Nole, idi u peršun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djolesmederevac View Post
    Mnogo je spekulacija u vezi Noletove zavrsne, pousezone?Licno mislim da on dobro zna sta radi, tako da ne bih preterano obrazlagao razne spekulacije i pametovanja. licno mislim da je njegov jedini oroblem ( i nazalost) najveci stanje desne ruke. Jeli lakat, rame, podlaktica, nadlaktica, ili sta vec. Sve drugo je zanematljivo, ili narodski receno LUK I VODA. Vileo bih da 100 posto nisa u pravu, naravno...
    U pravu si. Povrede su najveca briga.

Comment

• Last edited by miloolja; 19-12-16, 21:40.
      sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.
      But there's one thing he can't change... he can't change his passion.

Comment

• Oprema je sasvim ok.
        Zdravlje je u redu...
        Pa da knjižimo?
        Šampioni se ne stvaraju u teretanama. Šampioni se stvaraju od nečega što imaju duboko u sebi- želju, viziju i san. M.Ali
        Ko sme taj može.Ko ne zna za strah taj ide napred.
        "When the crowd is chanting Roger I hear Novak."

Comment

• Može!

Comment

• Znojnica odlična.
            I kragna je u novom fazonu.

Comment

• Posto je Zile dobar momak i nece da spamuje i da se eksponira na mjestima na kojima to nije ha mjesto, ja cu postovati kako brat gazi posto mnogi ne izlaze iz ove teme

Svaka cast Zile, prekucao si
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vladan View Post
                Posto je Zile dobar momak i nece da spamuje i da se eksponira na mjestima na kojima to nije ha mjesto, ja cu postovati kako brat gazi posto mnogi ne izlaze iz ove teme

Svaka cast Zile, prekucao si
                Hvalaaaaa <3 <3 <3

Comment

• Zašto si se krio do sada je možda pravo pitanje
                  sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.

Comment

• Stidan .... ali bitno je da je otkriven jos jedan njegov talenat.
                    Bravo Zile da te pohvalim i ovde.
                    sigpic

Always somewhere Miss you where I've been I'll be back to love you again

U crnim rupama možeš ludo da se zezaš. Da lebdiš iznad zemlje. Da slušaš rock ´n´ roll.Dozivaš kišu.
                    Ili da mazneš neku lepu ribu. Samo je bezveze kada se probudiš….

Comment

• Svaka cast Zile, strasan talenat!

Eto I poziva svima ostalima da pokazu svoj talenat, mislim i na tebe Sandu, pravljenje maketa od sibica je svakako krvav posao, nadam se da cemo uskoro videti nesto
                      There's something wrong with me chemically
                      Something wrong with me inherently
                      The wrong mix in the wrong genes
                      I reached the wrong ends by the wrong means
                      It was the wrong plan
                      In the wrong hands
                      With the wrong theory for the wrong man
                      The wrong lies, on the wrong vibes
                      The wrong questions with the wrong replies

Comment

• Ajfelov toranj
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Indigo View Post
                          Svaka cast Zile, strasan talenat!

Eto I poziva svima ostalima da pokazu svoj talenat, mislim i na tebe Sandu, pravljenje maketa od sibica je svakako krvav posao, nadam se da cemo uskoro videti nesto
                          Sto od mene?
                          Hvala sto mislis da posedujem neke korisne i svrsishodne talente. Mozda ti i uslisim zelju.
                          Ja sam samo bedno piskaralo - cak sam jednu pesmu a i jednu pricicu prilagodio ovom forumu (ovoj nasoj teniskoj temi) pa pisao ovde. Ali to je manje bitno - ocigledno ti je promaklo....
                          Last edited by Sandugp; 21-12-16, 22:31.
                          sigpic

Always somewhere Miss you where I've been I'll be back to love you again

U crnim rupama možeš ludo da se zezaš. Da lebdiš iznad zemlje. Da slušaš rock ´n´ roll.Dozivaš kišu.
                          Ili da mazneš neku lepu ribu. Samo je bezveze kada se probudiš….

