ATP - Rafael Nadal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal keeps on collecting records: today he won his first grass court crown Forget about his forehand drive, his backhand, his muscles, his physical endurance: the greatest stroke Nadal has is in his mind, that is where the Spaniard's greatest advantage lies."Partly my fault, you know, and partly was luck as well. You got to have a little bit of luck," added Djokovic, who is not usually very generous when it comes to acknowledging Nadal's merits.

Luck? It does exist in sport, of course, but Nadal's greatest fortune has its source in his head, which drives him never to give up and to believe he can always give that bit more. If not impeded by physical problems, he could end 2008 in a quite astonishing manner.

Toni, a satisfied and proud uncle

J. P-G.
    BARCELONA

"Well done. You played a great match, congratulations" were the first words Rafael Nadal listened yesterday when he called his uncle Toni, few moments after his Queen's win. He was proud and excited and wanted to share his happiness with him, as always. They talked before the match to set up the tactics along with Francis Roig who was on charge to support the tennis player this week as they usually do when his coach doesn't travel with his nephew.
    "This is a very important victory because it is his first grass title and it will give him confidence to reach other goals. It is the greteast evidence of his game evolution. It is completely different from his first year at Halle when it was hard for him to move in the grass" remembered Toni Nadal
    The coach was very happy with his nephew presentation, there was only a 'but', that is exactly the same his nephew told him on the phone yesterday. "I thought he would lose the first set on 6-1" remembering he was losing 3-0 in the begining. "Then he could react. He started changing the ball direction and speeded it up." explained. "Win Wimbledon? This is another story" evaluated Toni Nadal. But he knows his nephew has the weapons to try it. "When things are going fine, we should not change"

Toni Nadal: "He's more inside the court; more aggressive"
    "Rafa has left me with very good feelings," said Toni to this newspaper. "He has played at a very high level against really good opponents, very dangerous ones like Karlovic because of the way he plays, a five-times champion like Roddick, and Djokovic, against whom he played a good match."

Nadal's good performances on grass are not just by chance, but the result of work to improve his game. "Grass is not a bad surface for him, as the two Wimbledon finals show. But, he has undoubtedly improved his serve and is also more aggressive with his backhand, which he already demonstrated at Roland Garros. In addition, he is playing more inside the court, he is going forward much more often and that is fundamental on this type of surface. In short, he is more aggressive," "It's a lottery. If you have a bad day, the rain comes, or you are lined up against a big server, you can be in the street." Rafa was on the point of being eliminated early, against Soderling and Kendrick, in previous years.

Vamos tio Toni
    :-* :-*

Comment

• Friday, June 20, 2008
      Back in London and feeling good on grass

Hi everybody,

I am back in London and back writing this blog. First of all I would like to thank this newspaper for giving me this opportunity to write this blog again here during WIMBLEDON and thanks to all you readers for following me and reading what a non writer like me does. I hope I don't make too many mistakes.

I feel great back here in London, or better if I say at Wimbledon. I had a great week in London after Roland Garros playing at the Artois Championships at Queen's. I didn't think I could win it when I was travelling on the Eurostar (without air conditioning by the way) with my parents and a couple of my team. We went straight from the station to the club to practice and when I first hit my ball the sensations were different. I did feel better on the next day playing doubs and the feeling got better and better every day. So great win, my first title on grass and really looking forward to this year's Wimbledon.

I decided after lifting the trophy to change a bit my plans and went to Mallorca to rest for 3 days. I only got back here to London yesterday and had my first practice at Wimbledon yesterday. As I say I was supposed to come back to London on Monday or Tuesday the latest to start preparing for Wimbledon.

But changed that since I needed 3 days of rest. I have only been at home 8 days in the last 4 months and that's also "thanks" to the fact that I lost 1st round in Rome. Otherwise it would have been only 4 days... Tough. So I needed those 3 days at home, playing golf, being with my family and friends and forgetting a bit about tennis.

I was supposed to play today an exhibition at Hurlingham Club but had to cancel since I did not feel ready to play and could not cheat to the people there. I feel I needed to practice a bit more here and so I decided to cancel that participation.

In any case here we are and l hope you will follow me this Wimbledon.

Thanks. Rafa

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...in-london.html

Comment

Pitanja i odgovori

Q&A

Friday, June 20, 2008

Rafa answers your questions: What is it about watching fish that you like so much?

