Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

NADAL - CLAY COURT GLADIATOR OR SEXIEST MAN

A highlight of the 'one of a kind' Malaysia Independence Tennis Festival to be played on November 17-25, 2007 is the Clash of Titans featuring the world's best clay-court player and three-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal facing French star Richard Gasquet - described as the sport's most naturally talented player.

Few athletes have made as much impact on the image of a sport as Rafael Nadal. His arrival on the tennis scene as an extremely charismatic teenager with his long-hair, incredibly powerful body, irreverent capri pants, sexy sleeveless shirts and Spanish good looks have made him the subject of mythical admiration by young women throughout the world. His fantastic displays of grits and guts on the court combined with tremendous sportsmanship have gained the hearts of young and old, male and female in all five continents.

The twenty-one-year old Spaniard is widely regarded as possibly the greatest clay-court player of all time and has been decorated by his legions of fans as the world's sexiest man. The left-handed from Mallorca has never lost a single match at the French Open - one of the most extraordinary records in sport - and holds the longest single surface winning steak in men's tennis open era - a fantastic 81 consecutive wins on clay.

"Richard is a very dangerous player and a tough competitor. I am sure we will have a great match. I feel truly honored to be part of the Celebrations of Malaysia's 50th Anniversary of Nationhood," said Nadal who will be playing in Southeast Asia for the very first time.

The twenty-one year old Spaniard from Mallorca, Spain keeps his business in the family and is coached by his uncle Toni Nadal. The left-handed powerhouse has, in a very short time, amassed twenty three career singles titles, 245 singles matches wins, established himself as the unchallenged world No. 2 player - trailing only the legendary Roger Federer - and has earned over twelve million dollars in prize money.

Nadal's tremendous domination of Roland Garros has caught the tennis world by surprise but it was his success at Wimbledon that left fans and experts alike in awe. Making the transition from the slower red clay courts of Paris to the much faster legendary grass courts of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club at Wimbledon is one of the most difficult challenges a professional tennis player faces each year. Only the geniuses of the sport have been able to tame both the dirt and the lawn in the short time that separates the French Open and Wimbledon.

In 2006 Nadal achieved the nearly impossible task defeating Federer at the French Open final and then shocking the world by reaching his first ever final at Wimbledon four weeks later where he met the Swiss maestro once again. He repeated the amazing performance earlier this year again prevailing against the world No. 1 Federer at Roland Garros and then pushing the 26-year-old winner of 12-Grand Slam titles to the very limit before Federer closed the thrilling five-set Wimbledon final match.

The Federer - Nadal complete domination of the top two positions in the world rankings over the past three years has set in motion one of the greatest rivalries the sport has ever seen - comparable to the Borg/McEnroe, Borg/Connors and Sampras/Agassi eras. But the humble young man better known as Rafa has his own view on the subject.

"I am not afraid of any player. But obviously Federer is the best one, I believe. I admire him but there is no rivalry. Roger is No. 1 in the world; I am No. 2. I am just trying to do everything I can to get as close to him as possible. But in general, I think you can maintain a rivalry while admiring your rival. When I play Roger, it is a special motivation to play better. On the other hand, it is just another match, no? There is more attention, but it is another match."

Rafa creates great turmoil among female fans in each city he visits due to his good looks and amazingly well-contoured body. His buttocks are the subject of a video on YouTube.

"How do you feel about being a sex symbol to thousands of women around the world," asks a Rafa female fan. "Do you wear a G-string when you play? You are the hottest player on the tennis tour," questions another fan.

The incredibly 'down-to-earth' Nadal who defines himself as 'a bit shy' explains to fans that he does not consider himself a sex symbol and likes to lead a very normal life with following football and Formula One, watching movies - appropriately Gladiator is his all-time favorite - and spending time with family and friends as his favorite activities outside of tennis.

When asked which of the all-time great players he would most prefer to play, he answers: "I would choose Borg. He had an incredible mental approach to the game. He had ice in his veins, and I would love to see what I could do against him. If I had to say, I suppose he would win."

