks in the NFL draft.

Washington will send St. Louis its first- and second-round picks this year and first-round picks for 2013 and 2014, all to get the second overall pick this year from the Rams. That’s a huge haul for the Rams and a huge sign that the Redskins think very, very highly of Griffin.

Consider this: The Redskins just agreed to give up far more for Griffin than the Giants gave up to acquire first overall pick Eli Manning in 2004, or the Falcons traded to move up to take Michael Vick first overall in 2001. In 2004 the price for Manning was two first-round picks, a third-round pick and a fifth-round pick. In 2001, the price for Vick was one first-round pick, one second-round pick, one third-round pick and Tim Dwight.

Although a team trading away three first-round picks is not unprecedented, it is extremely rare: It hasn’t happened since the famous Cowboys-Vikings Herschel Walker trade in 1989.

In terms of the value given up for one quarterback, the most similar trade in NFL history to Friday night’s Redskins-Rams deal may have been the 1976 trade that sent Jim Plunkett from the Patriots to the 49ers for two first-round picks that year, a first- and second-round pick the following year and a backup quarterback named Tom Owen. That trade did not work out well for the 49ers, although Plunkett would later be the starting quarterback on two Super Bowl-winning Raiders teams.

The Redskins-Rams deal will go down as one of the most significant trades in NFL history. What we don’t yet know is whether Griffin will lead the Redskins to multiple Super Bowls as Eli Manning has the Giants, or whether this trade will be viewed more like the Herschel Walker trade, as it allows the Rams to stockpile talent and win Super Bowls. Or maybe both.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-vick/related/

Comment

• ljudi racunaju da ce sa njim igrati dobro i da njihovi pikovi prve runde nece moci da se mere sa efektom RGIII. ocekujem da vec u prvih par meseci zarade sve pare koje ce uloziti u momka, znajuci kako se u D.C.u znaju obrnuti pare. sada ocekujem da udaraju po fa pijaci .
            Pravo mesto za diskusiju o americkom fudbalu

madden balkanska liga

Comment

• Report: Peyton Manning in Arizona

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Peyton Manning's tour of potential NFL destinations is making a stop in the desert.

A person familiar with Manning's location told The Associated Press that the superstar free agent arrived in Arizona for meetings with the Cardinals.

The Arizona Republic was the first to report that the four-time MVP quarterback arrived in the desert Saturday night.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Manning is expected to meet with Cardinals coaches and team officials on Sunday.

The Cardinals, sources told ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton, have lost confidence in quarterback Kevin Kolb and are desperate to get Manning. If the Cards do get Manning, they would let Kolb go, the sources said. However, if Manning eschews the desert, Arizona would hold on to Kolb and work on developing him, according to sources.

The team already has invested millions in Kolb and is scheduled to pay him $7 million if he is on the roster Thursday. The Cardinals, though, had more success with second-year quarterback John Skelton starting than with Kolb, who missed much of the season with turf toe and a concussion.

The Cardinals' facility was a beehive of activity as the setting for Kurt Warner's annual "Ultimate Football Experience," a fundraiser for his First Things First foundation that features current and past football stars. Among them was Cardinals star wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who said he knew nothing of any contact the team may have made with Manning.
              "I haven't heard anything," he said. "I'd like to feel like if he was going to be here I would probably hear something from somebody."

The presence of Fitzgerald, one of the best receivers in the game, is considered a major reason why Manning would consider the Cardinals, who won seven of nine after a 1-6 start to wind up 8-8 last season.

Fitzgerald, the Cardinals' career leading receiver, said he understood why Arizona would be interested in Manning.

"He's a four-time MVP. He's a Super Bowl champion," he said. "He's arguably the best quarterback to ever play football. He's a free agent. If he's healthy, I know he's somebody that can help any team that he goes to. I understand the interest. It makes sense."

Fitzgerald said he wasn't surprised Arizona is in the mix.

"After last year, Michael (team president Michael Bidwill) said he was going to continue staying aggressive," Fitzgerald said, "and he's going to do everything he can to make sure we're going to be able to compete for an NFC West championship every single year. He hasn't done anything to this point to make us believe anything different."

Besides Fitzgerald, the Cardinals can offer a state-of-the-art stadium with a retractable roof and natural grass field that slides out into the sunshine when not being used. Then there is the weather -- sunshine with the temperature in the high 70s on Saturday.

The Cardinals have a strong young defense but Manning might be concerned with an inconsistent offensive line that could lose left tackle Levi Brown, unless he restructures his contract. Other than Fitzgerald, the receivers are young.