I know this may be a strange question, but many people, including myself, want to know what cologne(s) do you wear? Brandy, Memphis, TN

RN: Hi, I use to wear my own one that a Spanish company designed for me. Now I use Lanvin.

Hola Rafael. Rafa, why are you always late? Whenever I read about you it seems you're late for everything but when it's time to step on court. Well, I've heard that you can be late for that too. Vamos Campeon. Cedrine.

RN: That's very funny. Yes, I am kind of late always for certain things. I am never late for practice. Something that I don't do on purpose. TIme simply goes fast and I find myself late... Sorry.

Hello Rafa. Congratulations! You won Artois Championship in style! I'd like to ask you this question: Have you practiced at Wimbledon yet? How do you feel about the grass there? How difference between this grass and the grass of Queen's? I mean that is it bounce higher and slower or faster. Thank you very much!

RN: Yes, I started today. I like the grass a lot and I enjoy being here. I don't see much difference at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't rain too much though.

Rafa i love the way you play and your physical presence on the court, what made you decide to build your body in such a way instead of being like most other tennis players? Thanks Daniel Mason, Kent

RN: I did nothing, believe me. I don't go much to the gym. I don't like it. I am just like this and most of my training is on the court. That's where I really like to be.

Greetings Rafael,

My question is about fish. I read that while in New York at the US Open last year you said you liked going to the aquarium to watch the fish. What is it about watching fish that you like so much? Do you feel a connection to the natural world in general? Thank you, Naomi Wallace

RN: That was during Australia. In the end I couldn't go but I wanted to. I like the fish in general and I like going fishing a lot as you know. I just like it. Mallorca is a privileged place to be and the natural world there is fantastic. I suppose that's why I like it so much.

Good to have you back Rafa, excellent blog last year!

Do you see your team, Real Madrid, next season lifting the trophy very similar to the one you won last week at Queen's Club, and with or without Ronaldo? Regards, Martin (Ramsbottom, Lancs)

RN: I don't know if it will happen but I hope it does. Would be amazing. Both lifting the Champions League trophy and having Cristiano Ronaldo playing for Real Madrid.

Good luck for Wimbledon. Hope you win it this year. However, looking ahead - given that the US hard court season after Wimbledon is your least successful - Would you consider playing doubles with Pete Sampras in some of the build up events in preparatioin for the US Open? As he was very successful there and also as his style of play was so different to yours, he could give you some useful hints. Bini Chandaria

RN: Pete Sampras playing doubles with me? Never thought about it. Not sure that would help my game. I am sure he would be able to give me good advice on things but I also have faith in my uncle and we have done things right. I had a bit of bad luck last year with that knee problem. Hopefully this year I will arrive fit and will definitely try to improve my record there.

RN: Many thanks. I spent 3 days at home and had a great time. I actually went out with some friends for dinner... But my favorite dish with her is fish anyway.

Hola Rafael, muchas gracias for writing another Blog for us. I wonder if there is also a little bit of superstition with the Blogs during the Grand Slams. In Paris, you have written one for the third time now and won again and you've also had a very good result in Wimbledon the last year when you've also written a Blog. Have you ever thought about that or not at all? I know you always say you're not superstitious. Best of Luck for Wimbledon, hopefully this Blog will be the Blog of the Wimbledon Champion in 2008. Best of Luck, Annika

RN: No, no superstition, believe me. I think it is great to be able to communicate like this, much more personal. I did the blog from Wimby last year and did not win it so according to you I should change and not write it...

Have you ever tried to hit a baseball? The way you swing your two-handed backhand sometimes looks just like you are hitting a baseball. I know that you play all other sports right-handed so it would be interesting to see if you would hit more home runs right-handed or left-handed. On which side do you think you would be more successfull, meaning hit more home runs? I hope sometime the ATP invites you to take a professional baseball batting practice when you are in the United States. mamasue

RN: It would be different because I am a natural right handed so would hit it funnily.

RN: Wow, tough question. I don't know. But I do know I work very hard and that I put on everything to win. So i guess you have to look for that destiny to find it, right?

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...nswers-yo.html

Comment

Monday, June 23, 2008

Unbelievable victory brings variety to Wimbledon preparations

Hi everyone!

Today I am a very happy person. I normally am, but today, after the football match I can't say I could not be happier. We watched the match at the house I have rented in Wimbledon. Me, Toni, Rafa Maymo, Benito from my team, Feliciano Lopez, his girlfriend, Albert Costa, Richy Sanchez (coach of Jankovic), Toni Estalella and Gabriel Urpi (coach of Penetta) are the ones that watched the match here.