Richard Gasquet will have his hands full in trying to tame Nadal's powerful ground strokes on November 20 at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam. But the young Frenchman - fifteen days younger than Nadal - is known by his peers as a fierce competitor gifted with an abundance of natural talented. He is already the winner of four Tour titles, managed to defeat the great Roger Federer in Monte Carlo and is the owner of a classic one-handed backhand which unleashes one of the most beautiful and lethal shots in tennis today. Irrespective of the result of the match, there is no question that the quality of the tennis will be fantastic.

The revolutionary Malaysia Independence Tennis Festival is set up more in the fashion of a music festival than a tennis tournament. It is comprised of the Nadal vs Gasquet Clash of Titans match, the Federer vs Sampras Clash of Times historic encounter to be played on November 22 and the Malaysia Open ATP Challenger Series which commences on November 17.

"It is very good for the development of sport and tennis in Malaysia to bring great players such as Rafael Nadal and Richard Gasquet to play in our Nation. Being able to watch them live right here at home will provide a strong motivation for our youth," said Dato' Seri Azalina Dato' Othman Said, Minister of Youth and Sports.

Comment

moguce da imate ovu sliku,ali ipak,mali Rafa
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
      with experience.

Comment

Hvala BojanaBG

Comment

Nastavak bloga rainbow_xtina

The rest of the story here,

To my extremely stupid question, Carlos smile and answered " yes ". I later on continued and asked if I could have a picture with him and he said 'sure'. I didn't have my camera with me that time and I had to go back to the couch Tess was sitting as. I then couldn't find my camera and I freak out! I went back and I told them I'd lost my camera! Lol like they even care! After a while searching I found it under my bag! hahah!

I asked Carlos friend to take it for me. Then Carlos said that I can sit on his lap! I was a very shy girl so I was really suprised. I replied " "Serious??" and he nod to said yes. Oh well, I had too! So I sat on his lap and his friend took the picture.

I thank them but then his friend said I should take another one. One with me putting my arms around him! Oh dear!!! I asked Carlos "I'm not too heavy am I? "lol!!!

As you can see I'm smilling like a stupid girl and don't even know what to do! lol!!!

After that, Carlos friends asked me and my friend if we speak spainish and we said no. Carlos then asked where we are from and I said I'm from Malaysia and Tess said she is from Melbourne. He asked our age too and then asked about places of interest in Malaysia and melbourne and food in our countries I asked if they had visited Malaysia before and they said no. As I was taking to them I suddenly saw Rafa lying down next to the couch beside me. Where does he come from??? I didn't saw him coming!!! I grab Tess and whispered, "Rafa" and she seems like she know it already! hahah!!!

As I talked to Carlos and his friend, my eyes moved to look at Rafa. His eyes were close and he looked like he is a bit stressed about tommorow match. He spoke a bit of Spainish to his friend beside him. I had to admit that my heart would melt seeing him so gorgeous! I was so excited! ahah!! I then go on to ask about if Carlos enjoy his career and he explain to me how he loves travelling and meeting new people. He then asked us if we are still studiying or working and asked about what we studied. It nice to see that they tread us like new friends. I asked Carlos which court he will be playing tommorow and he said court 1. I said we will go there and cheer for him!

Before they leave, Tess asked for a photo with Carlos again. Then I suggest to take a group photo and I asked Rafa to join in as well. We were just standing straight as normal but then Carlos friend adjusted us and put me in the middle and to be sandwiched by the two spainiard! I think it was Carlos friend that asked us to smile and that is while we are all smiling so naturally!
          The went up to their hotel room after that.

Veliko hvala rainbow_xtina

Nastavi?e se

E sada

Oduvek sam volela ovaj emo, ali nisam imala gde da ga upotrebim

Comment

http://www.grandchelem.net/mon_weblog/2007/07/le-jour-o-apoll.html

The day Apolline understood who Nadal is...
            Without hesitating, Nadal steps two meters in the court and smashes a cross court backhand as hard as was ever seen in the history of tennis and by doing this, he puts Federer back 4 meters of the ball and he launches my first Marsupilami jump against the ceiling (*).

