ATP - Rafael Nadal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

I tako i beshe...zasluzena i ubedljiva pobeda protiv Verdasca koji je ruku na srce posrnuo i zbog ochigledne povrede...no, to ne umanjuje Rafinu efikasnu pobedu VAMOS!!!

Comment

I tako ce biti i dalje...VAMOS RAFA!!!!!!
      Trazite ljude koje biste voleli, to je tajna i uspeh citavog zivota...

Comment

Day 8 - An Interview with Rafael Nadal day 8 - Sunday, June 1, 2008

Q. Coming to the second week, we think you are already thinking about winning another title. To achieve that, do you change anything from last year?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, happy to be in the quarterfinals. I just try my best every day, but I don't change nothing, no? Nothing, special, no?

Q. Are you still bothered by your blisters?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I today put the double protection, so I was better. I didn't feel nothing, so that's very important.

Q. Do you know what's the reason for those blisters?

RAFAEL NADAL: What?

Q. The reason, the cause for those blisters?

RAFAEL NADAL: A lot of matches, consecutive in a row, so it's difficult.

Q. Also, have you been using the same tennis shoes over the past months, or have you changed for a new model recently?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I use the same. Well, I didn't change, the same like last year.

Q. Can you just talk about your next opponent, Almagro? He's had a good season on clay. He's maybe a year older than you. Did you know him growing up?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, sure, I know him. No, I didn't play against him lot of times in the ATP. One time Barcelona.

Q. Twice.

RAFAEL NADAL: Two times?

Q. Yeah.

RAFAEL NADAL: (Speaking Spanish.) Oh, Palermo, yes. Sorry, yes. Long time ago.

Q. So you haven't played him in at least a couple years.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. Well, one of the toughest opponents on clay in this moment, for sure, no? He won in Brazil; he won in Acapulco; played the final in Valencia, but winning 5?2 against David Ferrer. So.

Probably going to be my toughest match in this week, no?

Q. Were you surprised it was so easy today?

RAFAEL NADAL: Always surprise. 6?1, 6?0, 6?2, in fourth round of Grand Slam. Is not usually. But I played a lot better today, better than last days. The day off from yesterday and one hour?and?a?half practice helped me a little bit, and I feel the ball better, no?

For sure Fernando was a little bit tighter later, but when the first set was normal the game was normal, I feel I am playing well, no?

Q. You only lost 22 games in four matches. Do you feel invincible?

RAFAEL NADAL: What?

Q. You only lost 22 games in these four matches, your four matches in Roland Garros.

RAFAEL NADAL: 22? Well, for sure I didn't feel nothing like you say, no? I feel when I go on court I can lose every day, and I feel I have to play my best tennis any want to continue winning.

Q. What was the situation when the trainer came out after you warmed up following the rain delay?

RAFAEL NADAL: Situation? The tension, you know, the tension going down. I don't ?? well, I feel a little bit dizzy, no? I just feel a little bit dizzy probably for ?? I go out half an hour, coming back.

I can't take a shower because I have all the tapes and it's not enough time for everything. Probably for that reason, when I come back on court I feel it a little bit dizzy, no?

But after, I eat some bread, some bananas, and that's helped me a lot, no?

Q. And how are the blisters on your feet at this point? Do they bother you at all today?

RAFAEL NADAL: Not today, nothing. I feel good.

Q. When you say dizzy, you mean light?headed, too? In English we'd say light?headed?

RAFAEL NADAL: (Spanish.) Dizzy is a lot?

Q. Dizzy sometimes means maybe you can fall down.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no, no, not for going down. I feel dizzy. I feel a little bit. (In Spanish.)

THE MODERATOR: Spanish questions.

Q. We've seen Ivanovic 6?Love, 6?Love, so there is no mercy in tennis. What is your opinion?

RAFAEL NADAL: For women it's different. It's totally different. They're playing differently, no? No, mercy? We all do what we can. I wish all my have matches were like this one, because I wouldn't suffer like this one.

But here we don't want to have mercy for anybody. We all fight on each point and we have to play to win the points. That's the only way we can achieve something.

Q. Having suffered the rain and the weather conditions during this tournament, and the threat that there would be an interruption because of the night, did it force you to play harder?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I don't know what you think that I play all my matches 100%. I'm not trying to do more or less. I do as much as I can on all matches.

You know, tennis is not a sport in which you can speculate, neither me nor Federer.

Q. Rafa, when you asked for the doctor you said you felt a bit dizzy. Can you say a bit more?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. As I said, I didn't have time to have a shower. I had sweat a lot, and ?? you know, when you have this half?hour interruption or delay, I felt a bit dizzy.