Great atmosphere!!! Feli as always very critical with the whole match except with his friends Sergio Ramos and Casillas hahahahahaha. But I suppose because we were all nervous. I hope Spain will win. We broke this June 22nd thing and we won in penalties! I can say I was not nervous before the match and you might think that's normal, but everybody around was nervous. I wasn't because I had a lot of faith on our team, but as the match started and the minutes passed I was starting to get nervous. As the 90 minutes approached then I was really nervous. I am sure you do not want me to do a whole analysis of the match (although I like to do this) but wow. I jumped unbelievable when we won. I believed on the victory but you know it is always difficult against Italy!

So my day, apart from this moment was a normal day at the club. I practiced twice yesterday as I normally do before the competition starts. Once the competition has started then I normally practice only once. We do this, or at least I do it, to save energy for the matches. Unless I am playing really bad and then I need to practice more this is the way I do it.

Then I go to the locker room to debrief with Toni and Maymo. The only negative thing so far is that the tournament only gives us one badge to get into the locker room. That means that Maymo, who is always with me taking care of my body, taping me, etc, can't have access this year to the locker room. I don't think this is normal since he is my physiotherapist, he is a professional, he goes at every locker room and I need him inside. We have asked the organization and they say only one, Toni or Rafa. Very strange and unfortunate. But it is not my tournament so I don't make the rules.

Anyway, for the rest everything well and I'm looking forward to the start of the competition, my competition!

Many thanks,

Rafa

Questions for Rafa

Hola Rafa! Can you tell me if you need to follow a specific diet during a tournament? Can you get away with eating icecream every day? Good luck for Wimbledon.
          Tania from UK.

RN: Hi, I don't have a specific diet but I do watch more what I eat. If you follow my blog you will know exactly what I eat.

Rafa, if you could do anything in this world, what would it be and why?
          -Ayesha Kapedia

RN: As of today I would play the semifinals of the Eurocup with Spain... Smile But I don't know in reality what would I do.

Hi Rafa, welcome back - it's great to have you blogging here in London again!
          I was wondering: in your US blog you said that you bought a cuddly toy (un peluche), as you do every year. What do you do with them all?! Do you have a room in which you keep all your trophies and cuddly toys? Or do you keep them in bed with you? Thanks for your time.
          Emma Chesterman.

RN: I have them at home, but I don't sleep with them, that's for sure Smile

Hola rafa, i know you are a big football fan. i wanted to ask if you were able to play and train with any present footballer in the world who would you choose and why?
          Sonia Ihsan, High Wycombe

RN: I am a huge football fan! But I am a tennis player. I have had the opportunity and luck to play with many football players and I love it. I would love to practice with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Hey! You're a great player. I was wondering if you wear the clothes you are wearing during a match are the same one during the whole tournament or if you get new ones for every match. And what do you do with your old clothes? Do you just throw them away?
          Kirsten Perfors

RN: I wear both new and used. I give away most of it but I do keep one of each of the models I use as a memory.

Dear Rafa, how often do you go to the hairdresser (only in Majorca)? I really like your hairstyle!
          All the best for Wimbledon, your big fan
          Kati Negele, Germany.

RN: Thanks. I actually just got my hair cut in Mallorca after Queen's. But sometimes I cut it at tournaments.

Dear Rafa, how do you transition from clay to grass or hard courts, particularly so quickly after events like Roland Garros? When I watch you play it seems like so much of what you do on the court is reflex or instinct, for example sliding into or out of points, so how do you change style so quickly? Also, have you prioritised your grass development over hard court or vice versa? Very best wishes for Wimbledon, we have a saying in English which you may not have in Spanish: third time lucky! Vamos!
          Anna, Brisbane, Australia

RN: I have to change otherwise I can't play. When I said I needed to learn more it was something clear. I think I am learning and I just simply try to adapt.

How do you stay so motivated, concentrated and in control? Doubt, fear and distractions must creep in sometimes. I only ask because you're my ultimate role model in this respect.
          Sarah Burton, Cambridge.

RN: I just try to think on what I have to do. When I was younger my uncle taught me that on those special moments I need to be more focussed.

Why do you think that Wimbledon has such a unique and iconic status among international tennis tournaments? What makes it so special? Good luck!
          Kiri Bloom

RN: It is the one with more history, different, grass, silence during points, the weather, ... I don't know.