]

Kako lepo opisano i receno :-* :-* :-*

Comment

trenutno nemam vremena da trazim ceo report po forumu,tako da trenutno postujem samo jedan mali deo:

At court 17, Rafa was still practicing so I went over to see.

After his practice Maria Sharapova came into the court and I got this really special picture of Rafa cheaking out Maria! hahah!!!

It's funny seing him turning his head left and right to follow the ball that Maria hit! hahah!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
              with experience.

Comment

rainbow_xtina

First day of Australian open

It was then one of my friend massage me about Rafa practising and I went with her. Then I massage about Rafa's practice to Tess and she was very excited coz we got there early. My friend wanted a picture with Rafa too and when he walked into the court, she asked if she can have a picture with him and he said later, after the practice.

I caught Rafa's in short shorts!!! hahah!!!

So after the practice, she ask Rafa and she got it!!! Yeah!!! I'm really happy for her since her dissapointment from failing to get a picture with Gonzalez the other day. And that make her said that she like Rafa better than Gonzo hahah!

rainbow_xtina

jeta

bojanaBG, hvala ti puno za foto, nisam ih ranije videla.

rafa en mallorca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhB3MZNAxaI

Comment

rainbow_xtina

Monday 14 Jan . afternoon>>>>>

So after delivering the red envelop to Roger ( I got my picture signed for sure!), I stayed on with Tess to watch some more matches which the rest of my friend went back home. I don't have a Rod Laver Arena ticket so I won't be able to watch Rafa's first match in person . Therefore I decided to watch it at the big screen outside.

The friend who took the picture with Rafa earlier in the practice session stayed as well to watch Rafa's match in Rod Laver Arena. I think since Rafa took the picture with her, she was particularly interested to watch him play that night and even bought a ticket for another friend to watch it with her. I only found out about that much later! Geez, I really wish she had bought the ticket for me, coz her other friend wasn't even interested to watch and was sleeping halfway during the match because she was too tired!

It was already evening when I went with Tess to the outside courts to watch Feli's match. She want to watch the match until it's finish but I remembered that I told Carlos last night that I will go and watch him and even cheer for him! So I went on my own to watch Carlos's match. I got there when he was in the second set and I saw him won it. He was leading in the third set and I thought he should be okey eventhough he lost the first set. I was really tired by then and I decided to go home and watch Rafa on TV instead.

Ofcourse Rafa make it through the first round easily as usual but when I went online I found that Carlos had lost the 1st round. Oh no!!! I though "All my fault!" hahahah!!! Maybe if I had stayed till the end he might just win!!! Just kidding! I though he could at least make it to the 3rd or 4th round.

Pictures from Tuesday practice

And Rafa signing autographs before he left.

Veliko hvala rainbow_xtina

Comment

• Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

Dugo citam sta postujete, pa sam odlucila da se napokon registrujem. Tenis je moj omiljeni sport.
                    Rafa je sjajan teniser i dobar frajer, pa posto informacija ovde ima bas puno, evo malo paparazzi izvestaja ;)

Nadam se da vam se svidja clanak. Sjajne su foto.
                    Drago mi je da sam medju vama,

POZZZ

Comment

Rafa - Cronicas Marcianas
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjATSORMg4

What else does Rafa do with his left hand
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKy0qHT0iU

Comment

Dobrodosla Angel!
                        Uzivaj

Comment

Hvala Cali :-* :-*
                          Uzgred, da li je tvoj nick ime one Indijske boginje na koju mislim ili sam se zbunila?

Comment

Nisi se zbunila.
                            Jeste, moj nik Cali(samo sto se pise Kali

Comment

Cali Tee, ovaj video <Rafin trening na Majorci

<Rafa - Cronicas Marcianas> mislim no comment

<What else does Rafa do with his left hand>

Angel

Artist on Artist - Nadal y Casillas

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=27313084

Comment

Working...
                              X