Comment

• vajdamarianPractice season💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 #teamdjokovic #monaco #preparation #idemo
                            sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Djokovic in 2016 – History Maker
                                DECEMBER 24, 2016 ~ HBEASLEY

After completing what many fans considered to be the greatest ever season from a male tennis player in 2015, Novak Djokovic looked to maintain his incredible form as he returned to the ATP World Tour in 2016. There were many questions surrounding the Serb as the season began, can he continue his dominance of men’s tennis? Will he be able to defend all of the points which he accumulated in 2015? And will he finally capture the French Open title and complete the career grand slam?

Like the previous year, Djokovic’s season began at the ATP 250 event in Doha. He got 2016 off to a winning start with a 6-2 6-2 victory over Dustin Brown in the first round and then played some excellent tennis to see off Fernando Verdasco, Leonardo Mayer and Tomas Berdych all in straight sets on route to the final. At this point, Novak had already gained points as he only reached the quarter finals at this tournament last year. There was a familiar rival for Djokovic in the final as Rafael Nadal was on the other side of the net, Djokovic began the match excellently as he took the opening set 6-1. The top seed was playing some of his best tennis and that continued in the second set as he cruised past Nadal to claim his first title with a 6-1 6-2 victory. It was the perfect start to the year for Djokovic, who secured his 1st triumph in Doha without dropping a set.

The next event on Nole’s calendar was the first grand slam of the year in Australia, where he arrived as the defending champion and the favourite to claim the 2016 title. The Serb began his title defence with a straight sets win against Hyeon Chung in the opening round, he then followed that with two more straight set wins as he defeated Quentin Halys and Andreas Seppi to progress into the last 16. In the fourth round Novak’s opponent was Gilles Simon and the Frenchman deployed his tactics brilliantly to trouble and frustrate the top seed. The match was stressful viewing for Djokovic’s many fans around the world but like the great champion he is, Novak was able to find a way to win as he claimed a 6-3 6-7 6-4 4-6 6-3 victory to book his place in the quarter finals where he would face Kei Nishikori. After his round 4 battle, Djokovic was determined to make light work of his quarter final encounter and did so as he secured a 6-3 6-2 6-4 over his Japanese opponent. On the second Thursday of competition in Melbourne, it was time for one of 2015’s best rivalries to be played in the Rod Laver Arena as Novak Djokovic took on Roger Federer. Despite the pair’s narrow head-to-head record, the opening two sets weren’t much of a contest as Djokovic produced some mesmerising tennis which Federer could only admire as the Serb took a 6-1 6-2 lead. In response, Federer was able to establish himself in the match as he claimed the third set 6-3, although Djokovic was determined to get the win without the need for a 5th set as the Serb won the 4th set to seal his place in the final with a 6-1 6-2 3-6 6-3 triumph over his great rival. For the second successive year, it would be Novak Djokovic against Andy Murray in the Australian Open final.

On Sunday 31st January 2016 it was time for the first ATP grand slam final of the year. Novak Djokovic was aiming for his 6th Australian Open title whereas a win for Murray would be his first triumph in Melbourne. The match started with Djokovic in control as the top seed cruised to take the opening set 6-1, with a very similar performance to his semi final victory. In the second set Murray fought back and both players treated the many spectators from all around the world to a fantastic level of tennis. As the set progressed it seemed like we would need a tie break to decide the winner however Djokovic had other ideas as he won 5 successive points from 40-0 down to break Murray’s serve in the 11th game. The Serb then went on to serve out the set and put himself within touching distance of an 11th grand slam title. At this point in the match, the result seemed inevitable and the third set was brought to a close when Djokovic had a chance to serve at match point during the tie break, the Serb hit an ace past Murray to secure the 2016 Australian Open title and put himself level with Roy Emerson on 6 Melbourne titles. It was another terrific performance in Australia from Djokovic, who further asserted his authority at the top of men’s tennis and would now have the opportunity to win a record 7th Australian Open trophy when he returns to Melbourne in 2017. What a fantastic start to the year!