Vamos Rafa

Comment

R. Nadal - 21 June

Saturday, 21 June, 2008

Pre-event press interview with Rafael Nadal, the no.2 seed in the men's singles.

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Rafa.

Q. What effect does your performance last year, especially the final against Roger, have on your thoughts on this year's Wimbledon?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, not much difference, no? Similar like every year. Just come here with motivation, best motivation, try to enjoy playing on grass. Is strange surface. Well, try to find my best performance.

Q. What has been the biggest change that has made you the player you are on grass right now?

RAFAEL NADAL: Every year you try to improve your tennis, no?

I think is stupid say what you improve on grass? What are you improving on grass? Because is impossible to improve on grass when you are only playing two weeks in a year. Is impossible to improve on grass.

Is possible to improve your tennis on other surfaces. You can have more options for play on grass. But you improve your tennis in the rest of surfaces. Later on grass, if you have more options, you can serve a little bit better, you can go to the net more times, you can have one slice, you can play more aggressive. That's going to help you a lot for play on grass, no?

Q. You had breakpoints last year in the fifth set against Roger. Was there a time after the match that you replayed those points in your mind thinking you could have done something different?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, that's too much, no? The tennis continuing every week after the Wimbledon final of last year, no? Was a very, very good week for me, two weeks. I played very good tennis, especially in the final. Finally I lost. I have to accept that. That's a hundred percent normal. Just, you know, one hour after the match is tough because you lose important chance, and you never know if you gonna have another chance in the future.

But after that, the life continuing. Always try my best in the next tournament.

Q. After you beat Roger in Paris, Bjorn Borg said he thinks you're going to win here. What are your thoughts on that prediction?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, Bjorn is a special person, special tennis person. And when Bjorn say something, everybody listen Bjorn (smiling). I only can say thanks to Bjorn for his words. A lot of times he spoke very nice things about me, so just thanks of this.

But, you know, Bjorn is not magic.

Q. Over the years there have been many great French Open champions, Bruguera, Muster, Guga, who haven't bothered to come here after winning the French Open. You never thought like that. Why?

RAFAEL NADAL: If you wants to be a big player, important player, you want to be in the top positions, well, is impossible don't come of one tournament like this.

So, well, Wimbledon was very important in my mind always. Just happy for be here for another time.

Q. Have you been able to relax in between your tennis matches and practice by watching the European football championships?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes.

Q. Do you think Spain can beat Italy and go on and win the title?

RAFAEL NADAL: We gonna win this year, no doubts.

Q. What do you think of Ronaldo joining a rival club of yours?

RAFAEL NADAL: Don't ask me nothing about this, please. Because in Spain, all they are speaking about is Ronaldo going to Real Madrid. But I don't know.

Q. Would you like to see him play in Madrid?

RAFAEL NADAL: For sure, yes. Sorry for Manchester (smiling).

Q. Would it be a dream summer if you could win Wimbledon and Spain to win Euro2008? Would that be a perfect scenario for you
            ?

RAFAEL NADAL: More than perfect.

Q. Since we touched on other sports, what were your thoughts on what Tiger Woods did last week? And what are you thinking, knowing he did it with these bad injuries?

RAFAEL NADAL: You know, is very tough finish a tournament and can't play more during the same season, no? But, you know, Tiger is probably my idol. I never have an idol, no? But is probably the sportsman who I admire more, no?

Because I like a lot his mentally I like a lot his eyes when he's gonna have the important shot. So he is always playing with unbelievable determination in important moments.

The last part of the fourth day, only one guy with unbelievable concentration, unbelievable determination, and big confidence on yourself. Only Tiger can do it something like this, no?

He has two days for lose with the par 5, and both days he had a birdie. You know how tough is I know how tough is playing having pain, and the concentration is very difficult have very good concentration when you are, in my case, running or touching the ball and you feel pain.

That's unbelievable win U.S. Open like this, no?

Q. Do you think Roger is more vulnerable on grass this year than previous years?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, a lot. He didn't lose a set on Halle. 59 matches without lose. C'mon.

Q. On the court, you're a very hyperactive person, but you also like to fish, which is a quiet, serene experience. How do you explain that difference in your personality?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think I am more hyperactive outside the court than inside. I hate be at home on the sofa watching television, waking up at 11:00 in the morning, because I feel I lose the day.