Manning met with the Denver Broncos on Friday night at the team's headquarters. After Arizona, Manning reportedly is going to Florida to meet with the Miami Dolphins.

Manning met for nearly six hours Friday with Denver, then left the team's facility without speaking with reporters.

About 48 hours after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, Manning met with another Super Bowl-winning quarterback, Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway, and coach John Fox. The three chatted while taking a tour of the team's practice field, then heading to the weight room.

They spent several hours together before the four-time MVP departed.

According to The Denver Post, the Broncos sent a plane to pick up Manning in South Florida, where he has a condo. He had traveled there after Wednesday's emotional news conference in Indianapolis, where he said goodbye to the team that drafted him No. 1 overall in 1998 and led to the 2007 Super Bowl championship.

As news of Manning's arrival spread -- with reporters and TV helicopters hovering over every inch of the Broncos' facility -- a handful of fans started making their way to the training facility.

"Let's do it, Peyton!" one of them yelled through a gate upon spotting the NFL's marquee free agent. Manning glanced over and gave a quick wave.

Across the parking lot, one fan with an Elway jersey, another with a Tim Tebow jersey and a few more with Manning's iconic Colts No. 18 showed up.

Sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen the visit did not make the Broncos the favorite to land the four-time MVP. In fact, other teams are starting to be aggressive in expressing their interest in Manning.

No contract negotiations were expected to occur during the Denver visit, first reported by The Denver Post. Manning did not work out for the Broncos, but wanted to familiarize himself with the team's facilities, organization and geography.

Meeting with the Chiefs is also a possibility for Manning.

"He's one of the greatest players in the history of the league," Chiefs owner Clark Hunt told NBC Sports Network. "He's also an incredible person. We feel really good about the team we have in Kansas City going into the 2012 season, but we'll look for any opportunity to improve and, of course, that includes Peyton Manning."

At least 12 teams reportedly have reached out to Manning's representatives, but Hunt wouldn't characterize the Chiefs' interest.

"I don't think it would be appropriate for me to talk about discussions at this point, but he is somebody that we'll talk to," Hunt told NBC.

Two teams that are now likely out of the running for Manning are the Washington Redskins and New York Jets.

The Redskins agreed to a trade Friday with the St. Louis Rams in which Washington will receive the second overall pick in this year's draft for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick. The Redskins are expected to draft the top quarterback available.

The Redskins, however, still intend to talk with Manning and try to sign him even if it is considered a long shot, a source told Schefter.

And the Jets announced a contract extension Friday night with quarterback Mark Sanchez.

The Chiefs, Redskins, Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Dolphins, Cardinals and Broncos were among teams to reach out at first, according to sources.

Sources told ESPN that the order in which Manning visits teams will not reflect an order of choice because, as one source said: "There is absolutely no preferred choice at this time. This is typical, (Manning) doing his own research because it's a first-time and only-time process from a free-agent vantage point. Physically seeing facilities and the geography of cities that he is not acquainted with is part of his own research."

Manning was released after 14 years and one Super Bowl win in Indianapolis. The Colts were faced with paying a $28 million bonus to a 35-year-old quarterback who has had at least three neck surgeries and missed all of last season.

Sources have said Manning would like to make a decision within a week on where he will play next year.

The Broncos would present an interesting landing spot because the nation was captivated by Tebow's exploits last season. He came from third on the depth chart in camp to lead the Broncos to the playoffs and an upset of the Steelers, but his throwing mechanics consistently have been questioned.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ls-report-says

Comment

• Turneja se nastavlja...........

Comment

• Peyton Manning narrows options

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, thhe sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time.

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Broncos' advantages include Manning's relationship with executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox and the fact that joining them would keep him in the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.

Yet the Cardinals will make a hard push and put on what one team source said is a "Louisville-style full-court press." Manning also is close with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and has played golf with him.

Manning will be meeting with multiple high-ranking members of the Cardinals organization, including president Michael Bidwill, who sources say is determined to sign the former Colts quarterback.

"This team missed on Montana when he went to K.C.," said another Cardinals source. "This is a different owner, just with the same last name. Michael will do what it takes.

"He is hugely aware of our fan base and how his dad is viewed. He came to work with this team to get the stadium built. It took him a long time to get that done, but he did.

"He is a driven young owner that wants to totally change this franchise's image."