Following his Australian Open triumph, Djokovic returned to the ATP World Tour in Dubai where he competed in the ATP 500 event. The number 1 seed took on Tommy Robredo in round one and defeated the Spaniard 6-1 6-2 with another impressive performance. He then beat Malek Jaziri by the same scoreline in the second round to progress into the quarter finals, this victory marked a big moment as it was Djokovic’s 700th ATP World Tour level win and he was presented with a cake (gluten free of course) on court after the match to celebrate his achievement. The following day, Djokovic was back on court to face Feliciano Lopez in the quarter finals but unfortunately had to retire at the end of the first set due to an eye injury. Attention now switched to the Serb’s recovery and then the upcoming Masters event in Indian Wells.

The first ATP Masters 1000 event of 2016 took place was the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells where Djokovic had previously claimed a record 5 titles and was a two time defending champion after triumphs in 2014 and 2015, beating Roger Federer in last year’s final. His title defence didn’t get off to the best start though as Bjorn Fratangelo took the opening set of their second round encounter, thankfully for his many fans the Serb was able to restore normality in the next 2 sets as he secured a 2-6 6-1 6-2 victory to progress into round three. Following his very brief struggle, Djokovic was back to his best as he cruised past Philipp Kohlschreiber, Feliciano Lopez and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga without dropping a set to reach the semi finals. For the second time this year, Djokovic faced Rafael Nadal and this match was much tighter than their last encounter with the first set requiring a tie break, the top seed won that and then went on to take the second set 6-2 to book his place in Sunday’s final. Meanwhile on the other side of the men’s draw Milos Raonic was the player who progressed into the final after his semi final win over David Goffin, meaning the 2016 BNP Paribas Open final would see Djokovic face a player he had a perfect 100% winning record against. As the final got underway that record didn’t look under any threat as the number 1 seed broke the Canadian’s serve twice to take a 4-0 lead on route to claiming the opening set 6-2. It was another terrific performance in a final from Djokovic as he dominated the second set to secure a 6-2 6-0 victory and win his 6th title in Indian Wells.

After his triumph at the BNP Paribas Open, Djokovic headed to the Miami Open where he was aiming to win a record-equalling 6th title. He was also aiming for the ‘treble double’ as he was trying to complete the ‘Indian Wells-Miami Sunshine Double’ for the 3rd successive year. The Serb began his tournament with comfortable wins over Kyle Edmund, Joao Sousa and Dominic Thiem. He then defeated seventh seed Tomas Berdych 6-3 6-3 to secure a semi final spot, where David Goffin would be Djokovic’s opponent. The Belgian had been playing some terrific tennis on route to the semi finals including victories over Gilles Simon and Djokovic’s compatriot Viktor Troicki. The opening set of their semi final encounter was played in incredibly tough conditions due to the immense heat, it was a battle too as neither player was prepared to give their opponent any sort of advantage and consequently the set required a tie break to decide the winner. At this point, the top seed raised his game to take the opening set 7-6 and put himself in a great position to progress into the final. In the second set, Djokovic took control to secure a 7-6 6-4 victory over Goffin and make sure he would return to centre court on Sunday afternoon. The only person who could now stand between Djokovic and a 6th Miami Open title was sixth seed Kei Nishikori, who secured his place in the final with an impressive semi final victory over Nick Kyrgios. The Japanese player made the better start in the final as he broke Djokovic’s serve in the opening game of the match, although his lead was short lived as Novak fought back by winning 5 of the next 6 games to go 5-2 ahead. The Serb went on to serve out the set to clinch it 6-3 and he asserted his authority on the match wi an early break in the second set, which all but ended the contest. On the other side of the net, Nishikori was battling hard however Djokovic’s quality proved to be too good in the 9th game of the set as the Serb broke serve once again to claim the match by a 6-3 6-3 scoreline and seal his 3rd successive ‘Sunshine Double’, something no man has ever done before. As Djokovic lifted the Miami Open trophy for the 6th time, it brought to an end a terrific hard court season which had seen the Serbian superstar win the Australian Open as well as the first two Masters events of the year and an ATP 250 event, now it was time for Djokovic’s clay season to begin, was this finally the year he would capture that elusive French Open title?