No, at the same time I am normal, calm guy probably, but always love doing things, no?

Q. Did you catch anything when you fished in Mallorca?

RAFAEL NADAL: Four tunas.

Q. At the end of Queen's you were tired. Do you feel better for your few days in Mallorca?

RAFAEL NADAL: Always is good coming back at home, no, especially if your home is Mallorca.

Q. Maybe it hasn't happened in the long time, maybe when you were a junior, but when you lost very badly to an opponent, how did you feel psychologically the next time you played that same opponent when they beat you very badly?

RAFAEL NADAL: When he beat me easy?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I don't know. When he beat me easy, I think I didn't play very good tennis or he played unbelievable, no? You know, when you go on court, you can lose, you can win. But if you lose easy is because you are not prepared mentally.

The next time when I play against him, just try to be very focused all the time and try to play my best.

Q. Did it affect you the next time you played?

RAFAEL NADAL: In what way?

Q. In a good way or a bad way.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, always is better when you come back on court if you have one head to head 6 0 for you than 0 3.

But, you know, later is a challenge, too, no, beat a guy, one person, no, one player, who your game his game is not very easy for you, no?

Q. Apart from watching Spain at Euro2008 and catching tuna, how else will you be spending your time to switch off from the tennis once you walk away from Wimbledon?

RAFAEL NADAL: After Wimbledon?

Q. During the tournament, but after you've played a game, how do you spend your evening or your time to allow you to switch off?

RAFAEL NADAL: You never know, no? I have a house here. Easier for everything.

Q. Do you have your friends and family here?

RAFAEL NADAL: I hope have a lot of time for spend, because if not I going to spend a very good time in Mallorca (smiling).

But, no, I don't have friends here. I have lot of films, PlayStation. I have some books to read. I don't know. You never know.

Q. Probably for you Roland Garros is very important, but how important is it to win this tournament, Wimbledon?

RAFAEL NADAL: For me is important like any other player, no? Everybody wants to play good here and win. I think for everybody is a dream win the tournament in Wimbledon, no

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...040296696.html

Malo fotografija sa Wimbledona

Comment

Crys hvala na slikama prelepe su ;) i sutra VAMOS RAFA!!!!!
              Trazite ljude koje biste voleli, to je tajna i uspeh citavog zivota...

Comment

Monday, June 23, 2008
                Birthday party before the real excitement starts

Hi Everyone,

OK, so tomorrow (Tuesday) I start playing. I am very excited since you all know I love the competition. Last year I arrived early here in London and the wait to start was long. Also we had bad weather and all that, but this year I arrived late to Wimbledon and the wait has been incredibly short. It is actually already Monday and tomorrow we are off to play.

So my days have been easy and quite. No hick-ups. I have been practising and since the weather has been holding we cannot complain. This year the house where I am staying is even closer to the club. Walking it takes me 1 minute or 2 and so I can practice and go home for lunch, watch some TV, play some PS and go back to practice. We had lunch today and did the normal pasta I always do. Pasta with mushrooms and seafood. We didn't have seafood today so I just put some surinami I think it is called. These Japanese sticks that taste so good. I put a lot of onions before so it is really nice. Carlos Costa, my manager, arrived last night so he came for lunch and we also took the chance to talk about different things. I also talk to him a lot about tennis since he was a very good tennis player and knows a lot so it is always good to have him around.

Tonight we are going to the city since we have been invited to Albert Costa's birthday dinner. His wife has come and has organized this secret dinner. A whole bunch of people will be there and so no cooking tonight for me. I normally don't go to London during these weeks but tonight it is special so we will be there. The dinner, where? of course at El Cambio de Tercio !!! I think we are over 25 people so I am sure it will be a lot of fun !

I am feeling good and let's see how this starts. You never know with Wimbledon and grass.

Thanks to all.
                Rafa

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...day-party.html

Questions for Rafa

What is the one thing you had to learn the hard way?
                Kilana, Liverpool

Rafa: Tennis. I have practiced a lot to get better and that's the way I do everything. I work hard.

You have many sponsors, how fun do you have making commercials? Do you feel like an actor? I saw the one you did with Pau Gasol, and it was so funny! Good luck in Wimbledon and hopefully Spain will win Euro 2008 also.
                Hannah

Rafa: I actually don't like it anymore. at the beginning you like it. It is new, it is a lot of time but you know. Now I know it is part of my job but that's it. The one with Pau was actually fun because we joked a lot and it was cool. But in commercials you have to do things over and over again and it can get very boring.