And he views landing Manning as the next step in that process. Sources say that would not necessarily be a strong selling point to Manning, who is looking simply for a "comfortable football and organizational fit." Along those lines, the Broncos and Cardinals have staffs that have shown flexibility in adapting their offense to a quarterback's strengths, as the Broncos did with Tim Tebow and the Cardinals did with Kurt Warner.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...es-sources-say

Comment

• Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams wants to sign Peyton Manning

Titans owner Bud Adams wants Peyton Manning, and said he is prepared to make a competitive offer to get him.

The issue, of course, is whether the future Hall of Fame quarterback wants the Titans.

Adams told The Tennessean on Sunday he has contacted Manning’s agent, Tom Condon, and is pushing for the former Colt to visit the Titans.

“He is the man I want. Period,” Adams said. “And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.”

Titans General Manager Ruston Webster, Chief Operating Officer Mike Reinfeldt and Coach Mike Munchak could not immediately be reached for comment.

Indications have been they don't share Adams’ passion to acquire the former University of Tennessee star. Last month, Webster said the Titans were happy with their current quarterbacks — Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker — when addressing the team’s potential interest in Manning.

That was before the Colts officially released the four-time NFL MVP, however. Manning has already visited the Broncos and is currently visiting the Cardinals. Several others teams have also expressed an interest in Manning, including the Dolphins.

“I hope to be one of the teams he looks at,” the 89-year-old Adams said. ”Since he went to school in Tennessee I think Tennessee is where he should be. I think he could play for two or three years. I think he’s the guy that could come in and turn this around for us.

“That’s why I am so anxious to get him to come visit with us and I want him on my team. I could sit down with him and show him what (we’d be willing to pay). If he would come (meet) with me he would be happy with what he’d get.”

Adams also said he would speak to Manning about staying in the team’s front office whenever Manning decides to retire.

“I want him to be with me the rest of his working period of his life,” Adams said, “even when he doesn’t want to play anymore.”

Condon could not immediately be reached for comment. Adams said Condon hadn’t decided if Manning would visit the Titans.

“He is all for having him come see me,” Adams said. “He just wants to make sure my people in Tennessee want the same thing too — Ruston and Mike and Mike. I am 650 miles away (in Houston) but (they) will do what I say to do because that’s the guy I want and I am going to make the decision.”

This isn’t the first time Adams has gotten involved in quarterback decisions.

In 2006, Adams made it known he wanted the organization to draft quarterback Vince Young with the third pick overall, which was against the wishes of then-GM Floyd Reese and Coach Jeff Fisher, who wanted Southern Cal’s Matt Leinart. Young played five seasons for the Titans, who released him after the 2010 season.

Adams said he’s been satisfied with Hasselbeck and Locker, and acknowledged the latter of the two is the future at the position, but stressed the chance to acquire Manning is a unique opportunity for an organization yet to win a Super Bowl.

The Titans drafted Locker with their first-round pick last year. Hasselbeck still has two years left on his contract after signing as a free agent last season, when he led the Titans to a 9-7 record.

“But I want Manning. I’d love to see him in Titan blue after watching him so many years with the Colts,” said Adams, the team founder. “I will be upset because if I didn’t get him. I want him. I am ready to do what it takes to get him aboard and I think he’d be the guy to get us into the playoffs.”

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...text|FRONTPAGE

Comment

• Sto vise gledam, to mi se vise cini da ce Peyton u Mile High City. Prosto je sve logicnije svakim danom. Taj tim je sto bi rekli ,,QB away from greatness``.

Comment

• I meni tako deluje,tamo je cika Elway ima on da navuce Peyton-a da dodje kod njih.
                        Nego sta ce onda sa Tebow....

Comment

• Timmy dobija vreme da radi na tehnici, izbacaju, kretanju itd itd Plus mocice uzivo da gleda najboljeg svih vremna, a posto kazu da je kao sundjer, sigurno ce pokupiti neke fore. Malo ce proci ta manija, bice manje pritiska, a on uvek moze da igra FB ili WR ili neke Wildcat formacije na goalline. Win win.

Comment

• Odakle izvlacis ove slike
                            Tebow je kao rodjen za full-back-a

Comment

• Iz buducnosti

TT je najbolji goalline igrac u novijoj istoriji fudbala. Bez imalo zezanja ili ironije.

Comment

• Da ja sam zaboravio da si dobar sa Baba Vangom ona ti pomaze i kod Mock Draft-a,ja privodim kraju polako moju prvu i jedinu verziju

Comment

Working...
                                X