In 2015, Djokovic became the first man in history to win the first 3 Masters titles in a calendar year. This was a terrific achievement and he had a chance to match it at the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters if he could retain his title. The Serb’s opponent in his opening match was Jiri Vesely and the Czech played some terrific tennis to seal a tight 3 set victory and knock Djokovic out of the tournament. It was a disappointment for Djokovic but he had the perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways with the next Masters tournament in Madrid just a few weeks away. The top seed arrived in the Spanish capital and normal service was resumed as Djokovic defeated Borna Coric, Roberto Bautista-Agut, Milos Raonic and Kei Nishikori without dropping a set to reach the final. It was a familiar opponent in the final for Novak as he took on second seed Andy Murray. The Brit was the defending champion at this event although he didn’t get off to the best start as Djokovic took the opening set comfortably 6-2, Murray responded well though and won the second set to level the match. In the decisive set, Djokovic took control to claim the title with a 6-2 3-6 6-3 victory.

The following week, Djokovic was in action in Rome where he received a tough draw. Nevertheless, the top seed defeated Stephane Robert, Thomaz Bellucci and Rafael Nadal on route to the semi finals. On Saturday, he had a tough 3 set battle against Kei Nishikori in which he eventually claimed a 2-6 6-4 7-6 victory to reach the final. In the Rome final, Djokovic was up against Andy Murray for the second successive week, the Brit had a slight advantage having played his semi final over 6 hours earlier than Djokovic the previous day. As the match began, Murray started well and went on to take the opening set 6-3. The match was being played in light rain and both players, particularly Djokovic, suggested to the umpire at times that the conditions were unplayable on some parts of the court. Despite this, the umpire refused to check the court surface and play continued and once Murray established a lead in the second set the result began to seem inevitable. The British number 1 went on to defeat Djokovic 6-3 6-3 but it had been a good 2 weeks for the Serb with some good victories over both Murray and Nadal along with claiming the Madrid title.

On 22nd May 2016, it was time for the second grand slam of the year as the ATP World Tour headed to Paris for the French Open. This was a potentially historic event for Djokovic, especially in 2016 as if he were to win the title he wouldn’t just complete the career grand slam, he’d also become the first man to win 4 grand slams in a row since 1969, a feat neither Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal or Pete Sampras have been able to achieve. Roland Garros was a place which held a lot of emotion for Djokovic particularly after losing 3 finals including his 2015 defeat to Wawrinka which saw him receive a 4 minute standing ovation from the Roland Garros crowd after the match who clearly appreciated the outstanding efforts of the Serb to win the trophy. His 2016 campaign in Paris began with a straight sets wins over Yen-Hsun Lu, Steve Darcis and Aljaz Bedene. In the 4th round Nole faced Roberto Bautista-Agut in a match which had to be played over the course of 2 days due to rain, the number 1 seed eventually progressed though with a 3-6 6-4 6-1 7-5 triumph over the Spaniard. As the quarter finals began, Djokovic’s title challenge was looking in good shape and that continued as he saw off Tomas Berdych in straight sets and then defeated Dominic Thiem in dominant fashion 6-2 6-1 6-4 to book his place in the French Open final for the 3rd successive year.

On Sunday 6th June, Novak Djokovic was looking to make yet more history. His opponent for the 2016 French Open final was Andy Murray, who was playing in his first final at Roland Garros. Was this going to be the day that Novak Djokovic finally became a French Open champion?