I know you respect all players and try to get along well with them, but do you think you will ever be as close to or have the same level of relationship with Djokovic as you have with Federer? All the best for Wimbledon. I am so confident you will win this time.
                Tinay, Manila

Rafa: I don't know. I have a good relationship with roger but I know him for many years. I don't know if I'll get there with Novak too. We'll see.

Why were you in an almost bad mood at the Roland Garros ceremony this year? You didn't seem like a guy who's just won a grand-slam. You looked rather sad or angry and barely smiling. Why is that? Were you maybe 'disappointed' (in a way) about Roger's game; maybe you were expectingc a more glamorous victory or were you simply stunned by the fact you won RG 4 times? Could you tell us what was it? Thanks and good luck for the tournament.
                Maria, Belgrade

Rafa: I wasn't in a bad mood at all. I was happy but the way things went on court I thought it was the right thing to do. And also it is difficult for me with the language, come on!

Who is your favourite current Spanish footballer and why?
                Shi-nan

Rafa: Today the whole team and during these weeks Villa and of course Casillas. But i think football is a matter of team.

I saw you on TV at Queens doing exercises with bands using the net on the court for stability, I'd love to see what other exercises you do, will you be bringing out a DVD in the future of your training methods? Also your book "The story of a phenomenon" is only published in Spanish on your website, is it going to be published in English? I'd love to read it.
                Julie Westbrook-Finch

Rafa: These exercises were to work the muscles below. You tend to work those more on grass.

Have you ever played badminton? If so how good were you and if not how well do you think you could play?
                Sharon

Rafa: No, I haven't. I know it is played a lot here in England and in Asia.

How do you stay so grounded and humble? And what or who is the biggest influence in making you the person you are today? I've seen your interviews from Wimbledon, French Open to Chennai Open, and you've always presented yourself with such dignity and maturity.
                Ameeta.G

Rafa: Why would I be different just because I play good tennis? My family has educated me this way and I agree with this.

Your English is amazing, and is just improving all the time, so I just want to know do you have lessons or do you just pick it up from hearing other people talk or watching movies/TV etc?
                Carol

Rafa: Thanks a lot. This one, the writing one, is not actually me typing, that's why it is better :-) I dictate in my Spanish and gets translated. I don't take lessons, no time ! I just improve with the traveling, practicing and of course making mistakes ! :-)

In your previous blog, you told us you were watching Prison Break and Lost. What series and movies are you currently watching? Is Fidgiano also with you in your rented house?
                Tania from Vamos Brigade, UK

Rafa: Yes, I did watch all of them. I even had the chance to meet the actor from Prission Break this year at the Rome event. Fidgiano this year decided to go to a different house since we were quite short on space and he wanted more room. He came yesterday to watch teh Spain v Italy match.

I admire the way you handle yourself in the public eye. What is the most outrageous thing that has ever been written about you? Good Luck,
                Jill, Ohio

Rafa: I have no idea, really.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...ons-for-1.html

Comment

Idemo dalje, VAMOS RAFAELE!!!!!
                  Trazite ljude koje biste voleli, to je tajna i uspeh citavog zivota...

Comment

Ja sam presrecna danashnjim izdanjem Rafe...puno servis winner-a i na sve to josh 17 aseva! WOO HOO! Bio je maximalno fokusiran i zelja da bude shto bolji ove godine na W. je vishe nego primetna. Odlichno je igrao, a Beku mogu samo da chestitam na zaista dobroj borbi, evidentno je da Beck moze mnogo da uradi u buducnosti.
                    VAMOS!!!

Comment

• VAMOS RAFA VAMOS

Comment

WooHoo!!! Pobeda! Rafa je igrao prilicno dobro Hvala za slike ;)

Comment

Vamos Rafa para adelante !!!

Comment

Intervju neposredno nakon me?a 1. kola

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7472043.stm

Kako divan osmeh ima Rafa

R. Nadal - 24 June

Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Rafael Nadal def. Andreas Beck 6?4, 6?4, 7?6

Q. A great serving performance today. No breakpoints to face. Can we talk a little bit about how you've gone about improving your serve over the last three years. For example, did you use electronic equipment to look at your service motion, freeze frame, where your feet or arm was in a particular situation, or was it just a matter of hitting more and more balls?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, yeah, today I served well. Second record aces. I had 18 two years ago against Agassi here, and today 17. So happy with my serve.