I could have played, but it was an important game. I was one break ahead and it was important for me to recover, so I took time to eat a banana, piece of bread, and it helped me feel better to win this first game.

Because at the beginning I was a bit dizzy when I served, and then I started feeling better and better.

Q. Second week you never lost a. Set, you're pretty fit. You're very confident. Apparently you're even more confident now.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, not more confident, just like everybody ?? just like every time. But I have a great respect for all my opponents. I don't have more confidence. I have great respect for the opponent. I know that I have to play 100% if I want to make it, but I know that all matches are going to be difficult.

Next match is against one of the greatest player on clay at the moment. It's going to be a very difficult match. I know that, so I'll try and play my best tennis to win.

Q. After the match, what did you say to Fernando?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I said, How are you? And he said he was a bit tired, which is quite normal, because we played a tough match. He probably doesn't play as many tough matches as I do. Then he also had a problem in Hamburg and didn't have much time to practice.

But he played a very beautiful tournament, reached the quarterfinals. It wasn't a good day for him. I played at a pretty good level, so I won.

Q. After this match, you probably are thinking about the match against Almagro, but you have a day off. You're relaxed tomorrow.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, I'll practice for one hour. But, you know, it's always a pleasure to have a day off in a Grand Slam tournament, even when you finish at 4:00 in the afternoon, because you have a feeling that you have a real day off.

Now, you know, I'll have to go back to hotel, have dinner, go to sleep and then start preparing my next match. But as I said, it's good to reach the quarterfinal. This is a difficult tournament.

It's good to reach the quarterfinals in three sets for all matches before, so that's very good. I hope it's not going to be my last match.

Q. Well, your match ended at the same time as that of Chardy and Almagro, so you were playing at the same time.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, I was watching the results. I was keeping an eye on their results, and we could have played a double (laughter.) No, it's not true, but I know them well.

Q. How are you going to play this opponent, Rafa?

RAFAEL NADAL: As I said, he is a very good player. He has a beautiful serve, very powerful serve. So I'll try and impose my rhythm, won't let him take the initiative, and make him run.

And that's perhaps his only weak point. I'll try and make him run.

Q. So you're playing on Tuesday, and that's your birthday, isn't it? I think it's 3rd of June. Would you like to play to make the most out of that day?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I can play at any time. And if I win, it's going to be a beautiful birthday present. I don't mind finishing early or at lunchtime, or like today in the evening.

At the end of the day, if the result is positive, it's going to be a beautiful day. And if it's not, well, too bad.

Q. You regard Almagro as one of the three players who could win against you on clay?

RAFAEL NADAL: One out of the three or four, yes, absolutely.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...348645015.html

Vamos Rafa

Comment

@bojana,tacno je to za Queens ,samo sto to nije bilo nista ozbiljno..Nando i Rafa su prijatelji iz DC reprezentacije kao i Feliciano Lopez i David Ferrer..Juce sam slusala Verdasca na ES da je rekao sve najbolje o Rafi...A i na pressu je Nadalov odgovor sasvim jasan...Boskovic je malo prenaglio sa ocenom....A i slike(gore) govore vise od reci..Sve je ok..verujte Rafinim navijacima 8) ;)
          .. inace,hvala za pics i info :-* :-* :-*

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
            with experience.

Comment

Da,da..slazem se da super komentarise..ali generalno su novinari poceli da preteruju sa nekim info(dezinfo),pogotovu ako imaju neku negativnu konotaciju..postaju kao zuta stampa :P...Gotovo da se najmanje o tenisu prica..lepo je provuci nesto iz privatnog zivota tenisera u prenosu,ali ne moraju to uvek da budu neke lose stvari,tipa Nadal kratkog veka,Fed je pred krajem karijere,Mirka mu se ugojila,Rafa i Nando u svadji,Sharapova platila kaznu..i sl..

Comment

Slazem se za komentarisanje mecheva, treba se malo vishe fokusirati na tenis, a manje na sve ostale propratne stvari!

Comment

• Comment

• [/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
                    with experience.

Comment

• [/quote]

Comment

Hvala za slike i intervju Crystal :-*

VAMOS RAFA VAMOS

Comment

Ovo za Acu je presmesno Pat ..Sigurno bismo saznaili i koji broj patika nosi Nadalov deda ;)..On je stvarno nova verzija Milojka Pantic,samo je jos u zut

Comment

Super mi je ova Nike RG kampanja.

Comment

^^^Iskreno da ti kazem, sem Fedove, za ovo dvoje su bash i mogli lepshe slike da nadju...mi znamo da je takvih na tone, no? ;)

Comment

Nadamo se sutra dvostrukom slavlju prolasku u polufinale i ro?endanu ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X