The match began perfectly for the Serb with a break in the opening game although Murray got the score level straight away and then took the lead as he clinched the opening set 6-3. There was a phenomenal fightback from Djokovic though as he dominated the second set to take it 6-1 and level the match. The momentum was now with the top seed and he performed excellently in the third set on route to taking it 6-2 and edging ever closer to a first French Open title. As the fourth set got underway, Djokovic eased into a 5-2 lead with a chance to serve for the match although his nerves were evident as Murray broke to prolong the match. Despite that, Djokovic served out the match at the second time of asking to seal a historic 3-6 6-1 6-2 6-4 win which saw him crowned 2016 French Open champion. As Murray struck the ball into the net following a long rally in match point, the Serb fell to the clay as the fans on court Phillipe Chatrier rose to their feet to applaud their new champion. Among them was Novak’s friend and 3 time French Open winner Gustavo Kuerten who’s famous celebration where he drew a heart on the Roland Garros court was replicated by Djokovic as he finally claimed the grand slam title which he had been so close to winning on so many previous occasions. It was a beautiful moment. As the trophy ceremony began and Djokovic got his hands on the ‘Coupe des Mousquetaires’ for the first time, the realisation of what this victory meant was beginning to emerge:

– Novak Djokovic had just become only the 8th man to win the career grand slam.

– He was now only the 3rd man in history (and 1st since 1969) to win 4 consecutive grand slam titles.

– Djokovic became the 1st male tennis player ever to hold all grand slam titles on all different surfaces (hard, clay and grass).

– He also became the 1st man to hold all 4 grand slam and the World Tour Finals titles at the same time.
                                It was an incredible achievement for Djokovic who secured his 12th grand slam title and celebrated one of the greatest moments of his career. Sunday 5th June 2016 is a day that fans of Novak Djokovic will never forget.

Following his very successful clay season, Djokovic returned to action on grass at Wimbledon where he arrived as the defending champion after beating Roger Federer in 4 sets a year ago. The Serb began his title defence with a 6-0 7-6 6-4 victory over James Ward on centre court. His next match was against Adrian Mannarino, who Djokovic also defeated in straight sets to create yet another record as he became the first man in the open era to win 30 consecutive grand slam matches. Ahead of his third round match, Djokovic was bizarrely scheduled to play on court 1 despite being the current world number 1 and defending champion. On Friday evening he began his match with Sam Querrey and the American played brilliantly to take a 2 set lead before bad light stopped play after what had been a strange performance from Djokovic. The match was moved to Saturday although didn’t begin until midway through the afternoon due to adverse weather conditions, Djokovic returned to court and secured the third set to begin his attempt at a comeback. At this point, it didn’t seem too improbable that the top seed would find a way to win after being in a similar situation against Kevin Anderson at Wimbledon in 2015 before going on to win the match and then the tournament. He seized a break in the fourth set and had the opportunity to serve to take the match into a decider however he was broken in controversial fashion after two of his first serves in the game were called out despite replays showing that both serves landed in, unfortunately though Djokovic was out of challenges so the incorrect decisions could not be overturned and the set continued. Sam Querrey went on to win the fourth set in a tie break and defeat Djokovic 7-6 6-1 3-6 7-6, the American had played terrifically throughout both days and thoroughly deserved his victory whereas Djokovic had seemed distracted at times and now it was time for him to get some rest ahead of the upcoming hard court season.

The next destination on Novak Djokovic’s calendar was Toronto where the Rogers Cup was taking place. He returned to winning ways in the opening rounds in Canada with victories over Gilles Muller, Radek Stepanek, Tomas Berdych and Gael Monfils to reach the final. The Serb hadn’t been at his best throughout the tournament but still found a way to win 4 matches without dropping a set, there were some outstanding moments throughout those wins including a sublime dropshot in the match against Stepanek and saving 3 set points in the opening set against Tomas Berdych. In the final there was a rematch of the Miami final as Djokovic took on Kei Nishikori, the Serb gained the first break of the match in the sixth game to take a 4-2 lead. He went on to serve out the set to seal it 6-3 and put himself a set away from winning the Rogers Cup for a 4th time. The top seed looked in control when he broke again to go 2-1 ahead in the second set however Nishikori broke back to get the score level in the set. Eventually though Djokovic was able to break again to secure a 6-5 lead and present himself with the opportunity to serve for the title. That was something he did successfully as the Serb clinched his 4th ATP Masters title in 2016 and the 4th Rogers Cup title of his career.