I improve because I am young and I must improve. I practice for improve always. Every day, every month. My goal always is be better player, so for that reason I improved a little bit my serve.

Q. How important is that at Wimbledon? How important is it to have a better serve at Wimbledon?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's important in every surface. Probably in clay a little bit less important. But every surface it's very important have a good serve, no? In grass is very, very important, too.

So, yeah, right now I happy about how I serve today and the way I was serving today. But, you know, is only the first match. I have to continuing.

Q. How much of a better player do you feel you are on grass compared to last year?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I really don't know, no? Everybody ask me the same. Last two years I played the final in Wimbledon, so is very, very difficult say I am better player. I don't know if I am better player, especially because I didn't play on grass ? only one tournament.

In my opinion, I am more complete player because I have more options to do, no? But I don't know if I am better player or not on grass. I think in general, yes.

Q. The new rule about having only one person with you in the locker room here, how are you adjusting to that? Is it your uncle who comes with you in the locker room or the trainer?

RAFAEL NADAL: The coach. Toni is coming to the locker room. Sometimes I have problems. Is a little bit a strange rule, no? The tournament have to change, in my opinion. In my humble opinion, the tournament have to change that, no?

Because if we travel with one physio, the physio has to be before the match on the locker room to do the tapes for everything, no? And, well, here the people who manage the locker room, the persons inside the locker room, they are very nice.

When I have a problem they go and bring my physio, my trainer, inside. So today was perfect because they did that for me. So only can say thank you very much.

Q. I noticed you're wearing tapes around the bottom of your knees. Do you have a problem with your knees, or is it to prevent a problem?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. If you saw me play, I played always like this, no?

Q. With the tapes around?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes.

Q. The Spanish football team, they went through after a penalty. How nerve?wracking was that?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think the same like everybody, no? A lot of nervous. So we finish the match jumping, everybody. So was very, very important for us be in the semifinal.

But right now I think we have to continuing.

Q. We know you're a very good player on grass. How do you explain the rest of the Spaniards right now, their play on grass?

RAFAEL NADAL: They play good, but not only right now. They play good in the past. Ferrero made quarterfinal here last year. Ferrer fourth round, not last year, two years ago. Verdasco the same. Good chances for being in quarterfinals. I think is nothing new, no?

Q. Do you think some of the former players that were top ranked that didn't play Wimbledon, was that a mistake?

RAFAEL NADAL: In the past?

Q. Like Corretja, Bruguera, these players that often skipped Wimbledon.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it was different moment. I am not one for say is mistake because they know ?? well, everybody knows more than others how (speaking in Spanish).

THE INTERPRETER: They know themselves better than everybody else.

RAFAEL NADAL: I think in the past, I don't know if the ranking was zero if you didn't come here. I didn't know exactly how working. I never going to do something like this. I love play here.

Q. Would you like an early game on Thursday so you can get to the watch the football?

RAFAEL NADAL: I hope so (smiling).

Q. Do you feel confident for first round to go through next round and so on? Was it good for you?

RAFAEL NADAL: I have a difficult draw. I gonna play against very tough opponent, one of the worst opponent who I can play in the second round, being the No. 2 seeded.

Well, Gulbis is a good player. Very aggressive player. Very good serve. He play very aggressive with amazing forehand. He's very young, too.

Q. When you're serving this well, does it put you in a different mentality, the same mentality that Andy Roddick had or Pete Sampras had, that all you have to do is take care of your serve and you win?

RAFAEL NADAL: Not yet. Not yet, no.

Q. Did you hear the person shout 911 when there was an emergency and somebody fell? Did it affect you at all?

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't know, but I listen, Code 911. I didn't know.

Q. I was wondering if it changed your focus at all.

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I saw everybody looks someplace, but I don't know. The true, I didn't.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...311854156.html

Vamos Rafa

Comment

Nastavak bloga

Wednesday 25th June 2008

Hi everyone,

Once again I am happy and it is nice to be like this everyday. I won my first round match at Wimbledon and that, for me, it is great news. IT is always difficult, believe me, these first rounds. Today's opponent has a great service and as I said yesterday can hit very strongly. But I played well and specially I served very well. I guess you don't want to hear more of me about the match so I tell you other stories.

It is funny how most of my press conference today and some of your questions are about football. I know football is the biggest sport in the World and I also love to talk about it. So it is cool with me. Specially when Spain is playing the semifinals of the Eurocup. So there you go, I had a lot of questions about my thoughts on the match against Russia, etc. I love answering questions about football but I don't really understand why so they ask me? I know that I am quite popular and what I say is always useful but when they ask me for the ideal 11 playing or things like that it is funny. One other thing is that Giorgio di Palermo, a Tour Manager from the ATP, is really upset with me and some of the other Spaniards around since we gave him a hard time the other day after the Italy v Spain match. Well, he has to remember that when Roma eliminated Real Madrid from the Champions League earlier this year he more or less behaved like this. So here it is my revenge. In any case Giorgio is a great guy so, come one man, don't get upset. We deserved to win and Italy, a country that I truly love and enjoy very much, played simply ugly and bad. But they are the World Champions so respect to them.

I did not mention the other day is that I bought a nice painting of Marilyn Rock by the reccomondation of Daniel Muszkat, who is the representative of the artist Daniele Donde. My agent Carlos Costa introduced me to him and I just loved that painting. Not that I am very much into art but I do like these things and specially paintings. My uncle loves it too. I also got a present today from a sculptress called Louise. Really beautiful so I have to thank her. Last year she already made one of me and gave it to me. She actually brought it to Mallorca and it is really nice of her.

I am sort of shy and when people give me these presents I really have a tough time. I hope they all take it right. It is simply that also my English is not the best so I struggle a bit. But I really appreciate all these gestures.

Many thanks to all and until tomorrow.

Rafa

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...py-to-hav.html

Questions for Rafa

What was the first match you remember watching from Wimbledon and did you imagine one day you would play a final there?
                              Vanessa, England.

Rafa: I always watched Wimbledon since I was a kid. I actually don't remember the first match I saw. I always wanted to play the finals. Actually to win it.

Do you find it a bit boring when you have to play the same players in the semis and finals at tournaments (Federer and Djokovic)?
                              Benedict Watson (aged 7), Wales

Rafa: No, not boring at all. It is exciting because it means I am on the final. But obviously I would prefer "easier" players.

Who is your favourite Spanish footballer is? I like Fabregas, Torres and Sergio Ramos and want Spain to win Euro 2008. Hope you win Wimbledon too!
                              Dominic Watson (10 years)
                              Rafa: Many thanks. I also want Spain to win . My favorite player is the whole team to be honest. But Villa, Silva, Senna and Casillas have been doing great lately.

If Spain win their semi-final against Russia would you prefer to play against Germany or Turkey in the final?
                              Rafael Sanchez

Rafa: It doesn't matter. If we are in the final we will have a lot of confidence and the rival probably deserved it too, so difficult in any case...

You've just turned 22. Do you ever think about how much you have achieved at such a young age, and does it ever shock you? What do you think about the increasingly young age of tennis superstars?
                              Pamela Garratt

Rafa: No, I don't think about it although I think I know well how difficult it is.

Wimbledon is a bit famous for its streakers. If this happened during one of your matches, how do you think you would react?
                              Nichole

Rafa: Depends if it is a man or a woman...

Would you prefer to win Wimbledon or a gold medal at the Olympic Games?
                              Niamh, Ireland

Rafa: WIMBLEDON !!! (and then a gold medal....

What do you think of Malaysia since you are the most popular tennis player in our country? Wamos Rafa!
                              Rafa: Many thanks. I didn't know. I have been there last year to play an exhibition. I really had a great time there.

Could you share five or more songs that you love to listen the most?
                              David

Rafa: Today I have been listening to National Anthems (France, Italy, Germany) and also a song called Paloma from an Argentinean singer called Andres Calamaro.

Rafa! Are you afraid of the dentist?
                              Mia

Rafa: Yes !

How you can maintain your relationship with your friends when most days of the year you are away from home?
                              Zainab

Rafa: Telephone, messenger, skype, ...

Why do you support Real Madrid when your Uncle was a Barcelona legend?
                              Michael.

Rafa: Good question.., I was supporting Barcelona when my uncle was playing there but my heart belongs to Real Madrid and Mallorca. My father was a big influence on that.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...ons-for-2.html

Comment

Vamos Rafa i sutra odli?an me? protiv Beka gledao sam tog momka kad je osvojio turnir u Sarajevu i verujem da ?e u budu?nosri daleko dogurati ali king je Rafa ;) ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X