There was an extra tournament on the tennis calendar in 2016 as the players competed for their countries at the Olympic Games in Brazil. The draw wasn’t kind to Djokovic as he was handed a first round encounter against his good friend Juan Martin Del Potro who had recently returned to the ATP World Tour after an enforced long term break due to multiple wrist injuries. Their match was a high quality battle which saw Del Potro’s forehand at its brilliant best as he defeated Djokovic 7-6 7-6. The pair embraced at the net and both left the court in tears after an incredibly emotional match, Del Potro went on to reach the final in Rio and win a silver medal for Argentina.

Ahead of the US Open Novak withdrew from the Masters event in Cincinnati citing an elbow injury. This meant his next event was the final grand slam of the year in New York, where he returned as the defending champion. The number 1 seed opened play in Monday’s night session with a 6-3 5-7 6-2 6-1 victory against former Wimbledon semi finalist Jerzy Janowicz, Djokovic then received a walkover into round three as his round two opponent Jiri Vesely was forced to withdraw from the tournament. That began a strange series of matches for Novak as Mikhail Youzhny retired from their round three match after just 6 games. In the last 16 Djokovic defeated Kyle Edmund 6-2 6-1 6-4 with an impressive performance, he continued to play well in his quarter final match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga as the Serb raced into a two set lead only for Tsonga to retire during the opening game of the third set. In fairness, on the balance of play it’s likely that the third set wouldn’t have lasted too long anyway with Djokovic comfortably in control of the match. On the second Friday of play at Flushing Meadows, Novak was in action in the semi finals as he faced Gael Monfils. The defending champion got off to a good start as he clinched the opening two sets although Monfils fought back to take the third set and begin his attempt at a remarkable comeback. It was a comeback which Djokovic wasn’t willing to let happen though as he secured the 4th set to win the match 6-3 6-2 3-6 6-2 and book his place in Sunday’s final. His opponent in the last grand slam match of 2016 was Stan Wawrinka who was playing in a grand slam final for the 3rd time having won the previous 2, most recently against Djokovic in the 2015 French Open final. Despite this, it was Djokovic that made the better start as he secured an early break although Wawrinka broke back as Djokovic was serving for the set and a tie break was needed to decide the winner of the opening set, the Serb won that tie break 7-1 to take a one set lead. The score was levelled though as Wawrinka broke serve as Djokovic was serving to stay in the set to win it 6-4, the Swiss player then did the same in the third set as he clinched it 7-5. At this point, Wawrinka was playing some of his very best tennis with both his forehand and backhand producing some sublime shots. He went on to win the fourth set 6-3 to win his first US Open title and go level with Andy Murray on 3 grand slam titles. As always Novak was very gracious in defeat and congratulated Stan on his well deserved victory multiple times.

Following the US Open, Djokovic withdrew from the ATP 500 event in Beijing but still headed to China to play in the Shanghai Rolex Masters a week later. The Serb began his title defence with straight sets victories over Fabio Fognini and Vasek Pospisil. In the quarter finals Novak was up against Mischa Zverev and things didn’t go to plan as the German took a 6-3 2-0 lead after a brilliant demonstration of how to use the serve and volley tactic effectively. Despite Zverev’s fantastic performance, Djokovic found a way to produce a comeback as he secured his place in the semi finals with a 3-6 7-6 6-3 win. As the semi finals got underway on Saturday, Djokovic knew he would need to perform better than the previous day if he was to beat Roberto Bautista Agut to reach the final, the opening set was on serve until the 10th game when the Spaniard broke Djokovic’s serve to take the set 6-4. As the second set progressed, Bautista Agut had the opportunity to serve for the match at 5-3 but Djokovic broke after saving a match point with an exceptional return down the line. The Spaniard though would not be denied his victory and he broke serve again with an excellent passing shot to win the match 6-4 6-4 and knock Djokovic out of the tournament.

Novak returned to action at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris, the same city where he secured the career grand slam earlier in the year. His first match was against Gilles Muller who he defeated 6-3 6-4 to progress into the third round where he faced Grigor Dimitrov and came through a tough 3 set battle to claim a 4-6 6-2 6-3 victory. In the quarter finals Djokovic took on the in form Marin Cilic, similarly to his defeat in Shanghai Novak was broken whilst serving to stay in the set as Cilic took it 6-4 putting him a set away from his first ever victory over Djokovic in 15 attempts. The second set had many shifts in momentum but ultimately ended up being decided in a tie break which Cilic won 7-2 to secure a 6-4 7-6 win over Djokovic and end the Serb’s title defence. As a result of Djokovic’s quarter final exit, it meant that Andy Murray would become the new world number 1 if he reached the final. The Brit went on to achieve this after Milos Raonic withdrew from the tournament ahead of their semi final meaning Djokovic would be the second seed at the upcoming ATP World Tour Finals in London.

The season ending championships in London featured the top 8 players in the world who were split into 2 groups where the top 2 players in each group would progress into the semi finals. As the second seed Djokovic was placed into ‘Group Ivan Lendl’ alongside Milos Raonic, Gael Monfils and Dominic Thiem. His opening match in London was against Thiem and the young Austrian proved to be a tough opponent as he took the first set 7-6, the fightback from Djokovic though was excellent as he dominated the remainder of the match to seal a 6-7 6-0 6-2 win. The Serb’s second match took place during Tuesday’s evening session and due to Thiem defeating Monfils during the afternoon, Djokovic knew a win would be good enough to secure his place in the semi finals. After just over 2 hours of play, he managed to defeat Raonic 7-6 7-6 to make sure he would be staying in London over the finals weekend. In Novak’s final group match he was up against David Goffin who replaced Monfils in the draw after the Frenchman withdrew, however the Belgian proved no match for Djokovic as the second seed claimed a 6-1 6-2 victory. In the semi finals Djokovic was up against Kei Nishikori and he showed signs of his old self from the beginning of 2016 with an incredible performance to defeat the Japanese player 6-1 6-1 in just over an hour. On Sunday 20th November, the 2016 ATP World Tour season came to a close with Novak Djokovic taking on Andy Murray for not just the ATP World Tour finals trophy but also for the world number 1 spot. Unfortunately for fans of Djokovic though, Novak was unable to perform at his best in the final and Murray secured a 6-3 6-4 victory to end the year on top of the world rankings. It brought to an end another historic year for the Serb who will be hungry to return to his number 1 ranking in 2017.

As I did my research for this article I came across some impressive statistics from what Djokovic achieved in 2016, some of the best included;
                                – He was the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to win 4 grand slam titles in a row.
                                – The first man ever to hold the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open and world tour finals titles all at the same time.
                                – He is now the only man who has won the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami in the same year on 3 separate occasions.
                                – Djokovic became just the second man (after Federer) to reach all 4 grand slam finals at least 4 times.
                                – He became the first Wimbledon champion in the open era to begin his title defence with a bagel (6-0).
                                – He became the first man in the open era to win 30 consecutive grand slam matches.
                                – With his win in Toronto, Novak became the first man to win 30 ATP Masters titles.
                                – Between the end of the 2014 US Open and the beginning of the 2016 US Open his record on hard courts was 108-8, which is ridiculously good.
                                – Between the start of 2015 and the end of the 2016 French Open, Djokovic won more titles (17) than he lost matches (9).

Despite what you may read about Djokovic’s 2016 elsewhere, it wasn’t such a “bad year” after all really was it?

SPECIAL MENTION

At the end of 2016 it was confirmed that Boris Becker would no longer be coaching Novak Djokovic in the new season. It brought to an end a terrific partnership which saw Djokovic win 6 grand slams, 2 world tour finals, 14 Masters titles. Overall the pair won 25 titles during their 3 year coaching relationship, which was an overwhelming success. I’m sure many Djokovic fans will join me in taking this opportunity to thank Boris for his tremendous work as part of Team Djokovic.

Thank you for reading.

https://hbopinions.wordpress.com/201...history-maker/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X